PDA

View Full Version : Chone Figgins should be the main target next season.

Whitesoxfan23
10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't care what Kenny has to do, make it happen. We need a player like Figgins on the White Sox roster. The guy is awesome.

gr8mexico
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't care what Kenny has to do, make it happen. We need a player like Figgins on the Whitesox roster. The guy is awesome.
Why would the Angels just give him up? He is there leadoff guy

Noneck
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't care what Kenny has to do, make it happen. We need a player like Figgins on the Whitesox roster. The guy is awesome.

This has been discussed many times already on this board. It appears as tho he is on the Sox radar. He is not a FA next year and I just don't know how the Sox will be able to get him. Everything the Sox see in him is seen by all the other clubs and the Sox have very few players of worth that they can afford to trade to get him.

I want Mags back
10-05-2008, 11:40 PM
We need a player like Figgins on the Whitesoxroster.

who is that, in bold. I'm a big White Sox fan myself.
:tongue:

seahawk037
10-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I was discussing the severe lack of speed that this team has at the game tonight and the possibility that we work out a deal where the Angels take Paulie and we get Figgins? Izturis could then take over at third for the Halos. Obviously there would be other players involved (or maybe not). I'm not sure about Mark Teixeira's contract, but I believe he's a free agent at the end of the year. If someone like the Yankees are willing to pay him what he wants (Giambi's getting old), then Paulie might be a cheaper alternative for them to consider. Plus, they wanted him at the end of the 05 season. I would think that Anaheim would be a team that Paulie would consider waiving his no trade clause for. We then move Swish to first, Chone goes in at third, Alexei at short and then sign Orlando Hudson to play second. He's solid defensively, has decent speed, but could be somewhat of a gamble with the wrist injury. We then keep Uribe as our utility infielder. With Quentin and Dye locked in for left and right respectively, we then put BA in center and see what he can do for a full season, we need his defense and he'd be at the bottom of the order anyway. Of course, all of this this will probably cost more than the Sox are willing to pay.

As for the bullpen... just pick the crappiest reliever on the Royals and sign him to a contract :D:

jabrch
10-06-2008, 12:11 AM
"Angels take Paulie and we get Figgins"

I wouldn't do that in a million years.

gn2727
10-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Maybe the Angels GM liked the trade of Cabrera for Garland and he would do Figgins for Vazquez :redneck

Steelrod
10-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I was discussing the severe lack of speed that this team has at the game tonight and the possibility that we work out a deal where the Angels take Paulie and we get Figgins? Izturis could then take over at third for the Halos. Obviously there would be other players involved (or maybe not). I'm not sure about Mark Teixeira's contract, but I believe he's a free agent at the end of the year. If someone like the Yankees are willing to pay him what he wants (Giambi's getting old), then Paulie might be a cheaper alternative for them to consider. Plus, they wanted him at the end of the 05 season. I would think that Anaheim would be a team that Paulie would consider waiving his no trade clause for. We then move Swish to first, Chone goes in at third, Alexei at short and then sign Orlando Hudson to play second. He's solid defensively, has decent speed, but could be somewhat of a gamble with the wrist injury. We then keep Uribe as our utility infielder. With Quentin and Dye locked in for left and right respectively, we then put BA in center and see what he can do for a full season, we need his defense and he'd be at the bottom of the order anyway. Of course, all of this this will probably cost more than the Sox are willing to pay.

As for the bullpen... just pick the crappiest reliever on the Royals and sign him to a contract :D:
Thats how we got McDougal

eriqjaffe
10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
We need a player like Figgins on the White Sox roster. The guy is awesome.Not a player like Chone Figgins, but the actual Chone Figgins?

getonbckthr
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM
"Angels take Paulie and we get Figgins"

I wouldn't do that in a million years.
assuming Paulie would agree to it why wouldn't you do it out of curiosity?

russ99
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
assuming Paulie would agree to it why wouldn't you do it out of curiosity?

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but the Angels have Teixiera and their GM isn't stupid.

palehozenychicty
10-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but the Angels have Teixiera and their GM isn't stupid.

Well, they have him now, but who knows what team will give him the highest contract? The O's will be a darkhorse candidate, as he's a Maryland native, and the Yankees need a first baseman as well.

If I were the Angels, I'd pay him within reason. He's a good fit for their lineup, but I have a feeling he wants to cash in, which I cannot hate on.

Let K-Rod walk. He threw like he was afraid yesterday. No fastballs with location as a closer? Notta too good.

FedEx227
10-06-2008, 05:02 PM
We aren't getting him. Why are they going to trade their leadoff hitter with no forseeable replacement. Brandon Wood is not their 3B of the future, he sucks. They need Figgins now more than even, especially if they don't win the title this year because their window is closing.

Lip Man 1
10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
FedEx:

Because Figgins has worn out his welcome in L.A. His teammates do not like him and more importantly the organization (save for Scioscia) no longer cares for him.

Lip

FedEx227
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Where are you seeing this? I tried to look it up in one of your other thread posts and I found nothing of the such.

SoxSpeed22
10-06-2008, 09:39 PM
If I was the Angels, my primary free agent target is Casey Blake. The Dodgers may not have the cash to resign him after their spending over the years.
If you put him at the bottom of the order, he will knock in a lot more runs.
Kendrick and Aybar are there to stay as is Matthews and Hunter. Figgins could be expendable. I'm sure Lip will provide info as why the teammates don't like Figgins.

Tragg
10-06-2008, 10:23 PM
We need to find some free agents.
Perhaps we can get something for some of our bad players, but I doubt it. We also have players that we'd really be selling low on.
Maybe we could move Dye.

Lip Man 1
10-07-2008, 12:39 AM
FedEx:

As I've posted in the past I've heard this from two sources, both in the media and both from different organizations.

I can only pass along what I'm hearing. The Angels, save for Scioscia have completely, utterly soured on him.

No guarantees that they move him, and no guarantees that it's to the Sox but I've been told the Angels are going to sign Crede so they won't need Figgins and that he'll be on the market.

We'll see.

Lip

oeo
10-07-2008, 01:02 AM
FedEx:

As I've posted in the past I've heard this from two sources, both in the media and both from different organizations.

I can only pass along what I'm hearing. The Angels, save for Scioscia have completely, utterly soured on him.

No guarantees that they move him, and no guarantees that it's to the Sox but I've been told the Angels are going to sign Crede so they won't need Figgins and that he'll be on the market.

We'll see.

Lip

If they sign Crede long term, after signing Gary Matthews Jr. and Torii Hunter to terrible long term deals, I'm completely sold that the Angels are a stupid organization and will suck in the next couple of years. Crede's career as a reliable baseball player is likely over.

Scottiehaswheels
10-07-2008, 01:03 AM
If they sign Crede long term, after signing Gary Matthews Jr. and Torii Hunter to terrible long term deals, I'm completely sold that the Angels are a stupid organization and will suck in the next couple of years.Ha no doubt. That whole division is gonna be crap in a few years at that rate. At least Seattle finally dumped Sexson.

oeo
10-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Ha no doubt. That whole division is gonna be crap in a few years at that rate. At least Seattle finally dumped Sexson.

Well the A's just completely rebuilt their farm, so they should be pretty good in a couple of years. The Angels, I don't care how good their farm system is, are just going to get older and older with all those massive contracts.

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Well the A's just completely rebuilt their farm, so they should be pretty good in a couple of years.However, as soon as those prospects become major leaguers, they'll be traded for more prospects.

Scottiehaswheels
10-07-2008, 01:20 AM
However, as soon as those prospects become major leaguers, they'll be traded for more prospects.Can the A's have 3+ AAA teams? I think that is what Billy Beane is aiming for.

oeo
10-07-2008, 01:22 AM
However, as soon as those prospects become major leaguers, they'll be traded for more prospects.

Ha. True, although I think they should get a couple years out of them before they're traded.

chaerulez
10-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Where are you seeing this? I tried to look it up in one of your other thread posts and I found nothing of the such.

There's been some rumblings in the national media that for some reason the Angels are willing to shop around Figgins. Doesn't make sense to me, but I guess for some reason a PK for Figgins deal is possible. For those that think the Angels will resign Texieria, he would have to take a huge pay cut. The Yankees would be interested in him. The Orioles need a new star player to attract fans and he's a hometown guy. It's not out of the question to see him get 8 years $160 million. The Angels already have a huge payroll, I payroll I think they don't plan on increasing.

btrain929
10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Figgins is also in the last year before free agency, so it's not like we're trying to trade for 3 years of him. They might prefer to get major league talent for him and trade him now instead of the draft picks. Plus, maybe they envision Aybar leading off for them. As much as I'd wanna get him, I wouldn't want to give up a huge amount for only 1 year of him. If he's that much of a clubhouse cancer, maybe we won't sign him to a long term deal and just let him walk after '09 ala Cabrera.

Time will tell...