PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite memory of 2008?

thomas35forever
10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Now that our season has come to an end, I want to know what your favorite memory of this year's White Sox team is.

For me, it's Swisher's walkoff home run against Detroit on a day when I had been in the leftfield bleachers at Wrigley earlier and endured the idiots taunting Carlos Lee and praising Soriano, especially after he hit the game-winning homer in the seventh. What a sweet moment of relief for me.

Metalthrasher442
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Everyone TCQ came up to bat =]

JB98
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Sunday. Attending a playoff game and seeing the Sox win.

getonbckthr
10-06-2008, 08:00 PM
1) Back to back to back to back homers.
2) Konerko walk off in the 15th against KC. (I was tired)
3) Crede slam against Minnesota.
Ironically I was in the stands for all of them.

sox1970
10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Hmm...let me think....yeah, I'll go with last Tuesday.

Pear-Zin-Ski
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Hearing Carlos scream "****" after every pop-up he hit...too funny!

Soxman219
10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
TCQ's home run vs. the Rangers. It felt so good to see that loser CJ Wilson get rocked.

Alexi's grand slam against the Tigers last Monday.

Athrun
10-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Last Tuesday

And on a less positive note I managed to make it to every game that involved rain. Postponment, delay, ect

Pods4455
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
TCQ's home run vs. the Rangers. It felt so good to see that loser CJ Wilson get rocked.

Alexi's grand slam against the Tigers last Monday.

I second the TCQ homer- I hate no one in the majors more than I hate CJ Wilson. I would take EVERY member of the cubs team over CJ Wilson any day.... I'd rather spend 3 weeks locked in a room with ****udome than i would spend 10 minutes in a room alone with CJ Wilson
..rant over.

And back to back to back to back. for suuuuuuuuure. Also seeing Dewayne Wise hit that homer in game 2 of the cubs/sox series @ wrigley. I dont know why that stands out in my mind but i LOVE seeing a rookie lay into a team like that...:cool:

ChiSoxFan81
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
It's hard to pick just one. I'd have to go with:

1. Being at the tiebreaker/clinch game/1st ever blackout
2. Being in the stands for 4 consecutive HRs
3. Watching TCQ, TCM, and our young starters develop

Sockinchisox

Seconded.

HangWiffum
May 6th. My first ever game sitting in the scout seats. I got my first ever ball from a game and Gavin Floyd pitched a 1 hitter!

Hendu
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Ending the Twinkies' season and seeing the team celebrate a division title in front of 40,000 people wearing black.

So yeah last Tuesday.

BleacherBandit
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
1.Carlos's walkoff against the Angels (only because it hit the guy sitting three seats over from me.

2. Konerko's Walkoff against the Royals in the 15th.

3. Alexei's Grand Slam last monday.

4. Yesterday, when they won a playoff game with me in attendance.

5. AJ's 'runner interference' call against the Rays, with me in attendance.

rookie
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM

Hell yeah, and I am biased because I was there. As for game that I wasn't at, how about the night before with Alexei's slam. As for a game not so recent, sweeping the Twins in 4 games was very nice.

turners56
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
1. Anderson's catch to win the tie-breaker.
2. Swisher's walk-off against Detroit.
3. Quentin's walk-off against the Angels.
4. Alexei's grand slam at home against Detroit in game 162.
5. Dye's 2-run homer to end the Tigers' season.
6. Floyd's 8.1 inning no-hit performance.
7. Thome's walk-off against the Angels at home.
8. Konerko's walk-off against Kansas City.
9. Quentin's 3-run homer off of C.J. Wilson to cap a huge comeback.
10. Crede's slam against the Twins.

I guess those were my top 10.

veeter
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM
When Swisher hit that extra inning walk-off homerun against Detroit. I told myself, I'll never doubt this team again.

Pear-Zin-Ski
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM
How bout Thorton striking out three lethal Cubs hitters at the Cell back to back to back?

whitem0nkey
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
the 1st black out games was cool, it was the first time since 05 that I had that kind of a feeling watching a game.

Hitmen77
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
1. Sox beating Twins in tiebreaker
2. Thome's 15th inning blast vs. Angels
3. Sox score 4 runs in the 14th(?) to come back to beat Detroit on Swisher's walk off
4. Alexei Ramirez and Carlos Quentin
5. Sox comeback vs. Rays on Aug. 24
6. Sox comeback vs. Texas on July 23.

Uncle_Patrick
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Alexei's 4th grand slam of the year. I just love that picture of him with his arms spread after hitting the ball.

TDog
10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
My favorite memory from a game I attended was Nick Swisher's pinch-hit, bases-loaded double in San Francisco. No, it was probably watching my girlfriend, who never paid any attention to baseball before this year, getting excited and screaming as we watched a line drive by Carlos Quentin soar into the outfield seats in Oakland (in the only Oakland game the Sox ended up losing).

My favorite moment on live television -- most of what I saw from the Sox I saw after the fact -- was the Alexei Ramirez grand slam, not the one I saw in person in a blowout, but the fourth one that put the Sox ahead against the Tigers last week. It sent shivers up my spine. Next would be the entire playoff game against the Twins. A single moment would probably be the last out of the game.

For games I followed and was able to see later it would be the Quentin blast to beat the Rangers or the Dye home run to beat the Tigers in Detroit. The Swisher game-ender in extra innings was big, too.

This was a season full of great memories for me.

ChicagoRushFan
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Tuesday was great, no doubt.

But I'll throw in July 2nd. Sox blow the lead in the ninth but A.J.'s homer in the rain wins it in extras. Niiiice.

That was also CC's last start with Cleveland. They just let him pitch and pitch and pitch. I was thinking he will have nothing left for whoever trades for him..... yeah, not so much.

asindc
10-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Tuesday's game, without a doubt.

SoxSpeed22
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Beating Minnesota last Tuesday.
TCQs go-ahead 3-run home run against Texas.
Alexei's grand slam against Detroit.
Paul Konerko's grand slam against Detroit in April, combined with Gavin's flirt with a no-hitter.

SoxFan1979
10-06-2008, 08:40 PM
The one game playoff vs twinks was the best moment imo. The sweep at home vs the Cubs #2 (redemption)

I really did enjoy this year. We have great young pitching and great young hitting as well to look forward to in the 09. No shame for the Pale Hose this season. We got as far as we could with the lineup we had and that's ok with me. :smile:

gogosox83
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Attended 7 games but by far the "blackout" game vs the Twinkies to bring home the Central Division title was the best. Also, had a couple of nice weather day game outings with my family. The Cell is a great place for kids and having the Fundamental's area makes it even a better baseball experience for the kids. Already looking forward to opening day 09. GO SOX!

whitesoxwilkes
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Last Tuesday night.
Crede's granny.
The Sunday Twins game back in June, it was my son's first of many.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2562967198_414f94c29a_m.jpg

roylestillman
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Great video after tonight's game at the cell covered most of these moment (the Thank You video.) I can't get the song out of my head, by I can't remember the name of it. Anybody?

LongLiveFisk
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
1) Back to back to back to back homers.

I was at that game! That was awesome and my favorite memory of '08. :cool:

hawkjt
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Swish's extra inning bomb to win vs Detroit
Carlos bomb vs Angels to win
Gavin's near no-no

Special mention:

Alexei's granny vs Detroit one week ago...seems like a month
The tiebreak game...lifelong memory there.
Yesterdays playoff win vs the Rays...I get emotional thinking about it as it was so special for me as an outing with my son. He leaves to back to Iraq on Saturday. It is a precious thing, these bonding moments with your children..especially when they are going back to war.

Thanks for a wonderful season,Sox.

SoxandtheCityTee
10-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Alexei's granny vs Detroit one week ago...seems like a month
The tiebreak game...lifelong memory there.
. . .

What he said.

The tiebreaker is up there, way up there, WS-Game 2-territory up there.

Thank you White Sox for one hell of a final week of baseball.

guillen4life13
10-06-2008, 09:01 PM
3. Watching TCQ, TCM, and our young starters develop

That's my pick. I only got to see one game in person due to location issues, but I really enjoyed watching Ramirez and Quentin come through with nice bats (and for Ramirez, nice fielding), and I was really surprised at how well Danks and Floyd did this year. I'm really proud of them. I'm proud of the team for the most part.

They did much better than the expectations and given the injuries and unexpected slumps, I think we can look forward to a very exciting '09. I do believe the Sox are in a position now to really go for it all next season. I have to trust KW will do us proud.

munchman33
10-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Nick Swisher's benching.

Seriously though, the one game playoff with the Twinkees. I ****ing hate the Twinkees.

AJRoxMyWhiteSox
10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
In no particular order:

Game against the Royals on my birthday (July 20). Sox lost, but it was the most fun I've ever had at a Sox game.
AJ's walk-off in the rain
AJ's "interference" call
Seeing the first blackout on TV
Watching the 4 consecutive homers
Anderson's catch last Tuesday
Sweeping the Cubs

Wish I could have actually attended more than three games this season. But it was a great season to watch. Thank you, White Sox!

kevingrt
10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Top games/moments I was at in no particular order:

Swish walkoff in 14
PK walkoff in 14
TCQ owning Lackey and walking off
TCQ 3 HR in bot 8 day game forget vs who
Gavin's near no-no
Crede's grand slam on home opener
Alexei granny numero cuatro
Mr. Thome and Danks getting the job done in the play-in game

Crazy season, but overall a success and one hell of a fun season.

Thanks boys.

Frontman
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
The Blackout Game.

Alexei's slam.

Crede's slam in the Home Opener. (First time I ever sat THAT close to a game at USCF.)

Buehrle's performance a week ago Sunday.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-06-2008, 09:08 PM
My birthday! Alexei homering with 2 outs in the 10th down by one! That was amazing, expecialy how they ended up winning walk-off basehit style! :D:

hi im skot
10-06-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm going to stick with moments I was fortunate enough to see in person:

-Brian Anderson's walk-off base hit against Baltimore in April.
-Gavin Floyd's 8 1/3 innings of no-hit ball against the Twins.
-TCQ's two-homer night against the Angels, including a walk-off in the 9th.
-AJ's walk-off homer in the pouring rain against Cleveland.
-Dye's two-out homer off of Todd Jones in Detroit.
-Back-to-back-to-back-to-back vs. KC.
-AJ's "interference" call and Alexei's game-winning single versus Tampa Bay.
-Thome's walk-off rocket-shot against Anaheim late in the season.
-The Sox' final victory at Yankee Stadium.
-Buehrle cinching it up and hunkering down against Cleveland in game 161.
-Winning game three of the ALDS behind Johnny Danks' valiant effort.

-And the single best baseball game I've had the pleasure of attending - game 163 against the Twins. Easily the best crowd I've ever been a part of...just a really special night.

I love this damn team. Thanks so much, guys.

PKalltheway
10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Beating the Twins to win the AL Central last Tuesday
Alexei Ramirez's Grand Slam against Detroit in Game 162
Jim Thome's mammoth walk-off against the Angels (I was fortunate enough to be in attendance for this one:D:)
4 consecutive home runs against Kansas City

WagMan
10-06-2008, 09:26 PM
1. Tuesday night's blackout tiebreaker. greatest. game. ever.

2. Game 3 ALDS. My first, along with my son's first, playoff game. Too bad it was the only postseason winner.

3. Wasn't there to see it, nor did I catch it on TV, but Alexei's grand slam on Monday was amazing. It allowed me to run in from my car to be the first in line at ticketmaster setting me up to buy tickets for memory #1.

4. Father's day. Was supposed to be a kid's day with autographs and such. But, because of a freak rainshower that ended before the gates opened, all festivities were canceled. We were hanging out in the bleachers when Gavin Floyd finished his bullpen session. He hung out and signed autographs for everyone in the area, asked if my kids wanted a picture with him, and then wished me a happy father's day as we were leaving. Class act from our future #1.

hi im skot
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
4. Father's day. Was supposed to be a kid's day with autographs and such. But, because of a freak rainshower that ended before the gates opened, all festivities were canceled. We were hanging out in the bleachers when Gavin Floyd finished his bullpen session. He hung out and signed autographs for everyone in the area, asked if my kids wanted a picture with him, and then wished me a happy father's day as we were leaving. Class act from our future #1.

That's awesome!

He seems like a good guy.

chisoxfanatic
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
The tie-breaker against the Twins. That environment was unreal, and I'm glad I was one of the last ones who was able to get a seat for that one. I'll never forget everything that surrounded that game from Danks' outstanding performance to Thome's HR to BA's catch to seeing our team celebrating on the field.

God, I'll miss White Sox baseball.

BoysMom3
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Being in the crowd on my b-day, July 1st, for a very exciting ending and a Sox win. Alexei's granny against Detroit on Monday. Beating the Twins on Tuesday.Watching TCQ and TCM.

Cuck the Fubs
10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Alexei's slam in game # 162.:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
The Original Blackout- absolutely incredible and the most exciting, electric game I attended all season. I had a feeling throughout that whole day that I hadn't had in three years.
TCQ's walk-off against Lackey and the Angels. I was with a guy who'd never been to a Sox game prior to Memorial Day weekend and he loved it. The first time he ever heard "Let's Go Go White Sox" was that night and seeing & hearing his reaction to that song and the walk-off was a great memory for me.
Opening Day.
The "Champions Plaza" unveiling (the ceremony, not the game, of course) in early April.

tstrike2000
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Division clincher against the garbage bag dome guys.

Jerome
10-06-2008, 10:32 PM
either Alexei's grand slam against the Tigers or the Blackout - the entire game was intense and exciting. And when they fired Greg Walker after the playoffs

Bucky F. Dent
10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Quentin shaving cream in the face after the Sunday night game.:D:

thomas35forever
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
One thing I neglected to talk about. During the delay at Crede's walkoff game against the Yankees (that game is on iTunes BTW), people were dancing on the Diamond Vision. There was a group of students in my section in the 500 level (I think my dad heard they were from Canada) who were dancing like crazy. Thanks to them, I got on the Diamond Vision for the very first time. I later showed off my own dance moves and they cut back to me dancing while Ray Charles' version of "Shake Your Tailfeather" was playing. A great memory for me indeed.

BigP50
10-06-2008, 10:46 PM
1. When we won the division

2. Going to Opening day (Joe Crede's grand slam to make it 7-3)

3. TCQ walk off against the Angels

4. Alexei Ramirez walk off single against the Rays in August (I was there)

Frontman
10-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Alexei's slam in game # 162.:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

My son calling that shot. When Griff was about to be walked, I figured we were dead; as Alexei was in a funk. My son goes,

"Let them walk Junior, Dad. Alexei will hit a slam."

Now, granted. He's 6 and kids love to see home runs, especially slams. They think every guy has a shot at putting the ball in the seats, every time. But when Alexei let loose on and that ball went out?

I'll admit it. I was a bad father for a brief second.

I dropped the "F" bomb with him sitting there laughing and yelling "GO crazy!" like he was a mini-Farmio or something.

Absolutely one of the best moments since 2005. I put that home run up there with Thome's 500 for a feel good moment. And for Big Jim to deliver the run to get the Sox into the post-season are also memories I'll keep for a long long time.

SteveFakeBlood
10-07-2008, 12:12 AM
So many good ones from this season, unlike last season where certain negative images will be seared in my brain forever (maybe karma for seeing Buehrle's no-hitter).

From games I didn't attend:
- Game 163 in general (particularly Thome's moon shot and BA's game-ending catch) and celebrating half the night all basically by myself (a friend obliged me by watching the game and having a few drinks with me but that was really it), because I just didn't care about anything else because I was so happy we were playoff-bound.
- Swisher's walk-off in the 14th against Detroit (I was hanging out at the train station after going out to dinner with a friend and chatting with some Sox fans who left early and were regretting it, intently watching the score ticker on their phones... great bonding moment)
- Alexei's slam against the Tigers (funnily enough I wasn't able to actually see this game but watching it on my computer and seeing the video)
- Buehrle's last two regular season starts- the lines couldn't possibly show how much he battled and how he left everything he had on the field...
- Crede's opening day slam

From games I did attend:
- TCQ's walk-off against the Angels off Lackey. Forgotten in that game is Jose Contrera's incredible peformance 8 IP, 4 H, 2 ER (both on a homer by Gary Matthews Jr.), 0 BB, 10 K's- but bigger than the line, his forkball was unreal, I've never seen him have that good of stuff in person (and I've seen him throw a complete game shutout), he was making the Angels hitters look like complete fools flailing away nowhere near the ball. I ended up at this game alone, but that ending was one where you get swallowed up in the moment and by the crowd and it doesn't matter.
- Floyd taking a no-hitter in the 9th, I guess it would've been too much to ask to see 2 no-hitters in my life (in consecutive years, no less), but I was really hoping Swish could miraculously stretch out and get that Mauer double.
- Going to games with my friend Brendan, one of my best friends and probably the biggest Sox fan I know. We went to a light-hitting pitcher's duel against the A's (the A's won 3-2) and in the middle of the game we decided to make up life stories about all the A's players (mainly because so many of them were no-names)- among the highlights (again FICTIONAL): Donnie Murphy was a spelling bee champ and huge Donnie Wahlberg fan, Justin Duscherer was dating a Spanish supermodel, Kurt Suzuki got lost and ended up at the grocery store our friend works at (but neither has any memory of the encounter) and Daric Barton was a rare book dealer and congressional historian. We did it for every single A's player- the game wasn't too exciting, but we still managed to have a lot of fun. Then again, we've been going to games together for almost 10 years and we always do, sadly geography and other commitments prevent us from going to as many together. But still something I won't forget...

~Steve

chisox616
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
1.) Seeing Alexei's first career grand slam against the Rangers on July 22nd. That whole game was just awesome, 10-2 victory. You can say all you want about close games--I'm all for the blow out. I went to a close 7-6 game at Kauffman on July 9th and I was just nervous the whole time.

That game was also my first and only Sox home game of the year and I loved every moment of it, as they're sadly few and far between. :(:

2.) And Alexei again, seeing his face light up after he hit his 4th grand slam against Detroit. Man, he just KNEW it. That was just a fantastic moment, that guy has my hopes set really high for the future.

swishasweet
10-07-2008, 12:51 AM
1) Tiebreaker vs. twins

2) Sweeps at Wrigley, and then the Cell

3) Swishers 15th inning homer vs. Detroit

4) Both Contreras, and then Quentin goin down for the year

PushinWeight
10-07-2008, 01:05 AM
This is easy.

The tie-breaker against the Twins was the best game of the season. So many good events, feelings, and occurrences happened from this game. Here are some of the reasons.

1. We won the division.
2. Sweet revenge against the Twins after the devistating sweep a week before.
3. One of the biggest one-up wins over the Twins overall (deserves another point), the same team that has been a pain in the neck for the Sox since 2001.
4. Danks, quite possibly the future ace of the rotation, pitched the best game of his major league career.
5. The Sox beat the Twins with the long ball, which (hate it or love it) has been the White Sox brand of baseball all year.
6. Thome's Moster 461 shot to center.
7. Anderson's diving catch to end the game.
8. The birth of the "Black Out".

9in'59
10-07-2008, 07:48 AM
The first time Alexi used his glove hand to flip the baseball. It came out of nowhere.

I just love great defense!

Thanks to the 2008 White Sox - A season with some of the most exciting baseball I have ever seen. :gulp:

oeo
10-07-2008, 07:53 AM
- TCQ's walk-off against the Angels off Lackey. Forgotten in that game is Jose Contrera's incredible peformance 8 IP, 4 H, 2 ER (both on a homer by Gary Matthews Jr.), 0 BB, 10 K's- but bigger than the line, his forkball was unreal, I've never seen him have that good of stuff in person (and I've seen him throw a complete game shutout), he was making the Angels hitters look like complete fools flailing away nowhere near the ball. I ended up at this game alone, but that ending was one where you get swallowed up in the moment and by the crowd and it doesn't matter.

I remember thinking during that game that Jose was back. Then he started to have injury problems. :whiner:

Malgar 12
10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Finally beating the Twins to the finish line.

voodoochile
10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
TCM's grand slam in the makeup game.

hi im skot
10-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I forgot to mention Crede and Konerko each hitting grand slams in a single game against Detroit in April.

mccoydp
10-07-2008, 10:02 AM
The three elimination games, in order: Twins, Tigers, and Indians.

Game 3 of the ALDS.

The TCQ walk-off vs. John Lackey in May; I was there for that one. My throat was raw for the next two days from screaming so much.

The Gavin Floyd near no-hitters against the Twins and Tigers.

Britt Burns
10-07-2008, 10:07 AM
The three elimination games, especially watching Danks and Floyd respond so well to pressure. Also, Alexei's slam was awesome.

LITTLE NELL
10-07-2008, 10:34 AM
The playoff game against the Twins was the best ballgame I've ever seen.

ChiSox89
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
The one game playoff game last week against the Twins was my favorite memory of the 2008 season. I was at the game and it was awesome. The fans were electric, we had the first and best blackout, and it was also great great game. To see the Sox clinch was something special.

Palehose Pete
10-07-2008, 11:54 AM

Ditto. Hands down the most electrifying feeling I've ever experienced as a Sox fan at a game this season.

Honorable mention: Alexei's grand slam last Monday against the Tigers. That was just too cool.

soxinem1
10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Ending the Twinkies' season and seeing the team celebrate a division title in front of 40,000 people wearing black.

So yeah last Tuesday.

That ranks as my favorite, as Soxinem1, Jr. had a chance to see his first clincher with both of us decked out in black.

Having your 13-year-old jump up in Dad's arms after the White Sox clinching tells you you did a great job raising your kid!!

Absolutely priceless!!!!

GoGoCrede
10-07-2008, 04:47 PM
As many have said, the blackout clincher. Some moments I haven't seen mentioned yet about that game:
- Afterward, "Johnny B Goode" was played and we all sang along. Danks tipping his cap to the crowd
- Thome, AJ, Swish, and Danks addressed the crowd
- All the horns honking as we left
- Griffey and AJ throwing out Cuddyer at home got an even bigger reaction than Thome's homer, I thought.

As for other moments of the season

- Swisher's grand slam off Dempster, and the ensuing "Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye"

- AJ's play at Wrigley tagging out Marquis because he'd taken a step toward second

- Swisher's walk-off against Detroit - the guys lifted him up and very nearly dropped him. I could not stop laughing.

- Alexei and co. win it in extras against Cleveland

- Sweep of the Twins in May.

- Back to back to back to back

soxfan21
10-07-2008, 05:04 PM
The Sunday night baseball game when TCQ had the walk-off winner against the Angels, and ALDS game 3, the crowd was so lively and it looked awesome with all the black in the crowd and the white rally towels waving.

roylestillman
10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Nobody mentioned Coop pulling his hammy?

GoGoCrede
10-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Nobody mentioned Coop pulling his hammy?

:rolling: I still watch that from time to time on youtube.

tick53
10-07-2008, 06:10 PM

So yeah last Tuesday.

I second that emotion.:smile:

vvhiteS0x
10-07-2008, 08:37 PM
By far - Tuesday September 30 when we clinched.
I cheered and sobbed like a baby after the last out.:whiner:
It was a total release of nervous energy, a flood of love and a spiritual fullfillment and emotional relief. The park was filled with pride and love. It will be forever in remembered in the souls of those who were there to witness it and be folklore for those who didn't.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/3/thumbs/019.JPG (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2114)

Konerko05
10-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Without a doubt, Tuesday's tie breaker against the Twins.

Everyone who attended the game knows how special that night was. I still get chills thinking about it. Along with the 2005 World Series, that was the proudest I have ever felt of being a White Sox fan.

sullythered
10-08-2008, 03:04 AM
Blackout game, for sure. Best crowd experience of my life.

Shoeless_Jeff
10-08-2008, 03:51 AM
The September 14th double header against the Tigers. Both games were great.

Seeing Marcus Thames hit a grand slam off Dotel made The Cell the most quiet place I've ever been among tens of thousands of people. Then, later in the inning when Wise returned the favor and the whole place went nuts. That was a great experience.

cub killer
10-08-2008, 04:00 AM
The Original Blackout (tie-breaker vs. the Twins)

roylestillman
10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Great video after tonight's game at the cell covered most of these moment (the Thank You video.) I can't get the song out of my head, by I can't remember the name of it. Anybody?

Got an email from the Sox that they want to send this video out to fans in an email and post it on their site after they get clearance for both the video clips and use of the song, which is Colpdplay's Viva La Vida.

areilly
10-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Lots of great moments pointed out in this thread already, but I'll cast another vote for the Quentin walkoff against LAA for two reasons:

1. This guy might be for real.
2. This team might also be for real.

Rockabilly
10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Beating Minnesota to win the AL Central and sweeping the Cubs were my 2 fav moments of the season

Palehose Pete
10-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Got an email from the Sox that they want to send this video out to fans in an email and post it on their site after they get clearance for both the video clips and use of the song, which is Colpdplay's Viva La Vida.

Oh man, that would be sweet. That was a cool video.

esbrechtel
10-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Oh man, that would be sweet. That was a cool video.

They always play a video of this ilk during fan appreciation day/night...I thought it was really classy to play it on monday...

The Milkman
10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
By far - Tuesday September 30 when we clinched.
I cheered and sobbed like a baby after the last out.:whiner:
It was a total release of nervous energy, a flood of love and a spiritual fullfillment and emotional relief. The park was filled with pride and love. It will be forever in remembered in the souls of those who were there to witness it and be folklore for those who didn't.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/3/thumbs/019.JPG (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2114)

Best I've heard it said...what an experience.

Ragator43
10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
There were many great baseball moments that occurred throughout the season, but the greatest was the feeling I got after hearing Gene announce very matter of factly, "There will be White Sox baseball here tomorrow at U.S. Cellular Field." Sunday and Monday.

Don't know what was said over the PA following the game last Tuesday, because it was the loudest I've ever heard in person. That and I was too busy screaming with the 40,000 other die-hards that were lucky enough to be there.

By far, the best three consecutive days of Sox games that I have ever been to and more than likely will ever be able to go to again.

North Sox Sider
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
1. Tiebreaker game against Twins. The electricity in that game was soo awesome it really matched the 2 World Series game, imo. From start to finish it was just one of the most memorable games I have ever been too.

2. Tie
Crede's granny against Twins in opener and
Crede's walk off base hit off of joba Chamberlin to give the Sox the win and Joba his first loss

3. Tie
Watching Dumpster get rocked in game 1 of the Sox Cubs Comiskey game. I dont know if I have ever heard the crowd sing na na na so loud.
TCQ home run off of Marmol in the game 2 of the Sox Cubs Comiskey game. Huge opposite field home run to take the lead. That was really exciting.

Just a great year but I am exhausted.

Vestigio
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Swisher's walkoff against the Tigers, Alexei's GS against the Tigers, TCQ's walkoff against the Angels...

soxpride724
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I know it wasn't one of the defining moments to some of you all but, the gme that I will remember the most was the April Saturday night game against the Orioles, when Brian Anderson drove the winning run in the bottom of the ninth.

I knew after that game this was gonna be a good season.

wxkid23
10-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Quentin's walkoff against the Angels and Swishers walkoff. I was watching both of those.

mattcoz
10-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Definitely the 3 game stretch to end the season and win the division, Tuesday being the highlight. I was able to make it for the Sunday win over Cleveland(just before heading to Soldier Field) and the tie-breaker win over Minnesota. First time I've ever been in attendance for a clinching victory.

I didn't go to many games this year, because of my work schedule and various conflicts, but when I did I made it count.

Game 1: April 26. White Sox 6 - Orioles 5. Brian Anderson's GW single.
Game 2: June 28. White Sox 6 - Cubs 5. Quentin's HR, Crede's diving catch.
Game 3: Sept 28. White Sox 5 - Indians 1. Buehrle's gem, "There will be baseball tomorrow".
Game 4: Sept 30. White Sox 1 - Twins 0. The Blackout, Griffey to AJ, Thome going deep, Johnny B Goode, DIVISION CHAMPS!

Thank you, Sox!

ihatethecubs
10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
4)Quentin Beats the Angels on Sunday night, 2 HRs off Lackey, the 2nd one being a walk off
3)Game against I believe Detroit at home where Alexei hit a homer to tie it with 2 outs on the 10th, then Wise came up, singled, stole second, and OC drove him home.
2)Alexei' slam
1)Black out night (maybe one of my favorite Sox memories ever)

CWSpalehoseCWS
10-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back HR's. Coolest game I've ever been too.

mattcoz
10-08-2008, 08:01 PM
2)Alexei' slam
Which one? :D:

guillensdisciple
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Mine would have to be the three run bomb off of Joel Zumaya by Nick Swisher to win the game after being down twice on two seperate occasions during the game.

I remember coming home and the White Sox had tied it to only see the White Sox relinquish the tie an hour later. It was the ultimate let- down, especially since the Twins were on the Sox at that time. When he hit that bomb I went crazy and couldn't have been any happier.

ode to veeck
10-08-2008, 09:11 PM
back to back to back wins in do or die games to beat out the twinkies for the division title; after twinks beat us out a few teams this decade, was nice to steal one back

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Mine would have to be the three run bomb off of Joel Zumaya by Nick Swisher to win the game after being down twice on two seperate occasions during the game.

I remember coming home and the White Sox had tied it to only see the White Sox relinquish the tie an hour later. It was the ultimate let- down, especially since the Twins were on the Sox at that time. When he hit that bomb I went crazy and couldn't have been any happier.
I was at the Cardinals game that night in St. Louis and was constantly keeping an eye on the out-of-town scoreboard. I was even pumping my fist as I was seeing the Sox clawing their way back into the game on that scoreboard. Fortunately, that game was one of the four the people at Busch Stadium decided to put on their more detailed portion of the scoreboard. The walk back to my hotel from Busch Stadium seemed quite long, because of not knowing what the score was. When I saw it scrolling on the bottom of the screen in my hotel bar, I about hit the ceiling. I'm sure the couple of people who were there thought I was a bit nuts.

Railsplitter
10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Griffey's first Sox homer in a 15-3 laugher. I was there.

btrain929
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I was at these games which were just flat out amazing:

-Swisher's walkoff HR vs DET in late extra innings. I stayed til the end even though my buddies (a Reds fan and a Cubs fan) left already.
-Quentin's walkoff HR vs Angels (Sunday night game I believe).
-Monday win or go home game vs DET on my bday. Lasted thru the 3 HR rain delay to see Alexei hit his record breaking slam to get us to game 163.
-Game 163, 1-0 battle royale.

Good times.

october23sp
10-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Brian Andersons catch to win it. I stared at my TV making sure he reeally did catch it.

turners56
10-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Brian Andersons catch to win it. I stared at my TV making sure he reeally did catch it.

I jumped up so high that I almost dented my ceiling.

BadBobbyJenks
10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
A tie goes to being at both the Blackout and the playoff winner.

As for the regular season,

1) TCQ taking Lackey deep twice, the 2nd being the walk off.
2) TCQ taking Marmol deep to beat the Cubs.
3) Opening day slam from Crede
4) BA beating the Orioles in extras

Lucky enough to be at all of those.

Uribe taking Sherill deep after Bobby blew the lead vs Baltimore in the suspended game was pretty awesome too.