PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever been to an AFL Game?

JUribe1989
10-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Has anyone ever been to an Arizona Fall League game?

If so, what are they like? About how many people go? Concessions? All the normal Spring Training things?

hellview
10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
I've been to a few, it's somewhere between a spring training game and instructional league games.

Overall though a nice experience to see some of the top minor league talent.

Grobber33
10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Usually just a few hundred fans and about 5 Scouts. Very laid back.

JUribe1989
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Phenomenal, I can't wait. Going to game in Mesa tomorrow vs. Peoria. Hopefully I get to see at least one of Armstrong, Beckham, or Poreda.

ode to veeck
10-27-2008, 06:50 AM
I don't think there's too many folks old enough here to have been to an AFL game. How about Chiefs at Raiders early 70s, that's a wild one

goofymsfan
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't think there's too many folks old enough here to have been to an AFL game. How about Chiefs at Raiders early 70s, that's a wild one

PST, by AFL he is referring to the Arizona Fall League, not the American Football League. :tongue:

As to the question poise, I would love to attend some games as there are come good prospects playing for the Peoria Javalinas that I would love to see play.

JUribe1989
10-27-2008, 10:52 PM
It was a phenomenal afternoon to watch a game as the Saguaros bombarded the Solar Sox at Hohokam.

Got autographs and got to meet Jordan Danks, Gordon Beckham, Aaron Poreda, and Lucas Harrell. All great guys, Danks talked to me about his brother for quite a bit and his excitement watching the one game playoff. Said he would say hi to John for me, :D:.

Great bunch of guys, can't wait to have every one of them up for our Sox.

AZChiSoxFan
10-28-2008, 07:17 PM
It was a phenomenal afternoon to watch a game as the Saguaros bombarded the Solar Sox at Hohokam.

Got autographs and got to meet Jordan Danks, Gordon Beckham, Aaron Poreda, and Lucas Harrell. All great guys, Danks talked to me about his brother for quite a bit and his excitement watching the one game playoff. Said he would say hi to John for me, :D:.

Great bunch of guys, can't wait to have every one of them up for our Sox.

Fall League games are indeed great for getting to talk to the players and get autographs, as you found out.

The last time I went to a game, there were about 100 fans there.

Medford Bobby
10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Boy I'm so close but been too busy to go to Phoenix. I wish they still had a Tucson club here. (Don't tell MLB/AFL that Tucson has running water now....)

Chicken Dinner
11-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Fall League games are indeed great for getting to talk to the players and get autographs, as you found out.

The last time I went to a game, there were about 100 fans there.

Yeah, they don't draw a lot of fans, but I think I have about 12 foul balls.