PDA

View Full Version : Fukudome vs. TCM

esbrechtel
10-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I figured this needed its own thread...who else is glad that Fukudome chose to go to the northside instead of take more money :o: to play here, and we got TCM instead? :tiphat: Kenny...way to go man!

Billy Ashley
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I figured this needed its own thread...who else is glad that Fukudome chose to go to the northside instead of take more money :o: to play here, and we got TCM instead? :tiphat: Kenny...way to go man!

I was certainly wrong about him (Thus far anyway). I figured he'd post an OBP around .380 and a slugging around .440. Whoops.

asindc
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm glad he made the wrong decision. If he can't leadoff and steal bases, he is not worth the money the Sox were going to pay him, IMO.

Steelrod
10-06-2008, 09:37 AM
If we survive the playoffs, we'll owe him a ring!

oeo
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM

It would be Swisher that would not be here. Swisher was Plan D after Torii, Rowand, and Fukudome.

Hitmen77
10-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I also like Turner Classic Movies better than Fukudome.

:duck:

SoxNation05
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I will keep it short
TCM cornerston of a franchise.
Fukudome slightly better hitter than Felix Pie with all the many million dollars.

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Who's TCM?

Soxaholic
10-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Who's TCM?

I think "The Cuban Missile."

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2008, 12:50 AM
I think "The Cuban Missile."But we didn't get Ramirez instead of Fukudome. I guess threads don't have to make sense.

Johnny Mostil
10-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I guess threads don't have to make sense.

How many would there be if they did?

NLaloosh
10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
The funniest part is us responding to it. LOL

Personally, I'm glad that the Sox didn't sign ARod and got Toby Hall instead.

esbrechtel
10-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Not saying these two are related I was just saying I was glad we have Alexei and are not stuck with Fukudome the highly touted "rookie" from Japan

alohafri
10-07-2008, 12:46 PM
2078961[/COLOR]]Who's TCM?

The Carlos Marmol?

guillensdisciple
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
The Carlos Marmol?
Nice.....

We didn't get Alexei instead of ***-u-do-me but but there was a lot of hype around him the first game of the season since he hit that three run home run the first game of the year in the ninth inning. Alexei started off slow so the White Sox had their concerns.

Now there is no question who is better, but there is still some room on ***-u-do-me so there might be an increase in production. I don't expect a god-like player over there but at least quality numbers... I still hope he chokes in the playoffs like the rest of the cubs team.

guillen4life13
10-07-2008, 01:42 PM
TBQH, I kind of wish the White Sox still had Ryan Sweeney. He could have been a CF and had a decent bat. He's the type of player the Sox need rather than Swisher. I think Sweeney would have been great in the 2-hole playing CF with Anderson spelling him from time to time. If the White Sox get Fukudome, they don't trade for Swisher and possibly don't get Ramirez. I think the White Sox would have signed Alexei Ramirez regardless as possibly someone to fill for OC if OC ended up leaving.

We will see if Swisher has a good year next year. The White Sox could really use it from him.

DumpJerry
10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Kenny signed Alexei because his old Cuban teammate, Jose Contreras, told Kenny that he must sign him because he would be the biggest steal ever. His signing has nothing to do with Hunter, Swisher, etc. The thinking was that he would start in AA or AAA to get used to American pitching before joining the Big Club in 2009. He did so well in Spring Training, they brought him up to come off the bench. As you may recall, he struggled at the Plate early, for about ten minutes. When Uribe hurt his Hammy, that allowed Alexei to show the world what he was made of.

One of the amazing things about Alexei is that he makes adjustments between pitches, something some of our older, HOF-bound batters are unable to do during the course of a game. When it is all said and done, the signing of Alexei Ramirez will go down as one of the White Sox' best moves ever.