PDA

View Full Version : Travis Hafner has shoulder surgery

DumpJerry
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8652090/Indians%27-Hafner-to-have-shoulder-surgery

Here's to a speedy recovery so you can kill the Twins (and rest up on the days you play us).:gulp:

turners56
10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I think a lot of people suspect that he was indeed on roids until 2007...

He's been unproductive for the last two years. It can't be just the shoulder.

DumpJerry
10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I think a lot of people suspect that he was indeed on roids until 2007...

He's been unproductive for the last two years. It can't be just the shoulder.
Why not? It is a crucial body part for what he does best in the sport. It also breaks down easily.

turners56
10-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Why not? It is a crucial body part for what he does best in the sport. It also breaks down easily.

Shouldn't have he noticed earlier? I mean, you don't just go two years without noticing that your shoulder hurts.

Besides, Crede's back injury was just as severe, if not worse. Yet, he played well for half a season this year. Hafner was worse than Andy Gonzalez this year, not to mention he doesn't even play defense.

DumpJerry
10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Shouldn't have he noticed earlier? I mean, you don't just go two years without noticing that your shoulder hurts.

Besides, Crede's back injury was just as severe, if not worse. Yet, he played well for half a season this year. Hafner was worse than Andy Gonzalez this year, not to mention he doesn't even play defense.
He did notice earlier. He missed most of 2008 because of it. Surgery on the shoulder is not an easy decision to make. It is a very complex joint and it is very easy to come out of it in worse shape than going in. I have a bad shoulder and the doc told me he could go in a clean it up via Artho, but they really, really recommend trying physical therapy, etc before cutting.

I opted for PT.