PDA

View Full Version : Fan of the year.....again

Fenway
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
http://media.philly.com/images/081027_foyle.jpg

God Bless Her!!!! :D:

Jessie Foyle of Philadelphia shows off her World Series tickets from the last 44 years. Foyle attended her first W.S. game in 1964, when the ticket was priced at $8, and has attended at least one game in every series ever since.

BleacherBandit
10-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I wonder how she can afford to go to a WS game every year...

#1swisher
10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Sweet!

PaleHoser
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Nice find! :thumbsup:

ohthosechisox
10-28-2008, 07:11 PM

I know. I'll probably never be able to afford to do this when I'm an old lady with ticket prices these days. Haha.

She's awesome! :-)

turners56
10-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Where's the stub from 2005?

chisoxfanatic
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Not going to another game during the season and "sitting tight" on her budget during the rest of the year...OR, she could have "connections." Yea, it's impressive that she's gone to so many WS games annually; however, I still think that attending every single game in a single season is more impressive, which I know there is at least one individual posting here who has done that...so, I wouldn't call her the "fan of the year" if that is the only game she is attending...It isn't that much more impressive than making a tradition of going to any other single game a year for 44 years. I've been to three times that many in the past four years alone, and there are others here who have been to hundreds, if not thousands of games in their life. I'd like to know how many total games she's actually been to.

soltrain21
10-28-2008, 10:44 PM

Is it really that much money? I mean, she is more than likely rich. People do far more expensive stuff than this.

BleacherBandit
10-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Is it really that much money? I mean, she is more than likely rich. People do far more expensive stuff than this.

That's true, but she's an old lady. Who knows if she even worked. Alot of women in that generation didn't. However, she probably gets somebody to get her tickets, that's my best guess.

EuroSox35
10-29-2008, 12:23 AM

Old doesn't mean poor, but I'm guessing she has some help in terms of actually getting the tickets. I wonder if MLB hooks her up. I mean it's the World Series, between season tickets and the suits, there's going to be a lot of diehards left SOL