PDA

View Full Version : Zzzzzzzzzz.....

Chisox_cali
05-19-2002, 03:45 PM
God our Offense really needs to wake up!! Especially since were about to start a big series against one of the best teams in baseball the Red Sox. I really hope they are just storing up the "O" like when we got our asses handed to us from Oakland, than took 2 of 3 from the M's. I really hate seeing this:

http://tomsquotes.amhosting.net/sitcom/seinfeld/jerry/sleeping.jpg

Jerry_Manuel
05-19-2002, 03:49 PM
Once they get down by 2 or more runs they seem to just pack it in. Oh well, bitching about it doesn't help.

duke of dorwood
05-20-2002, 08:52 AM
They do pack it in. They are about as listless as a team can be once they get behind. Wasn't like this in 2000 with pretty much the same core of players. Even in close games, looks like guys go up just to get the game over with.

Garrison
05-20-2002, 09:14 AM
When behind after six innings, the Sox are 1-18. That's just plain awful. Once we get behind I almost want to turn the game off because I know the result all ready. I mean I still watch the whole game, but I'm not very excited anymore when we bat in the late innings.

JoeBatters
05-20-2002, 11:56 AM
How true with there predictability when there down runs ! You know it's bad when you get that " Game over feeling " inside ! There has'd to be a reason for this ! Manager ? Certian players ? Not enuff :gulp: in the dugout ? What ?

duke of dorwood
05-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Manager. Shouldn't we be better than 24-20 at this stage?

Whitesox
05-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Who are the pitchers we will be facing. I know we have Lowe tonight, and I know we miss Pedro, who are the guys for Tuesday and Wed.

JoeBatters
05-20-2002, 12:18 PM
I'd Say yesssssssssssssssss , we are about to become a .500 team very soon again , as last year !

Jjav829
05-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox
Who are the pitchers we will be facing. I know we have Lowe tonight, and I know we miss Pedro, who are the guys for Tuesday and Wed.

Oliver and Castillo

raul12
05-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

we can never have too much of this:

:firejerry

i swear...the fans by committee could do a better job. hey, that would be a great promotion for the white sox, plus it'd save the salary of a useless manager, so then we could afford that pitcher we've always wanted. granted, the vote by the fans was tried before and was horrendously unsuccessful, but hey, at least we can figure out that royce shouldn't bat in the 8th or 9th inning. we'd just have to make sure all the flub fans were bound and gagged. and in case anyone has a short attention span...

:firejerry

hold2dibber
05-20-2002, 05:38 PM
It is truly amazing how the offense of this team hits in spurts. And the spurts never seem to come late in the game, unless they're already up a few runs. I don't know if it is the "pressure" of being expected to win the division, or what (as the 2000 playoffs seemed to suggest, the hitters on this team don't react well to pressure situations). With all that said, 24-20 is not at all surprising to me. They're winning at a .545 clip. Over the course of the season, that would translate to 88 wins. Does anyone think that this team has a realistic chance at winning much more than 88 games? I said at the beginning of the season that the team that wins this division will have between 86 and 92 wins. I still think that's the case, and I think both the Sox and the Twins will be in that area. With the starting rotation we have, a .545 clip seems about right to me. Now, if we could add a decent #3 starter and/or find a pitching coach that could turn the much ballyhooed "potential" of Wright, Garland, Ginter, Rauch, etc. into consistent quality pitching, 90-95 wins would seem realistic to me. But I'm not holding my breath on either of those things happening.

MisterB
05-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by JoeBatters
How true with there predictability when there down runs ! You know it's bad when you get that " Game over feeling " inside ! There has'd to be a reason for this ! Manager ? Certian players ? Not enuff :gulp: in the dugout ? What ?

Originally posted by duke of dorwood

The 2000 White Sox had plenty of late-inning heroics! Maybe we can get their manager! :D:

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by MisterB

The 2000 White Sox had plenty of late-inning heroics! Maybe we can get their manager! :D:
We need the Komeback of the Kardiak Kids.

Uh oh, KKK, that's not good.