PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show rips Cubs fans

JohnnyInnsbrook
10-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Did any one catch The Daily Show tonight? John Oliver classified the undecided voters in the upcoming election into separate categories... one of the categories was stupid voters... he broke the stupid voter category down into sub categories... the last subset of stupid voters were Cubs Fans... John Oliver and John Stewart then discussed why cubs fans were so stupid....after 100 years they haven't realized what they want will never happen...The Cubs will never win a world series... It made my day :D:

The clip should be on the Daily Show Web Site tomorrow if any one wants to see it.

gr8mexico
10-08-2008, 12:44 AM
I was laughing so loud my wife and I woke up my daughter. This was the first time my wife had watched the show and now she loves it.

ihatethecubs
10-08-2008, 01:13 AM
oh my god i just laughed at this for 5 minutes and woke everyone up at my house. that was glorious.

WhiteSox5187
10-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Stewart is a big Mets fans and Mets fans and Cubs fans don't get along so well, so that's probably part of it, but i also think that Colbert is a Sox fan. At the start of the '06 season he said "Come on my Chicago White Sox! Don't let me down!"

ws05champs
10-08-2008, 01:23 AM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I just about fell over laughing. It will be rebroadcast at 1:00 tomorrow afternoon and also at 7:00 in the evening.

cws05champ
10-08-2008, 08:33 AM
It's on the website front page: http://www.comedycentral.com/

pythons007
10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I thought it was hilarious!

kittle42
10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Well done, Daily Show!

haganaga
10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Anyone catch the Daily Show last night? They basically said the remaining undecided voters are made up of "stupid people" then showed a pie chart breaking down the stupid people which included things like nitwits, morons, etc The final group were Cubs fans. ha! :tongue:

rdwj
10-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Linky (http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=187570&title=the-stupid-vote)

twsoxfan5
10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
They also made fun of the Cubs on the Colbert Report last night. They had a baseball statistician on who was also using stats to predict the election and Colbert asked him at the start how he did with his baseball predictions. The guy said "Well I had the Cubs not winning the World Series this year." To which Colbert screams out, "Where did you get the balls predicting that the Cubs wouldn't win the World Series." It is on the site now just follow the link below and it is the fourth clip along the top with Nate Silver.

http://www.colbertnation.com/home

thomas35forever
10-08-2008, 11:22 AM
David Letterman has also taken a couple of shots at the Cubs on a few of his recent shows.

DumpJerry
10-08-2008, 11:23 AM
:roflmao:
My question is: are Tiger Petters the same people who thought the Detroit Tigers would go all the way this year when they got Cabrera and Willis?

I want Mags back
10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Stewart is a big Mets fans and Mets fans and Cubs fans don't get along so well, so that's probably part of it, but i also think that Colbert is a Sox fan. At the start of the '06 season he said "Come on my Chicago White Sox! Don't let me down!"

I think we made the decision here a while back that Colbert was making a joke, poking fun at bandwagoners or something.

Palehose Pete
10-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Good Lord, that was funny. I laughed so much that I had tears in my eyes.

WhiteSox5187
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I think we made the decision here a while back that Colbert was making a joke, poking fun at bandwagoners or something.
We? Do you mean WSI?

slavko
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM

My NY nephew is a Mets fan who loves the Cubbies and can't believe I don't. Colbert? He's such a kidder that you can't tell if he's serious or not. I'm getting to like him a tiny little bit. I might have misunderstood his sarcasm at first.

Iwritecode
10-08-2008, 04:15 PM
David Letterman has also taken a couple of shots at the Cubs on a few of his recent shows.

I heard Jay Leno say something about how he didn't realize it was October until he saw the Cubs choking.

WizardsofOzzie
10-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I busted out laughing when I saw that last night, despite the evil glare the Cubs fan girlfriend was giving me. I just couldn't help it.

rookie
10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I was just watching the show on my DVR and was pleasantly suprised at the last pie wedge of "stupid." Immediately had to come to WSI to see if someone had started a thread.

Is it possible that the rest of the country will stop seeing the Cubs fans as lovable and just as losers?

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I was just watching the show on my DVR and was pleasantly suprised at the last pie wedge of "stupid." Immediately had to come to WSI to see if someone had started a thread.

Is it possible that the rest of the country will stop seeing the Cubs fans as lovable and just as losers?
There is a possibility. They can't think of anything else now that they have finally passed the century mark of futility. I'm sure they'll continue to market the Lovable Loser tag until they can't get away with it any more.

I'm depressed, though! I mean, there are almost three-year-old Sox fans who have never seen their team win the World Series! :tongue:

turners56
10-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I just know that a bunch of Cubs fans will boycott the Daily Show now.

kittle42
10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I just know that a bunch of Cubs fans will boycott the Daily Show now.

That ought to have, oh, zero effect on anything. But it would be amusing.

I want Mags back
10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
We? Do you mean WSI?

:rolleyes:

no ****

GoSox2K3
10-09-2008, 08:58 AM
[A few self-righteous WSI posters=]
I think it's time for the Daily Show to show some class toward Cubs fans. John Oliver and Jon Stewart are obviously flubsessed in the worst way [/quote]

kittle42
10-09-2008, 10:54 AM
[A few self-righteous WSI posters=]
I think it's time for the Daily Show to show some class toward Cubs fans. John Oliver and Jon Stewart are obviously flubsessed in the worst way [/quote]

I'm sure I'm being targeted as one of these. But if you can't see the difference between the national jokes being lobbed at the Lovable Losers right now and the daily Cubsession here, you need to look harder.

NLaloosh
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I busted out laughing when I saw that last night, despite the evil glare the Cubs fan girlfriend was giving me. I just couldn't help it.

You have a "cubs fan girlfriend" ? Why,does she have two *******?

Nellie_Fox
10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
You have a "cubs fan girlfriend" ? Why,does she have two *******?Uncalled for and unnecessary. Knock it off. Getting personal can get you a vacation.

hi im skot
10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Uncalled for and unnecessary. Knock it off. Getting personal can get you a vacation.

I'm still trying to figure out what the censored word is.

eriqjaffe
10-09-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the censored word is."Durhams"?

Lorenzo Barcelo
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the censored word is.

Wait, I got it! "Dolores!"

thomas35forever
10-09-2008, 09:41 PM
The Cubs bashing continues. On SNL's Thursday special, Bill Murray was on the debate sketch asking Obama (played by Fred Armisen) and McCain (Darrell Hammond) how to insure that the Cubs would never lose again. Both Obama and McCain said the Cubs are hopeless and will continue to lose year after year.

Sockinchisox
10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
The Cubs bashing continues. On SNL's Thursday special, Bill Murray was on the debate sketch asking Obama (played by Fred Armisen) and McCain (Darrell Hammond) how to insure that the Cubs would never lose again. Both Obama and McCain said the Cubs are hopeless and will continue to lose year after year.

The look on Bill Murray's face after Obama said it will never happen was priceless.

Gavin
10-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I like the commentary on the camerawork...

LongLiveFisk
10-09-2008, 09:51 PM

The whole debate was hilarious....I wish I had been recording this!

Law11
10-10-2008, 08:31 AM
The look on Bill Murray's face after Obama said it will never happen was priceless.

That was the best part. Thats look of dismay.. Cub fan or not that guy cracks me up every time.

I lost it during when the captions underneath said Cubs are Hopeless.
That and McCain wandering around had me going.:D:

PatK
10-10-2008, 11:49 AM
It was funny, but kind of catering to the whole "loveable losers" thing.

They should have had Fred Armisen say something about changing to be White Sox fans, since Obama is one.

VeeckAsInWreck
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM

It's always hard to tell when Colbert is serious. But you can judge for yourself. Here's the clip.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/181795/april-03-2006/gestures