PDA

View Full Version : If Teixeria Walks DO You Think The Angels Take Paulie In a Deal For Figgins?

Thome25
10-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Just like the title says. If the Angels lose their 1B do you think they'd take Paulie in a package for Figgins and something else?

I sure hope so!! I'm rooting for big Tex to sign with the Yankees or Orioles so it opens up a trade for the White Sox and Angels. Then again, if the Yankees don't get Teixeira they could have use for PK in a package for Cano.

What do you think? THANKS for posting!!

Flight #24
10-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Just like the title says. If the Angels lose their 1B do you think they'd take Paulie in a package for Figgins and something else?

I sure hope so!! I'm rooting for big Tex to sign with the Yankees or Orioles so it opens up a trade for the White Sox and Angels. Then again, if the Yankees don't get Teixeira they could have use for PK in a package for Cano.

I think they may well do that. Esp if they sign Crede as rumored. I'd rather send them Thome but that's not likely to be feasible.

soxfan43
10-07-2008, 11:45 AM

No. The angels have a firstbasemen at AAA, Kendry Morales is his name I believe. Another Cuban import. I could see paulie going to the yanks before the angels, but I dont know if he'd waive his no trade to goto NY.

btrain929
10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
No. The angels have a firstbasemen at AAA, Kendry Morales is his name I believe. Another Cuban import. I could see paulie going to the yanks before the angels, but I dont know if he'd waive his no trade to goto NY.

Kendry Morales has been around and highly touted for a long time now and still hasn't proven himself. No way they depend on him for a full season as a starter and give him 600 AB's.

soxfan43
10-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Kendry Morales has been around and highly touted for a long time now and still hasn't proven himself. No way they depend on him for a full season as a starter and give him 600 AB's.

The angels are a smart org, I'd bet they give him a chance coming out of the gate to prove himself, rather than lock themselves in with an aging, expensive Konerko. maybe they'd add someone midseason, but everyone thikning a Konerko for figgins type deal is a simple deal, are crazy. the angels aren't stupid.

btrain929
10-07-2008, 12:00 PM
The angels are a smart org, I'd bet they give him a chance coming out of the gate to prove himself, rather than lock themselves in with an aging, expensive Konerko. maybe they'd add someone midseason, but everyone thikning a Konerko for figgins type deal is a simple deal, are crazy. the angels aren't stupid.

It won't be a simple deal. And the Angels aren't stupid. That's why Kendry Morales won't be their starting 1B in '09.

soxfan43
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
It won't be a simple deal. And the Angels aren't stupid. That's why Kendry Morales won't be their starting 1B in '09.

he ripped up AAA pitching in 2008, he certainly would deserve a chance. Especially if they re-sign K-Rod and make a succesful run at CC. They aren't adding a declining expensive firstbasemen if they sign those 2 guys when they have a decent, cheap option at 1b.

SoxSpeed22
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
If we do trade one of our power bats to LAA, I would also like to see them get a prospect with Figgins in return. Hank Conger would sound nice, considering how weak the Sox are at catcher in the farm system.

Domeshot17
10-07-2008, 12:13 PM
The Angels are a smart team who tend to lose in FA and win in Trades. They either vastly overpay like Hunter or Matthews or they lose like Ramirez. I also think they are smart enough (and Kenny is too) to see what really happened to PK. He is getting older, but he is far from expensive when you look at salaries. He had an AWFUL first half which was mostly various injuries, and he had a good 2nd half and post season. He will never be back to the 40 homer monster he was in his prime, but he posted an OPS over 900 in the 2nd half and really without him we don't win the division.

I think the Angels would do it, I don't know if Kenny would. 2 years ago it would have cost the Angels a package of Figgins and Shields in a trade. Last year PK had a very down year and Figgins had a career one. This year Figgins was also very average, hitting in the 270s with an OPS under 700.

soxfan43
10-07-2008, 12:14 PM
The Angels are a smart team who tend to lose in FA and win in Trades. They either vastly overpay like Hunter or Matthews or they lose like Ramirez. I also think they are smart enough (and Kenny is too) to see what really happened to PK. He is getting older, but he is far from expensive when you look at salaries. He had an AWFUL first half which was mostly various injuries, and he had a good 2nd half and post season. He will never be back to the 40 homer monster he was in his prime, but he posted an OPS over 900 in the 2nd half and really without him we don't win the division.

I think the Angels would do it, I don't know if Kenny would. 2 years ago it would have cost the Angels a package of Figgins and Shields in a trade. Last year PK had a very down year and Figgins had a career one. This year Figgins was also very average, hitting in the 270s with an OPS under 700.

Another thing that worries is his injuries this year. Same with hudson. I'd hate to get both those guys and have them get hurt yet again. I'm fine taking a risk on one spot with a guy like that, but with not much depth, its a risk,

jabrch
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I bet they'd do it in a heartbeat.

I hope Kenny isn't that silly. Paul hit very well in August and pretty well in September.

I'd love to see Konerko come back healthy and have a great year next year.

Sockinchisox
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
With them cutting Garret Anderson, I would think a Dye for Figgins + someone, deal is more likely.

It gives them their power bat/protection and allows us to move Swisher or Quentin to RF, and also allows us to acquire a CF or give Anderson a chance.

soxfan43
10-07-2008, 12:27 PM
With them cutting Garret Anderson, I would think a Dye for Figgins + someone, deal is more likely.

It gives them their power bat/protection and allows us to move Swisher or Quentin to RF, and also allows us to acquire a CF or give Anderson a chance.

I like that idea, and it's feasible I guess. Vlad to DH, JD to right, Matthews to LF and Hunter in CF?

Sockinchisox
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I like that idea, and it's feasible I guess. Vlad to DH, JD to right, Matthews to LF and Hunter in CF?

Ya, they've pretty much moved Vlad to full time DH with his knee problems, so they would probably have Dye in right and Rivera or Matthews in LF.

munchman33
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I bet they'd do it in a heartbeat.

I hope Kenny isn't that silly. Paul hit very well in August and pretty well in September.

I'd love to see Konerko come back healthy and have a great year next year.

Agreed. Now Figgins and a guy like Morales...maybe a young pitching prospect too? If Paulie's game, I'd bite.

That said, I don't think Konerko wants to go anywhere. He has borderline god status here, and for good reason.

Law11
10-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Just tossing it out there, I dont pretend to know who else is out there but is Figgins worth all the hype we seem to be giving him? Yes hes solid but is there anything else worth looking at..

esbrechtel
10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Just tossing it out there, I dont pretend to know who else is out there but is Figgins worth all the hype we seem to be giving him? Yes hes solid but is there anything else worth looking at..

I think the figgins love is because it fulfills two needs at once....3b and leadoff

I am not sold on him as a 3b or CF to me any guy in the majors who is moved from position to position on a nightly basis is a liability on the field...And when you have a pitching staff that has a few contact pitchers having poor defense will hurt you...