PDA

View Full Version : Should The White Sox Be In On The Peavy Discussions?

Thome25
10-17-2008, 09:39 AM
It has been reported that the Padres are shopping Jake Peavy and are already exchanging names with other clubs.

I think the White Sox should be in on these discussions. We have one and probably even two holes in our starting rotation if you count Contreras' injury and the Javy hopefully being gone.

You can never have too much starting pitching. What kind of package would we have to give up? Is Peavy suited to pitch at the cell?

Tragg
10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Loading up the wagon to get 1 player has not produced the best results for the Sox. We did that to get the pitcher everyone wants too dump now.
WE'd also likely create holes in the pitching staff.
After all, Diego won 60 games with him.
And for those who don't like Javy because he's not "clutch", Peavy is a strange choice for a replacement.

BadBobbyJenks
10-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Option C - We dont have the assets to get one of the best pitchers in baseball.

JermaineDye05
10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Sadly we don't have what it takes to get Peavy. We may, but I don't think it's worth it. Plus other teams can offer better than what the Sox can.

However, I'm almost positive Kenny will be inquiring about Jake. Hell Kenny even asked about getting Santana last year when he was on the market, even though it was all but guaranteed that he wouldn't get traded within the division.

ChiSoxFan81
10-17-2008, 01:47 PM
If they were, it would be a short discussion.

Boondock Saint
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
We do have the assets necessary to acquire him, but it'd be far too expensive to acquire him.

Danks, Floyd, Quentin and Alexei would all be mentioned in the packages requested for Peavy.

turners56
10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
If we want Peavy, we're going to have to give up full-time players on our team right now. We just can't afford to do that.

Frater Perdurabo
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
He's a great pitcher who also benefits from pitching in the NL West and at sea level in a pitcher-friendly park for half of his starts.

In addition, the Sox would have to give up too much to get him.

Perhaps the Padres would trade Peavy for Paulie, Fields and Poreda. :tongue:

hellview
10-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Lets see...

He would never waive his NTC to come here.

The Sox don't have the prospects to get that trade done.

I don't see the front office wanting to take on the length of Peavy's contract.

Demps2
10-17-2008, 08:05 PM
they won't get Peavy. It just said on ESPNEWS that the Sox are not one of the teams he will waive his no-trade clause for.

EMachine10
10-17-2008, 11:00 PM
We'd have to give up way too much and we don't have enough in our system to reload after we lose what we would lose.

FedEx227
10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
We'd have to give up way too much and we don't have enough in our system to reload after we lose what we would lose.

We don't have anything left in our system.

They'd want our young everyday players (Quentin, Ramirez, Floyd, Danks).

OmarLittle
10-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Peavy doesn't want to go to the AL.

Craig Grebeck
10-18-2008, 09:20 AM
There's already a Peavy thread. Why did you start this?

EMachine10
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
We don't have anything left in our system.

They'd want our young everyday players (Quentin, Ramirez, Floyd, Danks).
Yes, what I meant was when we get rid of those players (Q, Ramirez, Floyd, Danks, etc...) we don't have the farm system to replace the everyday players.

tick53
10-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Peavy doesn't want to go to the AL.

That IS the rumor.