PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do Sox pitchers not last long?

MattSharp
05-18-2002, 08:09 PM
I have been out of the loop for days, Its good to see all the power from the Sox tonight, but I see Glover only went 5 innings. I was wondering if there was a stat page that should team stats but seperated starters and relievers. I would be interested to see how many IP the Sox relievers have compared to other teams...

raul12
05-18-2002, 09:17 PM
6 pitchers in a 10-4 route? *** jerry. i know glover is getting his endurance up, but sheesh....

Unregistered
05-18-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by raul12
6 pitchers in a 10-4 route? *** jerry. i know glover is getting his endurance up, but sheesh....
to be fair, it wasnt really a "rout" until the bottom of the 7th, and glover left with a one-run lead. but still i agree, jerry is losing his mind with all of his stupid matchups. debuting wunsch in the middle of a 4-3 game, a game that we really needed to win, wasnt a very good move, IMO. that could have really backfired...

raul12
05-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered

to be fair, it wasnt really a "rout" until the bottom of the 7th, and glover left with a one-run lead. but still i agree, jerry is losing his mind with all of his stupid matchups. debuting wunsch in the middle of a 4-3 game, a game that we really needed to win, wasnt a very good move, IMO. that could have really backfired...

very true, but the idiot is consistently over-managing with pitching and under managing with substitutions. he finally made the correct move and put the choice in after we had a lead for defense. best move he's made all year.

:jerry

"of course it was a good move. I made it didn't I?"

:thechoice

"I'm the best sub-200 average shortstop in the game. Of course I deserve to play."

Soxheads
05-18-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by raul12

very true, but the idiot is consistently over-managing with pitching and under managing with substitutions. he finally made the correct move and put the choice in after we had a lead for defense. best move he's made all year.

:jerry

"of course it was a good move. I made it didn't I?"

:thechoice

"I'm the best sub-200 average shortstop in the game. Of course I deserve to play."

His best move was not to start the Choice. I'd like to see more of that! :D:

Garrison
05-18-2002, 10:37 PM
He is finally making good substitutions. But man oh man five relievers! That's insane. I mean Glover I can understand going only 5 IP. He's getting his endurace back up there and they probably have him on a pitch count. Debuting Wunsch was stupid. Wait until we are up a few runs in a less important situation. Then Biddle was doing all right until Marte, of course, lets his inherited runners score. He didn't even get an out. Marte on to face ONE BATTER in the 7th! I mean this isn't game seven of the WS. What's with all this match-up crap? Let guys work through it. Damn Jerry, sheesh! Then Osuna cleans up and gets through the 8th. So he brings on Howry who gave up a two-run dinger last night? And JM wonders why our bullpen is overworked? Don't manage so much!

bc2k
05-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Even though I was at that game and had to sit through all the pitching changes, I didn't mind Manuel's decisions. He was probably thinking that Buehrle and Ritchie tend to go long and not need much relief help, so why not use every arm possible to get the win that night.

The only decision I didn't care for was using Osuna when he had just pitched two innings the previous night. But Manuel went with his best setup guy in a close game and I don't blame him for that. I say do what you have to do to get the win today, and worry about the rest tomorrow.