PDA

View Full Version : J. Hood on Garland


Viva Magglio
05-17-2002, 11:59 PM
J. Hood on the Score's "South Side Postgame Show" is saying that Jon Garland does not belong in the rotation. After freezing my ass off watching him issue two bases loaded walks, I agree. But who would fill the spot in the rotation?

RedPinStripes
05-18-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
J. Hood on the Score's "South Side Postgame Show" is saying that Jon Garland does not belong in the rotation. After freezing my ass off watching him issue two bases loaded walks, I agree. But who would fill the spot in the rotation?

Scot Erickson, Weaver, Holiday?

Garrison
05-18-2002, 12:29 AM
Garland was good out of the bullpen last year and maybe he's just not cut out to be a starter. He's a great young talent and there's no doubting he can pitch, but not as an everyday starter. He just hasn't shown that he can do it consistently. When has he strung together more than 2-3 good outings? Not that I can remember. Out of the pen he was really good every time it seemed. I think if they yanked him from the rotation (he is sort of starting by default), then we would have to trade for another starter. With Glover just squeaking by at #5, who else is there unless we called someone up? I wouldn't want to start any of the other bullpen guys. Glover shouldn't be starting as it is. I hope they figure something out fast. Two bases loaded walks to give away the game is unacceptable. He didn't look good tonight.

RedPinStripes
05-18-2002, 12:36 AM
:rock
don't worry. I'm almost ready!

Garrison
05-18-2002, 12:46 AM
Hooray! My man Rocky! Our savior?
Chicks dig the sideburns..... :)

harwar
05-18-2002, 09:36 AM
Its too bad that we can't use Garland & Glover out of the pen because they would be lights out.I think Garland is one of those pitchers that,after several years he will just explode into a dominant starter,just like Kevin Brown did.Brown couldn't get anyone out for years down in texas and then one year he just blossomed.Of course,i could be wrong.I've been comparing Carlos Lee with manny ramirez for 2 years now.

GASHWOUND
05-18-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Its too bad that we can't use Garland & Glover out of the pen because they would be lights out.I think Garland is one of those pitchers that,after several years he will just explode into a dominant starter,just like Kevin Brown did.Brown couldn't get anyone out for years down in texas and then one year he just blossomed.Of course,i could be wrong.I've been comparing Carlos Lee with manny ramirez for 2 years now.

Yeah, I always thought Garland would be like a Tim Hudson type pitcher. It seems that OAK's young pitchers blossomed into semi-dominating pitchers, while we only blossomed just one(Buehrle) so far. Well, we did trade one that seems to be blossoming, just our luck. And what's up with Lee, sheesh, the guy just looks like a natural hitter and he can't put it together.

baggio202
05-18-2002, 04:39 PM
corwin malone come on down!!...youre the next contestant on "the next white sox overrated ,overhyped phenom to fall on his face" !!!1 :(:

Paulwny
05-18-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
corwin malone come on down!!...youre the next contestant on "the next white sox overrated ,overhyped phenom to fall on his face" !!!1 :(:

LOL, the power of propaganda and the press.