PDA

View Full Version : Which Sox Pitcher?

Sox4ever77
10-13-2008, 01:09 AM
is most willing to protect the Sox hitters, by throwing at the other team?

This of course comes after the Dodgers' pitcher finally protect their hitters.

Not sure who currently on the staff, is most willing.

But I remember Richard Dotson being in the middle of many beanball wars.

michned
10-13-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't know if you could pick one over the others, but Buehrle definitely wouldn't think twice about it. Remember, in '05, he threw at an Oriole batter knowing he would get tossed, thereby breaking his string of consecutive quality starts.

JermaineDye05
10-13-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't know if you could pick one over the others, but Buehrle definitely wouldn't think twice about it. Remember, in '05, he threw at an Oriole batter knowing he would get tossed, thereby breaking his string of consecutive quality starts.

I don't think he knew he would get tossed. There hadn't even been warnings to the benches.

I agree Buehrle would be up there.

I wouldn't think Danks or Floyd would, just for the simple reason that they're young and I don't think protecting their teammates is one of their priorities. Of the two though Floyd appears to have more of the demeanor to do that for some reason that's how I see it.

I think we've seen Javy protect our hitters before.

To answer your question it would have to be Buehrle who's the most willing. That doesn't mean the others wouldn't though.

GoGoCrede
10-13-2008, 01:31 AM
I still remember in the summer Carrasco attempting to hit one of the Royals (Olivo?) and failing, then said Royal charges the mound, AJ restraining him. I think that was the game we lost miserably. I vividly remember the Royals wearing their powder blue uniforms. I think that was the weekend we fell out of first place. Not fun.

Edit: Carrasco later said he didn't mean to do it on purpose, for what it's worth.

btrain929
10-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Danks and Dotel (even though he never knows where his pitches are going).

skottyj242
10-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Sean Tracy.

Frontman
10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Sadly you'd never see Thorton or Jenks in a situation to do it. A pitcher who can fire a 95 mph pitch would mess the shorts of many'a batter, wouldn't he?

:D:

EMachine10
10-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking Danks or Buehrle out of the rotation and Dotel out of the pen.

Tragg
10-13-2008, 05:57 PM

If I recall, Ozzie designated a young pitcher to do Javy's retaliation work for him; when the player balked he was basically dismissed for "bad attitude".

Frontman
10-13-2008, 07:15 PM

Javy hears Ozzie give the order to "hit him" and Javy understands it as "give up a hit. A big one. One that could land as far out as the concourse."

DrCrawdad
10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Sean Tracy.

Oh, you beat me to the punch!

Rohan
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Brian Anderson

guillen4life13
10-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Brian Anderson

:lol:

I actually think BA would be the first to enter the fray if a fight breaks out. Remember when Barrett punched AJ? Anderson immediately took out John Mabry. He punched the closest person dressed in blue. It was hilarious!

GreenWoman3212
10-13-2008, 08:57 PM

I actually think BA would be the first to enter the fray if a fight breaks out. Remember when Barrett punched AJ? Anderson immediately took out John Mabry. He punched the closest person dressed in blue. It was hilarious!

I remember that. It reminds me of the way my kid brother is the first to jump out and defend all of us older siblings.

tacosalbarojas
10-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't think he knew he would get tossed. There hadn't even been warnings to the benches.

Brian Gorman...what are you doin'!!!???!!

Frontman
10-14-2008, 09:08 AM

It was his best hit all year!

ChiSoxFan81
10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Sean Tracy.

:rolling:

ajismyhero
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM

Pods was right there too. Scrappy, pretty boy Pods.

areilly
10-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Sadly you'd never see Thorton or Jenks in a situation to do it.

Seriously. Dispatching either of those two to hit a guy would be grounds for charges of attempted murder.