PDA

View Full Version : Cubs call up Prior

Jerry_Manuel
05-19-2002, 10:42 AM
He'll start on Wednesday vs. Josh Fogg.

Prior (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0518/1384047.html)

RedPinStripes
05-19-2002, 10:53 AM
I guess they're going to the series now huh? :)

LuvChiSox
05-19-2002, 12:08 PM
ooooooh we're so scared!!!! ooooh, the NL is shaking in its boots!!!

Dust off the mantle, prepare for a WS trophy!!

LMAO!!!!

HawkDJ
05-19-2002, 12:08 PM
I got my money on Fogg.

cheeses_h_rice
05-19-2002, 12:27 PM
I bought a pair of tix for Wednesday's Prior debut.

I will report back if I see any evidence of seas parting, dead men coming back to life, multiplying of bread loaves and fishes, etc.

Not that I'm counting on it.

DrCrawdad
05-19-2002, 01:26 PM
The day Cub tickets went on sale I bought tickets to two games - Sox vs. Cubs and this Wednesday's game vs. the Pirates. I was hoping that I'd get to see Kip Wells, Cy Fogg or possibly Sean Lowe pitch. From what I see now though it doesn't appear that any of the ex-Sox guys are throwing on Wednesday. Little did I know that I bought tickets to the debut of The Promised One - The High Priest of Pitching, Mark Prior. The Promised One that will lead the Cubs out of the abyss.

I have tickets to the bleachers. I've never sat in the bleachers at Wrigley. So I'll report back about the experience.

Any suggestions?

- DrCrawdad.

DrCrawdad
05-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad I was hoping that I'd get to see Kip Wells, Cy Fogg or possibly Sean Lowe pitch. From what I see now though it doesn't appear that any of the ex-Sox guys are throwing on Wednesday. [/B]

Jerry Manuel, looks like you're correct! Cy Fogg is starting on Wednesday! Excellent!

It would be really cool to see Cy Fogg get his third win against the Cubs, BEFORE June 1st!

- DrCrawdad.

bc2k
05-19-2002, 04:59 PM
I was hoping his callup would be after the two series vs. the White Sox. Now during the two crosstown series the Cubs will have something to look forward to. I'm betting Baylor will mix up the rotation so Prior pitches once in each series. I hope Fogg gets the win on wednesday and the Sox bomb Prior when we see him.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I have tickets to the bleachers. I've never sat in the bleachers at Wrigley. So I'll report back about the experience.

Any suggestions?

Sure. Leave your brain at home, and put an extra baseball in your coat pocket. You'll fit right in babbling with the morons seated around you, and can tote home a valuable souvenir when you catch one of the gopher balls the Flubbies serve up.

:)

DrCrawdad
05-19-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Sure. Leave your brain at home, and put an extra baseball in your coat pocket.

Alright, no problem there.

Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
You'll fit right in babbling with the morons seated around you, and can tote home a valuable souvenir when you catch one of the gopher balls the Flubbies serve up.

Funny that you mention this. I was thinking about bringing a ball and then IF one of the Cubbies hits one in my area, throwing mine on the field. What do you think would happen? Would I get tossed out?

- DrCrawdad

Vsahajpal
05-19-2002, 07:28 PM

Alright, no problem there.

Funny that you mention this. I was thinking about bringing a ball and then IF one of the Cubbies hits one in my area, throwing mine on the field. What do you think would happen? Would I get tossed out?

- DrCrawdad

Well, Fogg's pitching, so the only realistic chance of a HR is if Prior hits one, in which case you wouldn't want to throw it back. How funny would it be if a Sox fan had that piece of memorabilia (sp?)?

doublem23
05-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I bought a pair of tix for Wednesday's Prior debut.

I will report back if I see any evidence of seas parting, dead men coming back to life, multiplying of bread loaves and fishes, etc.

Not that I'm counting on it.

Ha ha... Yeah, I'm gonna catch that game, too with some of my Flub friends...

I gots to get the old voice box ready for some hecklin'...

Soxheads
05-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Well, Fogg's pitching, so the only realistic chance of a HR is if Prior hits one, in which case you wouldn't want to throw it back. How funny would it be if a Sox fan had that piece of memorabilia (sp?)?

I dunno. You may want to throw it back, because if you don't you would be mugged numerous times.

Nellie_Fox
05-20-2002, 03:44 AM
I am absolutely stunned at how many of you are willing to set foot in Wrigley, not to mention giving money to the team.

CLR01
05-20-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I dunno. You may want to throw it back, because if you don't you would be mugged numerous times.

Why would he get mugged for not throwing back a cubs HR ball?? :?:

Garrison
05-20-2002, 09:34 AM
I remember reading that Prior got roughed up in his last minor league start before getting called up. Like a bad 3rd inning or something like that. Whatever though, they need all the help that they can get. I got my money on Cy Fogg.

voodoochile
05-20-2002, 12:59 PM
The day Cub tickets went on sale I bought tickets to two games - Sox vs. Cubs and this Wednesday's game vs. the Pirates. I was hoping that I'd get to see Kip Wells, Cy Fogg or possibly Sean Lowe pitch. From what I see now though it doesn't appear that any of the ex-Sox guys are throwing on Wednesday. Little did I know that I bought tickets to the debut of The Promised One - The High Priest of Pitching, Mark Prior. The Promised One that will lead the Cubs out of the abyss.

Any suggestions?

- DrCrawdad.

Get there early so you can sit close to the field...

Chisox353014
05-20-2002, 02:15 PM

Any suggestions?

- DrCrawdad.

Stay home and watch the Sox. :cool:

Chisox353014
05-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I am absolutely stunned at how many of you are willing to set foot in Wrigley, not to mention giving money to the team.

Here here! I made a vow long ago that the only way I would ever set foot in Wrigley is if:
1. The Sox are playing
2. I don't have to pay for my ticket
3. That ticket was already sold and not originally intended for me (so my presence there isn't making the Cubs any money they didn't already make)
I've already turned down a chance to go see a game for free. When I worked for GE a few years ago, there was an office-wide outing to Wrigley. I stayed at work and just left at lunchtime.
I may eventually break down and go to a Sox-Flubs game someday, but I'll buy my tickets from a scalper or broker. I can't see myself ever buying tickets directly from the Cubs. For me, that would be like donating money to the GOP, and I would feel dirty. :D:

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Why would he get mugged for not throwing back a cubs HR ball?? :?:

Whoops!Got a little mixed up there! :smile:

guillen4life13
05-20-2002, 09:02 PM
imo prior's gonna go places. maybe the sox should get him while he's still not proven.

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
imo prior's gonna go places. maybe the sox should get him while he's still not proven.

Who would be our Karchner in this trade for their Garland?

guillen4life13
05-20-2002, 09:12 PM
garland himself could be.

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 09:14 PM
garland himself could be.

I feel like I'm the only person who still supports Mr. Garland. I still think he's a good starter.

guillen4life13
05-20-2002, 09:17 PM
i agree, but i think prior could be better. i see him as being better than buehrle in a coupl years.

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 09:20 PM
i agree, but i think prior could be better. i see him as being better than buehrle in a coupl years.

IMO, I don't know if Prior so special. He'll probably pull a Rauch when he's called up.