PDA

View Full Version : Is this REALLY necessary?

chisoxmike
10-17-2008, 03:54 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081017&content_id=3628240&vkey=ps2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I wanted Boston to lose, but now I REALLY want them to lose.

I like the line "...you can see for yourself - again-that what happened Thursday night really did happen.":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hi im skot
10-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Boston is toast.

Karma.

turners56
10-17-2008, 04:22 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081017&content_id=3628240&vkey=ps2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I wanted Boston to lose, but now I REALLY want them to lose.

I like the line "...you can see for yourself - again-that what happened Thursday night really did happen.":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My God. It happened just yesterday and they're already streaming it? The Red Sox haven't won **** yet! I thought MLB.com was supposed to be more fair than ESPN...I guess not.

hellview
10-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I do believe something has to be said for the best comback in playoff baseball since the 20's.

It's a stream on MLB.com, it's not like it's replaying on TBS today. MLB needs something to play before Saturday's game.

My goodness people...calm down.

turners56
10-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I do believe something has to be said for the best comback in playoff baseball since the 20's.

It's a stream on MLB.com, it's not like it's replaying on TBS today. MLB needs something to play before Saturday's game.

The Yankees got one full day of their greatest games before the last game at Yankee stadium. That's understandable considering how many great games were played there. However, this was ONE GAME. The Red Sox haven't won anything yet. If this was in the middle of the winter after the Red Sox somehow miraculously went on to win the World Series again, then I can understand. It's not even the biggest comeback ever. I didn't remember MLB.com streaming the White Sox 4 straight complete games back in 05 (maybe that was because not many people had broadband and streaming wasn't as popular). But anyhow, it just seems extremely biased.

champagne030
10-17-2008, 04:38 PM

ESPN has devoted a special OTL today to "tComeback". Something has been said. Over and over and over and over.....

hellview
10-17-2008, 04:39 PM
The Yankees got one full day of their greatest games before the last game at Yankee stadium. That's understandable considering how many great games were played there. However, this was ONE GAME. The Red Sox haven't won anything yet. If this was in the middle of the winter after the Red Sox somehow miraculously went on to win the World Series again, then I can understand. It's not even the biggest comeback ever. I didn't remember MLB.com streaming the White Sox 4 straight complete games back in 05 (maybe that was because not many people had broadband and streaming wasn't as popular). But anyhow, it just seems extremely biased.

The Yankees thing was on ESPN all day, this is on MLB.com on a Friday night where I don't see many people making a bowl of popcorn and watching the game on their laptop. There's no bias, it's one damn on a dumb website on a Friday night.

It's a god damn stream on MLB.com, what the hell is the outrage here.

hellview
10-17-2008, 04:41 PM
ESPN has devoted a special OTL today to "tComeback". Something has been said. Over and over and over and over.....

I didn't know OTL was 60 Minutes. OTl, a dumb ESPN show that needs some topic to talk about everyday. Well what's the biggest sports story right now...I believe it's the game on last night. Well I guess there's todays show.

You guys must be living some pretty charmed lives where a stream on MLB drives you this crazy.

chisoxmike
10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
It's a god damn stream on MLB.com, what the hell is the outrage here.

I'm not outraged by it. I just think it's pretty ****ing stupid. If it were any other team that had "the comeback" nobody would be blowing their load over it.

turners56
10-17-2008, 05:03 PM
I didn't know OTL was 60 Minutes. OTl, a dumb ESPN show that needs some topic to talk about everyday. Well what's the biggest sports story right now...I believe it's the game on last night. Well I guess there's todays show.

You guys must be living some pretty charmed lives where a stream on MLB drives you this crazy.

Did I come off as outraged? Well, I'm really not. I'm just tired of the Red Sox loving from everywhere.

RadioheadRocks
10-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Look at it this way, unless the Red Sawx manage to win BOTH of the next two games, the folks who are counting unhatched chickens because of the "miracle comeback" are gonna end up looking pretty ****ing stupid.

hellview
10-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Look at it this way, unless the Red Sawx manage to win BOTH of the next two games, the folks who are counting unhatched chickens because of the "miracle comeback" are gonna end up looking pretty ****ing stupid.

Why would they looks stupid?

For one game it was a hell of a comeback. To comeback from 7 runs with 7 outs left against a top notch bullpen to save off being eliminated is impressive. I don't believe they need to win the World Series or even make it there to make what they did against the Rays any less impressive.

Did I come off as outraged? Well, I'm really not. I'm just tired of the Red Sox loving from everywhere.

Ahhhhh...

cbrownson13
10-18-2008, 12:11 PM
It was a comeback from 7 runs down with 9 outs to go against a pitching staff and bullpen that has been dominant.

It's not like they're holding a parade or it's being thrown in your face...it's just being advertised so that people can watch a great comeback.

I dislike everything Boston as much as the next guy, but what's wrong with this? Why is it a big deal? And how does it effect you in any way?

I'm betting plenty of people will go on and watch it, which makes it worth it to MLB.com to stream.

champagne030
10-18-2008, 01:15 PM

For one game it was a hell of a comeback. To comeback from 7 runs with 7 outs left against a top notch bullpen to save off being eliminated is impressive. I don't believe they need to win the World Series or even make it there to make what they did against the Rays any less impressive.

Didn't some team score 8 consecutive runs, 5 outs from elimination, on the road, against a certain team from Chicago in the 2003 NLCS? I don't remember the overload of "greatness" being heaped on the Marlins after that game. Nor do I remember the "dynasty" that is the Angels being anointed the second coming of Jesus after being down 5-0 in the bottom of the 7th and facing elimination in the World Series against the Giants. It's been way overblown and not just by some "stream" on MLB.

tstrike2000
10-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Don't worry, the MLB love will end when the Rays win game 6 and we can stop hearing about any New York or Boston baseball until next year.

voodoochile
10-18-2008, 01:44 PM

Ahhhhh...

Instant Classic is a term that comes to mind...

Brian26
10-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Didn't some team score 8 consecutive runs, 5 outs from elimination, on the road, against a certain team from Chicago in the 2003 NLCS? I don't remember the overload of "greatness" being heaped on the Marlins after that game.

This is true, but, to be fair, the Cubs were only winning 3-0 at that point. There's a big difference between a seven-run lead and a three-run lead that late in the game.

ChiSoxFan81
10-18-2008, 07:44 PM
God I hope the Red Cubs lose today. I try to avoid ESPN, but the little I've heard is all about "Can the Red Sox finish the comeback" etc. No mention at all of if the Rays can finish the series and clinch the pennant.

RadioheadRocks
10-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Instant Classic is a term that comes to mind...

That's exactly where I was going with it Voodoo... thanks!