PDA

View Full Version : BA 2008 Draft Grade

TheKittle
10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
BA graded the Sox, along with the rest of the AL Central's, 2008 draft. It's a subscription content on BA. So mods, can I say the Sox got so and so grade?

doublem23
10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Paraphrasing is OK, providing a link for BA subscribers is OK, you just cannot copy and paste the article (or parts) here verbatim.

turners56
10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
BA graded the Sox, along with the rest of the AL Central's, 2008 draft. It's a subscription content on BA. So mods, can I say the Sox got so and so grade?

I think you can say that. You just can't take it word for word.

btrain929
10-27-2008, 06:53 PM

So what you got for us, Kittle?

Jeff B
10-27-2008, 09:50 PM
They gave grades? I reading the White Sox "report card" now but don't see any grades listed, would you mind posting a link?

btrain929
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Report cards usually have grades on them, so it makes sense for there to be grades somewhere on the report card......:cool:

munchman33
10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Scout.com graded the ten best drafts. We were not among them.

http://milb.scout.com/2/760425.html

cws05champ
10-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm a BA subscriber. It has no letter grade, it just goes over the draft and the best tools of the players that were drafted and a description of their tools and how they did in short season ball. I'll just put the catagories and player...I havn't copied/pasted:

Best pure hitter: Tyler Kuhn, Jorge Castillo
Best Power: Beckham, Morel
Best Speed: Justin Greene
Best Defensive player: Jordan Danks
Best fastball: Dexter Carter
Best 2ndary pitch: Steve Upchurch(plus-plus change and curve)
Best pro debut: Carter
Best Athlete: Danks
Best late round pick: Carter, Kuhn(slipped through the cracks)

TheKittle
10-28-2008, 03:27 PM

I'm a BA subscriber. It has no letter grade, it just goes over the draft and the best tools of the players that were drafted and a description of their tools and how they did in short season ball. I'll just put the catagories and player...I havn't copied/pasted:

Best pure hitter: Tyler Kuhn, Jorge Castillo
Best Power: Beckham, Morel
Best Speed: Justin Greene
Best Defensive player: Jordan Danks
Best fastball: Dexter Carter
Best 2ndary pitch: Steve Upchurch(plus-plus change and curve)
Best pro debut: Carter
Best Athlete: Danks
Best late round pick: Carter, Kuhn(slipped through the cracks)

Sorry to mislead anybody. I was going to post something like this. Didn't mean to say/imply there was a letter grade.

Those grades from that link came right after the draft. The Yankees didn't sign their first and third round picks. Both are now in college, that would greatly reduce their grade.

thedudeabides
10-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Isn't it entirely too early to start grading this draft? :scratch:

btrain929
10-28-2008, 04:13 PM

No. It's not like the reports are saying "this guy will be a bench player and has no chance of being a stud." It's just letting fans know (the majority of which have never seen them play) some of the strengths and upside of players that are now in our system. Is that ok with you?

NLaloosh
10-28-2008, 04:21 PM

It's nice to know that our divisonal opponents are great drafters.

fozzy
10-28-2008, 04:29 PM
there's a good summary of it on the message boards over at the sox's home page

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-whitesox&tid=96550

thedudeabides
10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
No. It's not like the reports are saying "this guy will be a bench player and has no chance of being a stud." It's just letting fans know (the majority of which have never seen them play) some of the strengths and upside of players that are now in our system. Is that ok with you?

Yeah, it's ok. I like to read any report I can, I was commenting on the letter grades. I thought it was a recent article, and didn't realize it was right after the draft. It just seemed a little early to start giving a top ten on this years draft already.

TheKittle
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah, it's ok. I like to read any report I can, I was commenting on the letter grades. I thought it was a recent article, and didn't realize it was right after the draft. It just seemed a little early to start giving a top ten on this years draft already.

There are two articles in this post. The Baseball America article is recent, less than a few days old.

The other article, where somebody posted a link, is dated June of 08.

Over By There
10-28-2008, 08:46 PM

At WSI it's never too early to induct a farmhand into Cooperstown.

EndemicSox
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
http://billings.mustangs.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080904&content_id=454568&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Who'd a thunk it...Dexter Carter, he of the 8 ERA in his final collegiate season....nice