PDA

View Full Version : Trade for a Starting Pitcher?

TheBigHurt
05-18-2002, 10:15 AM
:hurt

GASHWOUND
05-18-2002, 11:06 AM
It's almost a lock the Sox will trade for one more starting pitcher before the trade deadline. KW may be alot of things, but even a moron can see we won't go far in the playoff, hell...we may not even win our division(which is unlikely)) without one more veteran starting pitcher. So I think if we do get one ore pitcher we can do some damage in the post-season...if there's baseball

voodoochile
05-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Lack of definitive choices...

I think the Sox will trade for a starter and make it past the first playoff round. Don't know if that qualifies for "going far", but it is the closest choice I have...

Max Power
05-18-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
It's almost a lock the Sox will trade for one more starting pitcher before the trade deadline. KW may be alot of things, but even a moron can see we won't go far in the playoff, hell...we may not even win our division(which is unlikely)) without one more veteran starting pitcher. So I think if we do get one ore pitcher we can do some damage in the post-season...if there's baseball

I totally agree. KW has shown that he's not scared to make some trades and I have no doubt that when the market heats up in July that he will make a deal. I do have doubt has to whether it will be a good deal or not, but I'll be optimistic for now.