PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy a Carlos Quentin Jersey?

Whitesoxfan23
10-20-2008, 07:52 AM
I found one on Ebay. It's brand new, a buy now option for $79.00. I don't own a White Sox jersey, or any baseball jersey, so I figured what better way to start, then buy one of a guy who will more than likely be the face of the franchise for years to come. I noticed Whitesox.com didn't have any. Where did you guys that have a Quentin jersey, get yours? Thanks in advance.

esbrechtel
10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
I order all of my jerseys online from Triple Threat Sports...triplethreatsports.com

If you want to buy any jersey on whitesox.com you just have to click on the style you want and there will be an option to put any player you want on it.

Ebay jerseys can be a thing of mystery. Sometimes you will get one and it is a fake and looks wierd other times you can find some good deals. It is obviously the cheaper way to go but for my money I would rather spend an extra 20 or 30 bucks and get an official jersey from TTS or whitesox.com

esbrechtel
10-20-2008, 08:10 AM
At Triple threat sports

For 150 you can get an authentic customized w/ any player (same as what the players wear, better quality than replica)

for 100 you can get a replica customized w/ any player

beasly213
10-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Grandstand is pretty sweet for authentic jersey's.

Also I've had one good experience with buying a jersey off ebay and one bad one. Just check out the persons feedback before buying.

jabrch
10-20-2008, 09:03 AM
The real question you have to ask is "What do I really want?"

If the answer is an authentic field type jersey, buy it from Triple Threat or Grandstand.

If you are OK with a replica, go to eBay and save yourself the $20. Still be careful to make sure you only buy from someone with good feedback.

Domeshot17
10-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Here is GENERALLY the difference

From Triple Threat Sports they get their orders straight from Majestic. I could be wrong but I do believe Grandstand does too, as well as doing their own? TTS is easier on the wallet, as you pay 150 for an authentic where GS you pay 150 for a replica (on a custom order).

Ebay, what most of the bigger jersey sellers do, is buy a plain black, or white and black pinstripe jersey. Then they buy a giant bulk of letter kits, and sew the Sox Logo, Name, and Numbers on themselves. Sometimes you get a real nice one for cheap, and sometimes you get a lemon, its the risk you take.

I got a Tommie Harris authentic off ebay and I love it, my Wife got me an Urlacher Jersey off ebay, good quality, but the lettering on the orange Jersey is blue and not white. It really is hit or miss.

hi im skot
10-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Many of the MLB and NFL jerseys on eBay are bootlegs. The MLB ones are generally awful, while the NFL ones are often quite good.

You're going to pay a little bit more at Grandstand, but they have the best quality of any of the resources listed in this thread. I got a Buehrle jersey through Triple Threat and the front numbers are way too low. Grandstand has never done me wrong.

The website distantreplays.com is having a special right now on authentics, and I'm pretty sure they get all of their numbering done through Majestic. Majestic can be good and they can be bad, but with the great special going on right now, that might be your best bet.

#1swisher
10-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Check out www.majesticathletic.com
They have a couple of Quentin jerseys available, depending on your $. Plus free shipping on orders over $100.

I want Mags back
10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
I nearly bought a Quentin ASG workout jersey from Ebay. Im regretting not doing it now

soxpride724
10-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Be careful on Ebay. If an item does not state "Authentic" in the listing then it generally is fake, as the seller is trying to "Play it safe" by not claiming his item to be real. Now there have been people who have stated that thier items were authentic and were still selling fakes so it is hit or miss. Check the feedback first thats always a great indicator.

hi im skot
10-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Be careful on Ebay. If an item does not state "Authentic" in the listing then it generally is fake, as the seller is trying to "Play it safe" by not claiming his item to be real. Now there have been people who have stated that thier items were authentic and were still selling fakes so it is hit or miss. Check the feedback first thats always a great indicator.

Even some of the "authentic" jerseys are junk.

At the ballpark this year, I saw at least 10 bootleg Sox jerseys per game. Some people don't care that they're getting a bootleg, but man, do they look awful.

Bootleg Sox jerseys (the most common players are Swisher, Quentin and Thome) have a terrible fit, are made of a shiny material, has poor lettering and has a red and white MLB logo on the back (instead of the team-specific colors).

This (http://cgi.ebay.com/CARLOS-QUENTIN-SOX-AUTHENTIC-BLACK-MAJESTIC-JERSEY-54_W0QQitemZ110301521382QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item11 0301521382&_trkparms=72%3A1423%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) is a bootleg, even though it has the black and silver MLB logo on the back.

Yeah, I'm a uniform geek...

lizard6king6
10-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah ebay has a lot of fakes but for the price I always get off ebay. I just bought an "authentic" All Star Quentin jersey for $35 total including shipping off ebay. It says authentic, looks authentic, but to a good eye youc an tell. To the average fan, you cannot tell though. Its a nice cheap jersey I can wear and not be afraid to get dirty at games.

Brian26
10-20-2008, 06:40 PM
This (http://cgi.ebay.com/CARLOS-QUENTIN-SOX-AUTHENTIC-BLACK-MAJESTIC-JERSEY-54_W0QQitemZ110301521382QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item11 0301521382&_trkparms=72%3A1423%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) is a bootleg, even though it has the black and silver MLB logo on the back.

The first thing that jumps out at me on that jersey is how closely the letters in "Quentin" are incorrectly spaced.

I want Mags back
10-20-2008, 08:02 PM

At the ballpark this year, I saw at least 10 bootleg Sox jerseys per game. Some people don't care that they're getting a bootleg, but man, do they look awful.

Bootleg Sox jerseys (the most common players are Swisher, Quentin and Thome) have a terrible fit, are made of a shiny material, has poor lettering and has a red and white MLB logo on the back (instead of the team-specific colors).

that one actually may the worst I've ever seen on Ebay

hi im skot
10-20-2008, 08:03 PM
that one actually may the worst I've ever seen on Ebay

Yet I see people wearing them at every game...

HomeFish
10-20-2008, 08:34 PM
For most people, the purpose of a jersey is to signal what team you're rooting for to others at the game/bar/restaurant with minimal information costs. A bootleg jersey seems like all you would need to do this.

For many years, I went to Sox games wearing a button down "jersey shirt" that I bought for $15 at a US Cellular Field parking lot, which I then took to Grandstand and had Herbert Perry's name and number put on it for $25. It certainly didn't look like anything Herbert Perry ever wore (apart from being white with pinstripes and having the Sox logo on the front), but it let everyone know what team I liked and who my favorite recent third baseman for them was.

HomeFish
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
And, indeed, one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen at US Cellular Field was a little kid wearing a white t-shirt with "Takatsu 10" written on the back in black marker.

soxpride724
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Yeah that one was pretty bad. On Ebay you can buy the blank Majestic replicas for pretty cheap. I then take them to Grandstand and personalize them and add patches, not the real deal but way better then the knock offs on Ebay.

nccwsfan
10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah that one was pretty bad. On Ebay you can buy the blank Majestic replicas for pretty cheap. I then take them to Grandstand and personalize them and add patches, not the real deal but way better then the knock offs on Ebay.

I have a few jerseys like this. You can buy the replica home or alternate jersey plain for $80 on MLB.com. Even though they're not the real thing it's pretty darn close, at least close enough for the casual observer. Once you get that go to Grandstand- they'll put authentic numbers, lettering, and patches on for around $55-$60, depending on the jersey. $140 < $200.

Like others have said if you want the authentic thing it's available, but for those looking to cut some costs and have a sharp looking jersey this isn't a terrible idea.

soxpride724
10-21-2008, 12:52 PM
I have a few jerseys like this. You can buy the replica home or alternate jersey plain for $80 on MLB.com. Even though they're not the real thing it's pretty darn close, at least close enough for the casual observer. Once you get that go to Grandstand- they'll put authentic numbers, lettering, and patches on for around $55-$60, depending on the jersey. $140 < $200.

Like others have said if you want the authentic thing it's available, but for those looking to cut some costs and have a sharp looking jersey this isn't a terrible idea.

Yeah I go with the authentic lettering also. The flat black letters on the back and front look terrible. If you go this route you need to get an MLB silver and black logo for the back of the jersey and they are pretty cheap.

soltrain21
10-21-2008, 01:48 PM
You gotta go authentic, and go to Triple Threat.

If I would have been the first person in this thread I would have said, "The Carlos Quentin Store."

BubblingCalderon
10-21-2008, 03:07 PM
It depends on what you want. I bought a jersey off ebay it was from the ebay store jerseystore2000. I recomend buying replica jerseys from this guy before getting one at the mall. They are essentially the same jerseys but this guy puts lettering simmilar to authentic jerseys. Personally I prefer the authentic jereseys because they are able to take more wear and teaR.