PDA

View Full Version : MLB Network to add Bob Costas?

PKalltheway
10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh boy, if they can get this done, this will be huge. Baseball is Costas' bread and butter.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/10/mlb-network-looking-to-add-costas.html

DSpivack
10-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm probably one of the few people who actually likes Bob Costas.

Let's just hope this Baseball Network works better than the last one.

turners56
10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm probably one of the few people who actually likes Bob Costas.

Let's just hope this Baseball Network works better than the last one.

There was a baseball network before?

DSpivack
10-29-2008, 07:26 PM
There was a baseball network before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baseball_Network

doublem23
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
/puke

Maybe I won't be subscribing.

champagne030
10-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Hopefully they stay "not particularly close" to a contract and the network quits discussing him for a role.

JUribe1989
10-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Love love LOVE Bob Costas. This would be a huge addition to the MLB Network. If they just take all of the crew from MLB.tv it will be somewhat of a joke. Costas would make the station.

Fenway
10-31-2008, 11:07 AM
MLB is intent to make this channel a must watch for baseball fans.

They have taken over the old MSNBC complex in Secaucus, NJ and they are spending top dollar for HD equipment.

They are also making a big push for Gammons and are willing to install a studio at his Cape Cod summer home if he jumps.

Hazel Mae is signed to be part of the nightly studio show and based on her work in Toronto and Boston will do just fine.

Unlike NFL Network they have made deals with all the major cable companies and they will be profitable from day 1.

This network will be a major part of our viewing lives starting Jan 1.

I want Mags back
10-31-2008, 11:11 AM
If they just take all of the crew from MLB.tv it will be somewhat of a joke. Costas would make the station.

if the exception of Reynolds, those are some of the most amateur sounding broadcasters I've ever seen. No wonder they arent on television, just online

thedudeabides
10-31-2008, 11:23 AM
MLB is intent to make this channel a must watch for baseball fans.

They have taken over the old MSNBC complex in Secaucus, NJ and they are spending top dollar for HD equipment.

They are also making a big push for Gammons and are willing to install a studio at his Cape Cod summer home if he jumps.

Hazel Mae is signed to be part of the nightly studio show and based on her work in Toronto and Boston will do just fine.

Unlike NFL Network they have made deals with all the major cable companies and they will be profitable from day 1.

That's good to hear they are going all out. Bob Costas would be a huge way to start. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he is a big name and a huge baseball guy. A network revolved around him could be a great alternative to having to get my baseball highlights form the Bristol clown college.

The NFL network hired away Rich Eisen and there coverage is already much better than ESPN's. Costas would be a bigger name and a bigger draw. I really think having and alternative is going to be great and may even force ESPN to re-focus on coverage instead of the tripe they are producing now.

TheKittle
10-31-2008, 11:27 AM

Please NO Costas or Gammons.

Looks like MLB finally got a clue. They actually learned from the NFL Network's biggest mistake-not getting deals with all the major cable companies first!!! But I doubt the Baseball Network will be on basic cable. Still gotta get one of those higher digital cable packages.