PDA

View Full Version : Indians, Royals talking Teahen deal

Sockinchisox
10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Teahen for Francisco or Gutierrez or Crowe is what is being discussed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081026&content_id=3646481&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

JermaineDye05
10-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Teahen for Francisco or Gutierrez or Crowe is what is being discussed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081026&content_id=3646481&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Seems fairly even I guess. Both good looking young players. I would be ecstatic if the Indians gave Gutierrez to the Royals, I'd much rather him kill us as a part of the Royals than a part of the Indians who will most likely be contending again next year.

JB98
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Seems fairly even I guess. Both good looking young players. I would be ecstatic if the Indians gave Gutierrez to the Royals, I'd much rather him kill us as a part of the Royals than a part of the Indians who will most likely be contending again next year.

Meh. Teahan kills us too. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 11:28 PM
:shrug:

turners56
10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Why can't they trade Teahen outside of the division?

btrain929
10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Why can't they trade Teahen outside of the division?

Why can't they trade him to us?

turners56
10-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Why can't they trade him to us?

Mark Teahen is not that great of a player. He's versatile, but he's average in every other phase of the game. I'd like to think we have more than enough to acquire him. But there's better options.

FedEx227
10-27-2008, 04:44 PM
He's fallen off my radar. I thought he would be something decently special, but he's been very mediocre.

btrain929
10-27-2008, 04:48 PM
I agree he's not an all-world player, but if he can hit like he's shown in the past in a hitters park, play 3B, and give us another lefty stick that we desperately need (especially after '09 when Thome leaves), I'd look into it.

FedEx227
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
If it can be had for a relatively small sum, then absolutely. I would much prefer him over Josh Fields.

turners56
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree he's not an all-world player, but if he can hit like he's shown in the past in a hitters park, play 3B, and give us another lefty stick that we desperately need (especially after '09 when Thome leaves), I'd look into it.

Franklin Gutierrez is as about as valuable as Brian Anderson. He was horrible last year. The Indians no longer need him because they found their new RF this year in Choo. I don't know who this Crowe guy is, but I see that he had a decent OBP in the minors. I think we could muster enough to get a guy like this. But I think we already have somebody like him on our team by the name of Nick Swisher.

Craig Grebeck
10-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Where is this "Mark Teahen kills us" noise coming from? His career line against us: .250/.312/.447.

Decent, but he's not been very good against us.

turners56
10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Where is this "Mark Teahen kills us" noise coming from? His career line against us: .250/.312/.447.

Decent, but he's not been very good against us.

Nick Punto is a .275 hitter against us. But we all know he kills us.

Teahen might only be hitting .250, but he has 11 homers against us and 29 RBI. That's more production than any other team he's played against. Teahen also likes to kill us in big situations. Like Hawk says, "don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit."

guillen4life13
10-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Nick Punto is a .275 hitter against us. But we all know he kills us.

Teahen might only be hitting .250, but he has 11 homers against us and 29 RBI. That's more production than any other team he's played against. Teahen also likes to kill us in big situations. Like Hawk says, "don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit."

Uh oh. I anticipate an argument over this one...

JGarlandrules20
10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I really think he underachieved the last 2 seasons and I believe the Royals throwing him all over the place may have caused that. He's been rotated between 3B, RF, LF, back to RF and 1B on occasion.

Alex Gordon went down with an injury late this season, so he went back to third and that's finally when he went on a little hitting tear. If they would just let him settle into one position and not make him this versatility guy, I believe he could become the player he was supposed to be or get back to the potential he showed in the second half of '06.

He's my favorite non-sox player so I've been following him the past few years. Hah, don't ask. :tongue:

btrain929
10-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Whether it's true or not, Moore is denying any trade talks...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081027&content_id=3649024&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc&partnerId=rss_kc

nodiggity59
10-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Is Teahan good at 3B defensively? If so I wouldn't mind dealing Fields, maybe KW could get yet another KC reliever out of it, too. :D:

Zisk77
10-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Is Teahan good at 3B defensively? If so I wouldn't mind dealing Fields, maybe KW could get yet another KC reliever out of it, too. :D:

Its his natural position. He moved to RF because Gordon is better defensively, but Teahen was fine their defensively. I don't think we can get him but I would like it as I think he is good now with lots of upside especially in the power department. And he can run!

turners56
10-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Dealing Fields for Teahen is a horrible trade. Fields might have had a terrible second year, but just how many teams do you know that would keep a kid who had almost a breakout season the previous year in the minors the next? Add on to the fact that he was injured and you have a reason as to why he was so bad. He has room for improvement. He's no Joe Borchard, he showed that in 2007. Teahen for Fields straight up seems ridiculous. You're basically giving up an Adam Dunn type player for a guy that is average in every category possible. I'd rather have Fields than Teahen.

Tragg
10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Teahen for Fields straight up seems ridiculous. You're basically giving up an Adam Dunn type player for a guy that is average in every category possible. I'd rather have Fields than Teahen.
It is ridiculous. Teahan is another low obp ballplayer with only marginal (low double digit) power.
Fields may turn out to be a bust; but he may not. We can pick up someone like Teahan cheap if we need it.

oeo
10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Dealing Fields for Teahen is a horrible trade. Fields might have had a terrible second year, but just how many teams do you know that would keep a kid who had almost a breakout season the previous year in the minors the next? Add on to the fact that he was injured and you have a reason as to why he was so bad. He has room for improvement. He's no Joe Borchard, he showed that in 2007. Teahen for Fields straight up seems ridiculous. You're basically giving up an Adam Dunn type player for a guy that is average in every category possible. I'd rather have Fields than Teahen.

Teahen is just another guy that kills us, and Hawk has a mega boner over...which is why people would want him.

areilly
10-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Its his natural position. He moved to RF because Gordon is better defensively, but Teahen was fine their defensively. I don't think we can get him but I would like it as I think he is good now with lots of upside especially in the power department. And he can run!

With every season that passes, I hate this word more and more. Boone Logan has tremendous upside. So does Brian Anderson. And Joe Borchard.

Demps2
10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Teahen is just another guy that kills us, and Hawk has a mega boner over...which is why people would want him.

Good thing he never was a broadcaster when Yaz played. maybe not the avg. player part.

Zisk77
10-30-2008, 12:43 AM
With every season that passes, I hate this word more and more. Boone Logan has tremendous upside. So does Brian Anderson. And Joe Borchard.

I hear ya and agree with the triteness (is that a word?) with the term upside. However in Teahen's case I think he is a good young player whose power numbers are bound to increase. He's a big strong kid (and a good athlete) that just has to put it together and I like his chances.

palehozenychicty
10-30-2008, 09:40 AM
I hear ya and agree with the triteness (is that a word?) with the term upside. However in Teahen's case I think he is a good young player whose power numbers are bound to increase. He's a big strong kid (and a good athlete) that just has to put it together and I like his chances.

Weren't we hearing the same thing about Josh Fields in 2006? :scratch:

Zisk77
10-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Weren't we hearing the same thing about Josh Fields in 2006? :scratch:

Teahen's better defensively than Josh more versitile (Of, 3b, 1b) and a better overall hitter right now. Josh has shown better power to date.

Josh will probably be a good slugger when healthy. I think its silly to hold this year against josh and think he will never be any good as some people claim.

I'd be ecstatic if Teahen was our 3b or Rf next year.