PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Kenny and his post game interview!

LoveYourSuit
10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
To paraphrase when answering George Ofman:

"Anytime you don't acheive the ultimate goal which is to win a championship, it is considered failure... that's my competitive way."

That's the attitude I want to hear from my GM.

Kudos!

HangWiffum
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM

"Anytime you don't acheive the ultimate goal which is to win a championship, it is considered failure... that's my competitive way."

Kudos!

pfffft kenny is such a dark cloud. we were not expect to finish higher than third.

Dub25
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM

Kudos!

I agree except for the comments about speed and contact hitters are in house according to him. Who Kenny? BA? Swish? Owens? He needs to make contact to get on and use his speed. Uribe? Needs contact and speed. Maybe he meant the Rays? They were in the house at the time of the interview.

LoveYourSuit
10-06-2008, 09:52 PM
I agree except for the comments about speed and contact hitters are in house according to him. Who Kenny? BA? Swish? Owens? He needs to make contact to get on and use his speed. Uribe? Needs contact and speed. Maybe he meant the Rays? They were in the house at the time of the interview.

I think that is more being tounge and cheek so that he doesn't offend anyone on such a dark day to say, "hey ****ers, I'm bringing in 5 new bodies this offseason from the outside, beware of your jobs."

btrain929
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM

LOL I hope he's ****ing around. If they were in house, wouldn't they have been playing for us?

Lip Man 1
10-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Dub:

Kenny is not going to be tipping any hands in the heat of an emotional moment.

He's already been quoted as saying changes in the offensive philosophy need to take place, he knows what Ozzie has been publicly saying the past few years...he'll do anything he can to make moves. No guarantees that he brings in Figgins, Hudson, Cano or their ilk, but I'm confident that he'll try.

Lip

CWSpalehoseCWS
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I think that is more being tounge and cheek so that he doesn't offend anyone on such a dark day to say, "hey ****ers, I'm bringing in 5 new bodies this offseason from the outside, beware of your jobs."

That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to move a few guys this offseason.

Tragg
10-06-2008, 11:19 PM
What's a "contact" hitter?
Someone who makes contact? Someone who moves those runners over when he makes his outs, Ozzie-style?
Or someone who actually gets on base?
We had a team full of contact hitters under the former definition in 2007

Frontman
10-06-2008, 11:55 PM

Kudos!

That's the attitude that he and the organization must carry. For me, I'm there to enjoy the ride. If it ends with the championship; great. But I will never consider being a Sox fan and enjoying a solid team playing well but coming up short a failure.

There's the difference between me and those talking headed idiots on the Sox flagship station (namely between the 2-6 weekday hours.) I refuse to consider this season a failure in the same way I consider last season.

We had baseball in October. We saw one victory. We had one stretch of baseball to keep alive and make the playoffs last week. Those are awesome memories that I'll remember from this season.

Kenny though, is right. The organization and the players have to consider it a failure.

The fanbase can consider it whatever they want it to be.

Steelrod
10-07-2008, 08:37 AM
pfffft kenny is such a dark cloud. we were not expect to finish higher than third.
Apparently that opinion was not shared by Kenny.