PDA

View Full Version : Lineup last night

Jerry_Manuel
05-19-2002, 10:38 AM
From the TBGR:

Jerry Manuel really let his hair down, fielding a line up that featured a novel (for him) strategic concept: batting his most-important defensive player, the catcher, in the ninth spot. Mark Johnson rewarded Manuel's managerial acumen with a hit, a walk, and a run scored. Tony Graffannino sure looked good with his .328 batting average sitting there in the #8 slot, too. He started at shortstop.

I'm not a big fan of Royce, but I liked how he was used last night. Manuel put him in the game in the 8th inning, so he could flash his glove, even though the game was out of hand. I'd like to see Manuel do that more often.

RedPinStripes
05-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From the TBGR:

I'm not a big fan of Royce, but I liked how he was used last night. Manuel put him in the game in the 8th inning, so he could flash his glove, even though the game was out of hand. I'd like to see Manuel do that more often.

I agree

voodoochile
05-19-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I agree

Me too...

I am all for Royce becoming a late inning defensive substitution...

:)

rmusacch
05-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From the TBGR:

I was talking with someone the other day about maybe Graffanino becoming a super sub. He could become a super sub, giving the regular starters a break. He could play maybe 4-5 times a week, starting a game at short, second, third and the corner outfield positions.

voodoochile
05-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

I was talking with someone the other day about maybe Graffanino becoming a super sub. He could become a super sub, giving the regular starters a break. He could play maybe 4-5 times a week, starting a game at short, second, third and the corner outfield positions.

JM said that exact thing after Graff's breakout game earlier this week. Look for him to be in the lineup a lot more, though I don't think I want to see him in RF anytime soon...