PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Season Tickets

soxrepublican
10-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Any idea what the 2009 season ticket plans will be?

DumpJerry
10-18-2008, 04:26 PM
By posting this in the Ticket Exchange, you made sure nobody could respond. You would have known this by reading the stuck threads at the top of the Ticket Exchange.

Here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_plans.jsp?loc=deposits) is your answer, by the way.

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Anybody know when 1st payment is due for next season?

Usually the Sox are all over season ticket holders for money after the season ends.

DumpJerry
10-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Anybody know when 1st payment is due for next season?

Usually the Sox are all over season ticket holders for money after the season ends.
They have not posted invoices yet online. What's the rush? Like the 2007 invoices, there won't be a first payment due to those of us who purchased postseason tickets because of the big credit unless you upgrade your plan.

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 03:25 PM
They have not posted invoices yet online. What's the rush? Like the 2007 invoices, there won't be a first payment due to those of us who purchased postseason tickets because of the big credit unless you upgrade your plan.

Not necessarily.

soxfan21
10-26-2008, 03:47 PM
My rep, Natalie, told me that first payment should be due somewhere around the end of November ish, but she said that there is no definate date set in stone yet.

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you.

DumpJerry
10-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Not necessarily.
Why? The first half is due with the first payment. My credit from the unplayed postseason games is over 50% of the total invoice, so while there may be an invoice, it will have nothing due unless I want to pay in full at the time.

This is how the 2007 invoices worked.

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Why? The first half is due with the first payment. My credit from the unplayed postseason games is over 50% of the total invoice, so while there may be an invoice, it will have nothing due unless I want to pay in full at the time.

This is how the 2007 invoices worked.

Let's see...

The balance of unplayed postseason games, for me, is $790. For 2008, the price of my plan was $956 per seat.I assume ticket prices will go up for 2009 meaning I will have a couple hundred dollars to pay for my first payment which is usually 50% of the total package. Since I have two tickets in my plan, it is the cost of one seat.

So, for me at least, and I assume with other people, they may have a small payment to make for the first payment.

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Unless your ticket package goes up a whopping $312.00 per seat (32% increase), you won't have to pay the first invoice. It's more than covered by your credit of $790.00.

If the first payment is 50% of the total cost of the package, it is the cost of one seat. One seat does not cost $790, for me. It is over $900.

I will have to pay some amount of money for my first payment. Not much, but some.

DumpJerry
10-26-2008, 04:46 PM
If the first payment is 50% of the total cost of the package, it is the cost of one seat. One seat does not cost $790, for me. It is over $900.

I will have to pay some amount of money for my first payment. Not much, but some.
Are you sure the $790 is your credit for both seats? My credit for both of my seats is $2,730. My 2008 regular season invoice was $5,488. If there is a 3% increase, then my first payment would be $2,826.

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Are you sure the $790 is your credit for both seats? My credit for both of my seats is $2,730. My 2008 regular season invoice was $5,488. If there is a 3% increase, then my first payment would be $2,826.

Yes.

55 x 2 = $110

115 x 2 = $230

225 x 2 = $450

Total = $790

DumpJerry
10-26-2008, 05:21 PM

I deleted the post of mine you quoted when I realized my math was off. I guess I wasn't quick enough.

I guess getting all 11 post season games pays off when your team plays only two of them. I anticipate a $100 Deduction for the play-in game against the Twins.

SOXfnNlansing
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but I emailed my rep (Matt Washburn) about adding seats for next year. I got an email from the sales mgr and he said I would be getting a new rep contacting me soon. Is Matt gone? Did anyone on here have a bad experience with him? Has anyone ever gotten an email like I did about receiving a new rep? Just asking.

DumpJerry
10-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but I emailed my rep (Matt Washburn) about adding seats for next year. I got an email from the sales mgr and he said I would be getting a new rep contacting me soon. Is Matt gone? Did anyone on here have a bad experience with him? Has anyone ever gotten an email like I did about receiving a new rep? Just asking.
Every year they hire interns for one year terms. Matt might have been an intern-was he your rep for more than one year? Also, reps get kicked up the food chain to higher responsibilities.

chisoxfanatic
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Let's see...

The balance of unplayed postseason games, for me, is $790. For 2008, the price of my plan was $956 per seat.I assume ticket prices will go up for 2009 meaning I will have a couple hundred dollars to pay for my first payment which is usually 50% of the total package. Since I have two tickets in my plan, it is the cost of one seat.

So, for me at least, and I assume with other people, they may have a small payment to make for the first payment.
I would think we'll be seeing our plans go up to four figures a seat for the first time ever, considering Daley wants to increase the entertainment tax, and they made the postseason this year as well. I just hope it doesn't go up TOO much!

It sucks that the "handling" fees won't at least be partially credited to our account. It isn't like they used an expensive method to send the postseason tickets. I think that's a bunch of crap, honestly.

skobabe8
10-26-2008, 10:52 PM

My rep is gone. Any former Eklin clients out there?

chisoxmike
10-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I would think we'll be seeing our plans go up to four figures a seat for the first time ever, considering Daley wants to increase the entertainment tax, and they made the postseason this year as well. I just hope it doesn't go up TOO much!

It sucks that the "handling" fees won't at least be partially credited to our account. It isn't like they used an expensive method to send the postseason tickets. I think that's a bunch of crap, honestly.

Yeah, I fully expect to be shelling out $2,000+ for 2009.http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/255/worriedhb2az8.gif

MCHSoxFan
10-27-2008, 06:59 AM
My rep is gone. Any former Eklin clients out there?

Yes. In mid-2006 I got him because my old rep went to the Jim Beam Club. What is funny is that I met him in the Scout Seats at ALDS game 4. I believe he is gonna work for the Bulls because he said see you at the UC for the Bulls games and he does not know I go to them.

Bruizer
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I deleted the post of mine you quoted when I realized my math was off. I guess I wasn't quick enough.

I guess getting all 11 post season games pays off when your team plays only two of them. I anticipate a $100 Deduction for the play-in game against the Twins.

Did you full season ticket holders get the play-in game with your post-season tickets? My 27-game plan playoff tickets didn't include the play-in game :(:

Bru

DumpJerry
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Did you full season ticket holders get the play-in game with your post-season tickets? My 27-game plan playoff tickets didn't include the play-in game :(:

Bru
We got the tickets on our sheet, but unlike 2006, we were not billed for it. They said we would be billed if the game was played.

Even if the Sox went to the World Series and played all five games of the ALDS, all seven of the ALCS and all seven World Series, we would not have been billed because we paid for three ALDS when there could only be two home games against the Rays. My ALDS games were $55.00 each, the play-in was $50.00