PDA

View Full Version : A Sox's fan's Revenge- Classic

Law11
10-08-2008, 11:48 AM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/2008/10/a-sox-fan-reven.html

Need to buy this guy a beer.

pythons007
10-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Awesome!

jkrohn
10-08-2008, 12:05 PM
That is some serious prank commitment. Gotta admire the effort.

nccwsfan
10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
That's very funny! Gotta love the rivalry...

esbrechtel
10-08-2008, 12:11 PM
That is some serious prank commitment. Gotta admire the effort.

my thoughts exactly....glad he waited until now to do it and not after the sweep at US Cellular field...

rdwj
10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Classic - that guy is my hero

hi im skot
10-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I love the reader comment about Sox fans being terrorists. Brilliant.

Thome25
10-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't know who was dumber the Cubs couple or the asshat, jagbag, ******* Cubs bloggers who responded to the article.

Lip Man 1
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Absolute brilliance!

Lip

FedEx227
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I think both parties are pretty stupid in this.

PaleHoser
10-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Absolute genius :rolling:

CashMan
10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I think both parties are pretty stupid in this.

Ohhh, simmer down. It is all in good fun.

ChiSoxFan81
10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Hilarious. This isn't one-upmanship, it's ten-upmanship. Guess that Cubby fan will think twice next time.

esbrechtel
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM
My favorite comment in the comments section is the cub fan that says something like,

"Sox fans are stupid the L flag is supposed to be blue with a white backround."

That just shows how much Cub fans know about the W and L tradition...

FielderJones
10-08-2008, 02:23 PM
"The Wrigley Field marquee with a nasty saying."

Could that be from the banner above? If so, :thumbsup::worship:

Uncle_Patrick
10-08-2008, 02:34 PM
As expected, some Cubs fans are shedding some serious tears in the comments section.

Railsplitter
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Still, I think the third commentator on the blog has very good point.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Cub fan got owned after starting the fracas. He admits to being owned; Cub fans posting in comments cry foul.

Which team was convinced "THIS" was their year?
Count the goats, realize you got owned, and shut up.

whitesox901
10-08-2008, 03:05 PM
:gulp:

Soxfanspcu11
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Ohhh, simmer down. It is all in good fun.

My thoughts exactly, people make Me go :scratch: sometimes.

bigsoxfan420
10-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Someone on the boards last week was looking for the "L" flag. Could this prankster be one of ours?

SteveFakeBlood
10-08-2008, 06:35 PM
I will give credit to about half the Cubs fan comment posters who laughed and shrugged and admitted it was funny. Good to know some people can take a joke.

I like the "Cubs fans just don't care about the Sox" comments- to which I say "O RLY"? I'm not sure if they're illiterate or what, considering half the Cubs fan comments on that blog were disparaging and insanely idiotic insults directed at Sox fans. I'm not saying there's some cruel **** that gets said on our side, but at least most of us don't deny that our fans talk trash to Cubs fans, I can't stand the "Cubs fans are saints" myth. ****ing Eddie Haskell bastards.

~Steve

rookie
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
That was pretty funny. That guy was pretty patient. I don't think the Cubs fan can be too mad, that's a huge house. Him and his neighbor are doing pretty well.

turners56
10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Now that was good. How in the world did he get into the garage though...?:scratch:

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Now that was good. How in the world did he get into the garage though...?:scratch:
I don't think he had to actually go IN the garage. The derisive signs were most likely placed on the outside of the garage.

turners56
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't think he had to actually go IN the garage. The derisive signs were most likely placed on the outside of the garage.

Ah. That would make sense.

itsnotrequired
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
That was pretty funny. That guy was pretty patient. I don't think the Cubs fan can be too mad, that's a huge house. Him and his neighbor are doing pretty well.

i hope he enjoys his termite-filled death trap. you can see the dry rot from here.

guillensdisciple
10-08-2008, 10:07 PM
I love the reader comment about Sox fans being terrorists. Brilliant.\

What an *******!

And what brilliant scheme, I wish I could have done that to my cousins, but they live so far away and are band wagons fans. So I actually found pity on them.

DrCrawdad
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
I will give credit to about half the Cubs fan comment posters who laughed and shrugged and admitted it was funny. Good to know some people can take a joke.

I like the "Cubs fans just don't care about the Sox" comments- to which I say "O RLY"? I'm not sure if they're illiterate or what, considering half the Cubs fan comments on that blog were disparaging and insanely idiotic insults directed at Sox fans. I'm not saying there's some cruel **** that gets said on our side, but at least most of us don't deny that our fans talk trash to Cubs fans, I can't stand the "Cubs fans are saints" myth. ****ing Eddie Haskell bastards.

~Steve

A few weeks ago I got an email from a friend who has a Cubbie blog. He said that Cubbie fans are "fixated on the Cubs." He had no answer when I asked why then there were over 15,000 posts about the Sox on his Cubbie blog. There were even a few people on his blog who said that they, "Don't give a damn about the Sox!" The funny thing is that each one who said that had hundreds of posts about the Sox on that blog.

In general I think Sox fans are much more candid and honest. I don't think Sox fans would let it pass such hypocrisy as witnessed on that Cubbie blog w/o comment.

Also, Cubbie fans tolerate, accept and at the very least tacitly encourage hateful smears on Sox fans. When that Sox fan got his eyeball kicked out this year by Cubbie fans, remember it was preceded by taunts about Sox fans missing teeth. I'll tell you those smears are very common from the mouths and keyboards of Cubbie fans.

soxfanreggie
10-08-2008, 11:40 PM
That was great!

SteveFakeBlood
10-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Also, Cubbie fans tolerate, accept and at the very least tacitly encourage hateful smears on Sox fans. When that Sox fan got his eyeball kicked out this year by Cubbie fans, remember it was preceded by taunts about Sox fans missing teeth. I'll tell you those smears are very common from the mouths and keyboards of Cubbie fans.

I agree and they call us "white trash" and "scumbags" and compare us all to William Ligue (I might've spelled that ****head's name wrong, whatever). And most of them will deny that the racial slurs and death threats directed at Jacque Jones, Corey Patterson, Dusty Baker, Kosuke Fukudome, etc ever happened. Still, that brawl was an isolated incident just as Ligue was an isolated incident. And as long as we're on the subject, sometimes I think our side takes things too far too; I'd rather be called "toothless white trash" than hear the torrent of homophobic **** that some Sox fans spew out at Cub fans. It's a shame, really and it embarrasses me and everyone else who's not anti-gay that of all the possible insults we could throw at Cubs fans (and there are a lot) people choose to go there. Gay or straight doesn't matter, they're just ****ty fans. Both sides need to clean up, but I believe and I hope that there are more people in the Sox fanbase who realize that than the delusional Kool-aid drinking Eddie Haskells in Wrigleyville.

I hope the mods don't take issue with that statement, it wasn't meant as a political comment- just one against prejudice.

~Steve

DrCrawdad
10-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree and they call us "white trash" and "scumbags" and compare us all to William Ligue (I might've spelled that ****head's name wrong, whatever). And most of them will deny that the racial slurs and death threats directed at Jacque Jones, Corey Patterson, Dusty Baker, Kosuke Fukudome, etc ever happened. Still, that brawl was an isolated incident just as Ligue was an isolated incident. And as long as we're on the subject, sometimes I think our side takes things too far too; I'd rather be called "toothless white trash" than hear the torrent of homophobic **** that some Sox fans spew out at Cub fans. It's a shame, really and it embarrasses me and everyone else who's not anti-gay that of all the possible insults we could throw at Cubs fans (and there are a lot) people choose to go there. Gay or straight doesn't matter, they're just ****ty fans. Both sides need to clean up, but I believe and I hope that there are more people in the Sox fanbase who realize that than the delusional Kool-aid drinking Eddie Haskells in Wrigleyville.

I hope the mods don't take issue with that statement, it wasn't meant as a political comment- just one against prejudice.

~Steve

Here's the thing, IF you post those types of homophobic comments about Cubbie fans here you will be banned. At the freewheeling, unmoderated White Sox newsgroup if you make those types of comments you'll be knocked down by Sox fans. On the other hand, the white trash (etc.) smears on Sox fans are laughed at and rarely, if ever, condemned by Cubbie fans and certainly no one gets banned.

Sox fans have little tolerance for that verbal intolerance. Such is not the case with Cubbie fans. But yet they are better than us...

SteveFakeBlood
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Here's the thing, IF you post those types of homophobic comments about Cubbie fans here you will be banned. At the freewheeling, unmoderated White Sox newsgroup if you make those types of comments you'll be knocked down by Sox fans. On the other hand, the white trash (etc.) smears on Sox fans are laughed at and rarely, if ever, condemned by Cubbie fans and certainly no one gets banned.

Sox fans have little tolerance for that verbal intolerance. Such is not the case with Cubbie fans. But yet they are better than us...

Fair enough. Although, I think that's partly because this board is well-moderated and tends to attract more intelligent and open-minded people than your average internet forum. I was just bringing up a counterpoint.

~Steve

kittle42
10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Fair enough. Although, I think that's partly because this board is well-moderated and tends to attract more intelligent and open-minded people than your average internet forum. I was just bringing up a counterpoint.

~Steve

You're right. Go to an unmoderated forum or, worse, in the outfield stands at a Sox/Cubs game and man, will you hear the homophobic and racist crap flying.

I actually almost got into a fight - one of the only times I have ever come close - with a fellow Sox fan in RF at the Cell for his ever-so-clever "nickname" for Magglio Ordonez once he was a Tiger. What a ****ing imbecile.

Iwritecode
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I actually almost got into a fight - one of the only times I have ever come close - with a fellow Sox fan in RF at the Cell for his ever-so-clever "nickname" for Magglio Ordonez once he was a Tiger. What a ****ing imbecile.

How do you take that much offense with somebody you don't even know calling somebody else you don't know a name?

kittle42
10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
How do you take that much offense with somebody you don't even know calling somebody else you don't know a name?

Because calling someone "Fagglio" repeatedly at the top of your lungs and acting like it's the most witty thing ever is ****ing stupid and, worse, makes your fellow Sox fans look stupid. Just my opinion.

SaltyPretzel
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Because calling someone "Fagglio" repeatedly at the top of your lungs and acting like it's the most witty thing ever is ****ing stupid and, worse, makes your fellow Sox fans look stupid. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

DrCrawdad
10-09-2008, 07:32 PM

The first people I heard say, "Fagglio" were Cubbie fans. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=569242&postcount=18)

And as far as homophobic taunts, I was at Mark Prior's first game at The Shrine sitting in the LF bleachers. Cubbie clowns in the bleachers were taunting the Pirates left fielder (Brian Giles?) with an endless torrent of hateful, homophobic taunts.

DrCrawdad
10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
You're right. Go to an unmoderated forum or, worse, in the outfield stands at a Sox/Cubs game and man, will you hear the homophobic and racist crap flying.

Not in my experience. In the wholly un-moderated White Sox newsgroup the only crap like that you'll find is from Cubbie trolls.

And go to just about any Cubbie discussion site or blog and you'll find bigoted remarks by Cubbie fans about the Sox and Sox fans. They don't usually use the N-word but everything short of that is fine in most Cubbie fan eyes.

http://www.soxandthecity.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=552&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1208695559
These racist shirts are sold outside The Shrine, but I've been told by Cubbie fans that they are not racist.

kittle42
10-10-2008, 10:59 AM
The first people I heard say, "Fagglio" were Cubbie fans. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=569242&postcount=18)

And as far as homophobic taunts, I was at Mark Prior's first game at The Shrine sitting in the LF bleachers. Cubbie clowns in the bleachers were taunting the Pirates left fielder (Brian Giles?) with an endless torrent of hateful, homophobic taunts.

Not in my experience. In the wholly un-moderated White Sox newsgroup the only crap like that you'll find is from Cubbie trolls.

And go to just about any Cubbie discussion site or blog and you'll find bigoted remarks by Cubbie fans about the Sox and Sox fans. They don't usually use the N-word but everything short of that is fine in most Cubbie fan eyes.

http://www.soxandthecity.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=552&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1208695559
These racist shirts are sold outside The Shrine, but I've been told by Cubbie fans that they are not racist.

This is all fine and good, and I agree, but don't pretend like Sox fans (or, for that matter, maybe fans of any team) are any better. You're really turning a blind eye (or ear) to it if you do.

DrCrawdad
10-10-2008, 06:24 PM
This is all fine and good, and I agree, but don't pretend like Sox fans (or, for that matter, maybe fans of any team) are any better. You're really turning a blind eye (or ear) to it if you do.

Sox fans are better, in general, IMHO. And here's why, those types of taunts are not tolerated by Sox fans - in person and on discussion boards. On the other hand, Cubbie fans make the racist, bigoted comments in person and on discussion boards very frequently and rarely if ever does it get condemned by Cubbie fans. In fact very often it's just the opposite, it's cheered on. So in my experience, Sox fans are better because of the reaction when those comments are made.

Your experience might be different, but that's mine.

Pear-Zin-Ski
10-13-2008, 01:57 PM
"Changed their mailbox adress to read 1908"

hahahaha!

cub killer
10-14-2008, 01:37 AM

It's not a shrine, it's a dump that smells like a urinal. The most overrated venue in all of sports. Ivy on the wall? Big f'n deal. Any 1 of us can make our backyards look nicer than that.

F the cubs and F wrigley field.

kittle42
10-14-2008, 01:40 AM
It's not a shrine, it's a dump that smells like a urinal. The most overrated venue in all of sports. Ivy on the wall? Big f'n deal. Any 1 of us can make our backyards look nicer than that.

It's obviously Lovely and Historic, and any remarks to the contrary are un-American.

DrCrawdad
10-14-2008, 08:45 AM

I use the term, "The Shrine," in a sarcastic manner. A few years ago the Sox pre and post game host, Dave Wills, used that term in sarcastic tone.