PDA

View Full Version : White Sox - Cubs book

Dan H
10-26-2008, 08:44 AM
For those who don't know me, my name is Dan Helpingstine and I have written three books on the White Sox. I am in the process of doing a fourth although this will include stuff about the Cubs as well. The focus of this book will center on why fans choose the teams they support. It will be historical and the book will demonstrate that there is no fan competition like in it in any sport or any major league city. The book will also make the point that this rivarly is good for Chicago baseball.

As I have done in my other work, I want to interview fans for their memories and thoughts. What I really need from Sox fans is the story of why they became and remained White Sox fans. It may be as simple as that the tradition was part of your family. It may go deeper than that. Whatever motivates you, something about you makes you different than a Cub fan, at least as far as your baseball tastes go. Or maybe even deeper than that.

Any one interested can contact me at my e-mail at Helpingstine8150@sbcglobal.net. I appreciate any assistance.