PDA

View Full Version : Thomas is back for sure!

MattSharp
05-18-2002, 09:11 PM
I know it has been said a bunch lately but a two HR night makes it appear that Frank is finally back for real. Good to see, and this spells trouble for all opposing pitchers....

raul12
05-18-2002, 10:15 PM
definitely nice to see! i don't know for sure, but i think he's raised his average 25-30 points in the last few days....he's hitting doubles and hr's now with consistency!

anyways, sucks to see durham still in his slump, but kenny got on 3 out of 4 times, so maybe he'll start picking it up too. all this on a cold f'n day in the midwest.

i just have to say that paulie is a machine. safely hitting in 32 out of his last 33 games (i could be off by one game). damn.

HawkDJ
05-18-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I know it has been said a bunch lately but a two HR night makes it appear that Frank is finally back for real. Good to see, and this spells trouble for all opposing pitchers....

Of course nobody would dare give JM credit for moving Frank to 5th. Naw...rather complain about why a pitcher is in rather than another.

RedPinStripes
05-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Of course nobody would dare give JM credit for moving Frank to 5th. Naw...rather complain about why a pitcher is in rather than another.

He's still an overmanager. I've been wanting Thomas to move to the 4th or 5th spot for 3 years. now he finally does it.

You can praise Manuel all you want. I still think he's an idiot!

Garrison
05-18-2002, 11:25 PM
I liked moving Frank to 5th all along. I give Manuel all the credit for that. Usually i get nervous when he messes with the batting order but he got it right this time. Frank had way too much pressure batting #3 and couldn't get going. Now with the RBI machine Konerko batting clean-up and Maggs, our best hitter, at the #3 spot, Frank can flourish in the five spot. He's doing awesome as of late and I hope it's the real deal. Two dingers is certainly a good place to start. That's for sure. The offense showed up tonight.

Kilroy
05-18-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

He's still an overmanager. I've been wanting Thomas to move to the 4th or 5th spot for 3 years. now he finally does it.

You can praise Manuel all you want. I still think he's an idiot!

You wanted Thomas moved to the 4th or 5th spot in 2000 when he hit .328 w/ 143 rbi, 43 hr, and Manuel's an idiot?

kevingrt
05-19-2002, 12:02 AM
He'll never be traded, he'll hit 30 HR and bat .300. What more? He'll be awesome! The best ever and still one of the best Sox Players!

chisoxfanatic
05-19-2002, 02:14 AM
I was at tonight's game, and saw something that really caught my attention...It seems like he's got The Look from the mid-90s back again from how he looked at the plate! And we all know that he posted steller HOF #s then. Hopefully this weekend will springboard him into another MVP-like year...Would it not be cool if we had 3 Sox going for the MVP IN THE SAME SEASON (Lofton, Maggs, Hurt).

Heather the Redbird

RedPinStripes
05-19-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

You wanted Thomas moved to the 4th or 5th spot in 2000 when he hit .328 w/ 143 rbi, 43 hr, and Manuel's an idiot?

I wanted him there in 99. I can't say iwould have rather had him there in 2000 with those #'s. Do you have a Problem with Thomas in the 5th spot with Maggs and Konerko in front of him and soon Borchard?

I'm an idiot huh?

GASHWOUND
05-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
I was at tonight's game, and saw something that really caught my attention...It seems like he's got The Look from the mid-90s back again from how he looked at the plate! And we all know that he posted steller HOF #s then. Hopefully this weekend will springboard him into another MVP-like year...Would it not be cool if we had 3 Sox going for the MVP IN THE SAME SEASON (Lofton, Maggs, Hurt).

Heather the Redbird

The thing we should all be looking at about Frank is that he's hitting for power the opposite field, like yesterday. And with that 2nd HR he hit that inside pitch by Ortiz which gave him problems the whole year out a here. Good Frank seems to be coming around.

RedPinStripes
05-19-2002, 10:22 AM
Wonder why Bc2k hasn't replied on this thread?

voodoochile
05-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

The thing we should all be looking at about Frank is that he's hitting for power the opposite field, like yesterday. And with that 2nd HR he hit that inside pitch by Ortiz which gave him problems the whole year out a here. Good Frank seems to be coming around.

Exactly...

The stances he has had in the past have favored covering one side of the plate - this one is more straight up. When he proved adept at hitting the inside pitch early in the year, the pitchers went back to what they had been doing to frustrate him - working away, away, away. That lead to Frank seeing a steady diet of outer-half pitches. Frank started working on going with the pitch like he does when he is on a roll and that lead to a couple of weeks of pop-ups, but he kept working on it and he started to hit the ball better, found his groove and started driving the ball to the right side. So pitchers are going to try the inner half again...

Personally, I think the pitchers are fuked...

Welcome back, Frank. Now, let's kick some Angel ass...

If Frank heats up, this race is over...

FanOf14
05-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Chisoxfanatic said: Would it not be cool if we had 3 Sox going for the MVP IN THE SAME SEASON (Lofton, Maggs, Hurt).

If Maggs is included at this point in time, Konerko should be too. That makes 4 on the team!! :D:

bc2k
05-19-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Wonder why Bc2k hasn't replied on this thread?

Yeah, Thomas is back. I was at the game and he looked damn good live. It's about time though. Now he needs to take his share of the load and start carrying this team for a while. Like voodoochile said, if Thomas is like Thomas of 2000, this race is over.

I don't want to nitpick, but Thomas still needs to get some late inning hits and rbis, especially when we're losing.