PDA

View Full Version : Willy Aybar

NLaloosh
10-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Wouldn't he make a pretty solid thirdbaseman for the Sox. He's only 25 but he's been around a long time.

He's a switch hitter and his power could still increase. He's played 2b and SS. He walks a lot but doesn't have much speed - still better than most of the Sox.

Tampa Bay doesn't need him. The Sox could probably get him at a reasonable cost and give him a chance to start.

Any thoughts?

CashMan
10-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Wouldn't he make a pretty solid thirdbaseman for the Sox. He's only 25 but he's been around a long time.

He's a switch hitter and his power could still increase. He's played 2b and SS. He walks a lot but doesn't have much speed - still better than most of the Sox.

Tampa Bay doesn't need him. The Sox could probably get him at a reasonable cost and give him a chance to start.

Any thoughts?

Why would they trade him?

palehozenychicty
10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Why would they trade him?

They have a man-child at third base named Evan Longoria.

CashMan
10-15-2008, 08:51 AM
They have a man-child at third base named Evan Longoria.

They are probably going to win the WS, so I pose the question again. Why would they trade him? He is cheap young and pretty good.

Craig Grebeck
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
He's not a good everyday player but is a solid utility guy. If we treat him like an everyday player they'll have no problem working us over in a trade.

getonbckthr
10-15-2008, 09:38 AM
He might be Tampa's DH or 1B next year. Why would they deal him?

CashMan
10-15-2008, 09:58 AM

The same reasons the Angels will give us Figgins for Konerko!

kittle42
10-15-2008, 10:50 AM

How you know a trade idea is ridiculous: even getonbckthr questions it.

getonbckthr
10-15-2008, 11:02 AM
The same reasons the Angels will give us Figgins for Konerko!
The Angels dealing Figgins would be because they have a LF, CF, RF, 3B, SS, 2B already. Not to mention he would be in a contract year and rumor has it Anaheim wants to move him.

hellview
10-15-2008, 11:05 AM

Cause the Ray are totally gonna get rid of Carlos Pena. As for DH I'm sure they'll get a real RF in the offseason and go with some type of platoon at DH of Gross and Rocco.

getonbckthr
10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Cause the Ray are totally gonna get rid of Carlos Pena. As for DH I'm sure they'll get a real RF in the offseason and go with some type of platoon at DH of Gross and Rocco.
When did I say they were? Pena can play 1B or DH. TB has been platooning Baldelli and Floyd. Aybar would replace them not Pena.

hellview
10-15-2008, 11:19 AM
When did I say they were? Pena can play 1B or DH. TB has been platooning Baldelli and Floyd. Aybar would replace them not Pena.

Aybar is a utility fielder...he's not a DH or even everyday player barring an injury.