PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Stayin' Alive" Postgame thread

TheOldRoman
10-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Great win, huge performance by Danks. Lets get 'em again tomorrow.

thomas35forever
Discuss and celebrate.:bandance:

MISoxfan
Is that a pulse?

PeoriaSoxFan
10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I like Floyd pitching tomorrow.

GoGoCrede
I was going to post that exact song on here. :bandance: No sweep for our boys, thanks!

SoxSpeed22
Good job by Danks, good timely hitting and good relief pitching keeps us up. We live to see another day, and hopefully another one with Gavin going tomorrow.

kevingrt
We are not going away anytime soon.

Lets get them tomorrow Gavin!

soxstarter
10-05-2008, 07:53 PM
See you all at the game tomorrow night!:supernana:

gosox83
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

ONE STEP CLOSER TO AN ALL CHICAGO WORLD SERIES!!!

OOOOPPSSS NEVERMIND!!!

GO SOX!!

DANKS = BIG GAME PITCHER!!!:bandance:

turners56
What a job by the pitching staff today. The offense finally got a clutch hit thanks to Dweezy. He has two of our biggest hits in this series. Start him tomorrow Ozzie. Play the hot hand.

Sonnanstine vs. Floyd is a matchup that favors us. We hit Sonnanstine well the last time we faced him. Hopefully, Gavin is on his game. I don't think he's pitched against the Rays yet this year.

1908<2005
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Horray for winning and referencing to the Cubs :rolleyes:

soxstarter
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
That feels so good! :D:

eastchicagosoxfan
10-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Good job today by Danks (what's new) and I love that Floyd is going tomorrow with an extra day off. I certainly hope we see the almost unhittable Floyd.

munchman33
10-05-2008, 07:56 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

LITTLE NELL
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Great win to keep us alive but I need a 15-2 win.

turners56
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
HFA is so huge nowadays. Unless your team is named the Cubs or the Angels that is.

goon
10-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Just win tomorrow.

soltrain21
We've watch Danks and Floyd really mature over this year. Let's keep it going.

At the very least I get to see the game tomorrow with my dad. First time we've been able to go together this year. That'll be nice.

turners56
Out of our 7 hits today, 6 were by left handed hitters. The only right handed batter that got a hit was Uribe. Yikes.

Dye, Cabrera, and Konerko were really bad today.

PeoriaSoxFan
Our 90th win of the year. Lets not stop until we get 100.

turners56
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Our 90th win of the year. Lets not stop until we get 100.

Hehe. The most we can possibly get is 100...

PeoriaSoxFan
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM

I know, it works out great.

johnnyg83
10-05-2008, 08:00 PM
four straight elimination game wins ... amazing.

Johnny D has gone from question mark in March to stud in October. He would have been in the Cy Young voting with a little bit of run support.

And Mr. Wise has 5 of our 11 post-season RBIs ...

Come on #34 ... and how about the offense have one game when everybody fires on all cylinders?

WSox73
Great win to keep us alive but I need a 15-2 win.

Ditto! :D:

Tragg
Great win.
Much prefer running to sacrifice bunting, in the world of "Small ball".
Great game by Danks....this will set him up to start against presumably Boston.

Frontman
Any way we can sneak into the Trop and repaint all the empty.....erm "tarped" seats black?

Methinks we've found the Sox "10th" player on the field.

That give the Cell an awesome atmosphere. Its reminds me of how the blackout is used in college.

BoysMom3
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
This song has been in my head since the end of the regular season. We're staying alive!!! Nice job Danks, thanks for wrapping things up nicely Big Bad Bobby J! Dotel got it done too.

voodoochile
10-05-2008, 08:02 PM

That's fine, don't really care about the 101st win this year...

:D:

Excellent team effort offensively. Lots of patience as well as timely hitting. Wise and Uribe drove in runs, nuff said.

Mr. Danks, your table is ready.

Mr Jenks, you can have one too.

:winner

:)

:moonwalk:

turners56
The white towels worked out great today. It looked so uniformed.

Lefty34
HFA is so huge nowadays. Unless your team is named the Cubs or the Angels that is.

Yeah, I think this postseason is going to end up more like the NBA Finals, where the home team is WAY more likely to win.

Frontman
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
This song has been in my head since the end of the regular season. We're staying alive!!! Nice job Danks, thanks for wrapping things up nicely Big Bad Bobby J! Dotel got it done too.

I've had Pearl Jam's "Alive" in my head since Comcast/WGN used it last weekend. Man, the Sox are fun team to follow this season. Keep it going White Sox!!!!

RTI_SoxFan
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Great win.
Much prefer running to sacrifice bunting, in the world of "Small ball".
Great game by Danks....this will set him up to start against presumably Boston.

Easy killer. We are still down 2-1. One game at a time.

PeoriaSoxFan
10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Floyd will be pitching on 6 days rest. I am not sure how that will affect him.

soltrain21
10-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Floyd will be pitching on 6 days rest. I am not sure how that will affect him.

In 2005 Garland pitched on like 12 days rest and was good.

Lip Man 1
10-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Congratulations...at least the Sox showed they can actually win a postseason game! (unlike some others :D:)

Just play it day by day and hope to keep going.

Lip

Lefty34
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
In 2005 Garland pitched on like 12 days rest and was good.

Yes, but also in 2005 our bullpen was absolutely lights-out when they came in, with a lot of pitchers performing above their projected norms. This year's bullpen, however, has a lot of people holding their breaths when brought in.

sox1970
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Ozzie still waffling on a potential Game 5 starter. :rolleyes:

Unless Buehrle is hurt or something, there's nothing to think about.

JermaineDye05
10-05-2008, 08:09 PM
What a time for Bobby to bring out the curve. Pena had no chance, filthy pitch.

soltrain21
Yes, but also in 2005 our bullpen was absolutely lights-out when they came in, with a lot of pitchers performing above their projected norms. This year's bullpen, however, has a lot of people holding their breaths when brought in.

Also in 2005 I was three years younger.

RadioheadRocks

I'm hearing the Bad Examples:

NOT
DEAD
YET

Frontman
10-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm hearing the Bad Examples:

NOT
DEAD
YET

MrRoboto83 will appreciate that I keep hearing Styx's "Not Dead Yet" and not getting sick.

:bandance:

Lefty34
Also in 2005 I was three years younger.

ummm.....okay? So was everyone else? :scratch:

Frater Perdurabo
Great game today! Nice to win a game without needing to hit a homer. Great job by Danks.

Now the pressure in on the Rays. The Sox are playing with house money.

JermaineDye05
I have to bring it out again

Y6ljFaKRTrI

STILL ALIVE!!

soltrain21
10-05-2008, 08:12 PM
ummm.....okay? So was everyone else? :scratch:

I was making a point because we I was just giving an example about how long rest may not have any effect on Floyd, and you brought up the 2005 bullpen for really no reason.

Frater Perdurabo
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
So far, Wise has to be considered the offensive MVP of this series. At the very least I think he's played his way onto the 2009 team's bench.

JermaineDye05
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
So far, Wise has to be considered the offensive MVP of this series. At the very least I think he's played his way onto the 2009 team's bench.

I'd like for him to work on his defense in the outfield this offseason before I feel comfortable with him on the bench. He's been brutal in the outfield.

Lefty34
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
I was making a point because we I was just giving an example about how long rest may not have any effect on Floyd, and you brought up the 2005 bullpen for really no reason.

Ok, but there have been a lot of pitchers that have gone on short rest since 2005. Why did you bring up that one? My guess is because that was the year the White Sox rode unbelievable starting pitching and bullpen work to a World Series Championship. Thus, my point about Garland going on longer rest in '05 not being very relevant considering the other things contributing to the '05 WS is still valid. Simple enough? Oh wait, Konerko, Crede in 05!1!!!!! Clutch!!!111!!! There we go.

Lefty34
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I'd like for him to work on his defense in the outfield this offseason before I feel comfortable with him on the bench. He's been brutal in the outfield.

Yeah, if he was contributing like Braun was when he came up as a rookie, I would be willing to look past his defensive shortcomings (though Braun himself admits he is a butcher), but the simple fact is that he has a little speed and has come up with a few very key hits, that's about it. Altogether I'm not sure that is worth a consistent starting job next year. But right now it doesn't matter, tomorrow is another huge game, and I am ever-confident in our Sox at home. Let's get this done!

PeoriaSoxFan
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Agreed. MB will be coming off normal rest as well. I love Ozzie, but if he were to start Javy, I would lead the parade to fire him. We still have to get there first though.

BRDSR
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM

Hooray for misspelling hooray and for giving a rolley-eyes guy to someone for referencing the Cubs when your own name references the Cubs.

Great game. Four straight win-or-go-home wins. If they never lose a win-or-go-home game, they'll win the World Series.

That last nugget brought to you by Harold Reynolds, who "would rather have a man on third with two outs and nobody in than a man on first with two outs and nobody in." Thanks, Harold!

munchman33
10-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Fire Greg Walker!

Tragg
10-05-2008, 08:25 PM
That was a nice cutter by the big man to end the game.

Tragg
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I wish he could play a position.
He's taking walks and hitting to the opposite field. Remarkable.

SoxGirl4Life
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Shoot, I didn't realize the Rays haven't seen Gavin at all this year. I like it!

JermaineDye05
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Cutter? I believe that was a curveball, and yes it was nice. I'm unsure if Bobby or Gavin has a better curveball. They're both equally nasty, Gavin's has way more break and he can sweep it and drop it so I'd say Gavin has the advantage.

GoGoCrede
10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
We didn't even homer! Amazing!

sox1970
10-05-2008, 08:30 PM

Yellow Hammer.

The Yacker.

KyWhiSoxFan
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Too bad the Sox could not have set their rotation before the playoffs began. But that's the consequences of stumbling down the stretch the last two weeks.

I like Floyd tomorrow, despite the fact that the Rays have a better record against righties than lefties. Floyd has been the Sox's best pitcher all season.

Then it's up to Buehrle to nail it down in Tampa and give the Sox a fifth victory on artificial surface all year.

TDog
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Danks couldn't get through the seventh, but he had enough run support today that he had some margin for error. Danks achieved a goal I thought was unreachable for him this year -- 200 innings. Today's game pushed him to 201.2 innings.

More importantly, Danks showed he is a winner, as he did against the Twins. Whatever happens from here on out, Danks have proved to himself, to the White Sox, that he is a winner. I'm not sure how much of the six-inning thing with him is mental or a function of hitters adjusting to his patterns. Hopefully, he will be able to build on the improvement he demonstrated this season. Some people were sure he was done early in September.

The White Sox played like a different team at home. Obviously they had to. Wise did so much to get the first run in: leading off with a walk, not getting doubled up on a line drive to the firstbaseman, stealing second with two out and scoring on the clutch two-out, two-strike hit by Pierzynski. Wise, of course, drove in two more to give the Sox a 4-1 lead.

Of course, the sacrifice fly that advanced all three runners with the bases loaded set up Wise's hit. Even lacking speed, the Sox were anything but station-to-station today. You have to go back to the second game of the 1917 World Series, I think, to find the last time a White Sox team stole three bases in a postseason game. "Shoeless" Joe Jackson stole one and Hall-of-Famer Eddie "Cocky" Collins stole two. (In 1959, the Dodgers' Johnny Roseboro shut down the running game.)

Part of it is the Sox are a different team on real grass. Part of it is pride. The Sox coming before the home fans played hard against a pitcher they could do stuff against. Big hits from Pierzynski and Wise sparked this team. And Uribe, like Pierzynski, got a big two-out knock.

Twenty-five years ago (I can't believe it's already been a quarter of a century), almost to the day, the Sox went up against the Orioles in the old park, down two games to one with a chance to win and send it over to their ace. Britt Burns didn't get any help, and the day has been relieved as a White Sox nightmare ever since. Monday, Floyd has a chance, with a little extra rest, to put the ball in Mark Buehrle's hands. It would take a dome win -- something the flip of a coin saved the Sox from needing to get to the postseason. But this White Sox team still has a chance. Today showed they haven't given up.

IronFisk
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Nice. at least one team can win a game :)

Tragg
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Cutter? I believe that was a curveball, and yes it was nice. I'm unsure if Bobby or Gavin has a better curveball. They're both equally nasty, Gavin's has way more break and he can sweep it and drop it so I'd say Gavin has the advantage.
Bobby's is faster and sharper. I agree with your description of Gavin's.
Whatever you call it, they each have a nice pitch.

LITTLE NELL
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Danks couldn't get through the seventh, but he had enough run support today that he had some margin for error. Danks achieved a goal I thought was unreachable for him this year -- 200 innings. Today's game pushed him to 201.2 innings.

More importantly, Danks showed he is a winner, as he did against the Twins. Whatever happens from here on out, Danks have proved to himself, to the White Sox, that he is a winner. I'm not sure how much of the six-inning thing with him is mental or a function of hitters adjusting to his patterns. Hopefully, he will be able to build on the improvement he demonstrated this season. Some people were sure he was done early in September.

The White Sox played like a different team at home. Obviously they had to. Wise did so much to get the first run in: leading off with a walk, not getting doubled up on a line drive to the firstbaseman, stealing second with two out and scoring on the clutch two-out, two-strike hit by Pierzynski. Wise, of course, drove in two more to give the Sox a 4-1 lead.

Of course, the sacrifice fly that advanced all three runners with the bases loaded set up Wise's hit. Even lacking speed, the Sox were anything but station-to-station today. You have to go back to the second game of the 1917 World Series, I think, to find the last time a White Sox team stole three bases in a postseason game. "Shoeless" Joe Jackson stole one and Hall-of-Famer Eddie "Cocky" Collins stole two. (In 1959, the Dodgers' Johnny Roseboro shut down the running game.)

Part of it is the Sox are a different team on real grass. Part of it is pride. The Sox coming before the home fans played hard against a pitcher they could do stuff against. Big hits from Pierzynski and Wise sparked this team. And Uribe, like Pierzynski, got a big two-out knock.

Twenty-five years ago (I can't believe it's already been a quarter of a century), almost to the day, the Sox went up against the Orioles in the old park, down two games to one with a chance to win and send it over to their ace. Britt Burns didn't get any help, and the day has been relieved as a White Sox nightmare ever since. Monday, Floyd has a chance, with a little extra rest, to put the ball in Mark Buehrle's hands. It would take a dome win -- something the flip of a coin saved the Sox from needing to get to the postseason. But this White Sox team still has a chance. Today showed they haven't given up.
That Brit Burns game was one of the saddest days in White Sox history, I cried that day.

kitekrazy
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM

Kinda odd isn't it? He finally came through. It was his base running though.

SteveFakeBlood
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

OOOOPPSSS NEVERMIND!!!

GO SOX!!

:rolling: I know we probably shouldn't be referencing the Cubs, but I support any and all trash-talking on the Cubs, considering how much crap their fans gave me all season long and now I live 1,000 miles away, so don't get as much of an opportunity for revenge.

That said, like everyone else, I have almost no complaints about this game (and no serious ones). Excellent performances all around. The bullpen looked good, we actually *dies of shock* hit in the clutch all game long, took pitches we were supposed to take, swung at strikes, the defense was generally solid, Danks was outstanding other than one pitch to Upton. Scoring runs without hitting home runs was kind of big too, we actually rallied and manufactured runs.

I'm definitely optimistic about Game 4, but I think there should be a moratorium on Game 5 talk and speculative talk about the ALCS- we've got to go out and win tomorrow first. I like the Floyd/Sonnanstine match-up and think we can win, but we've got to go out and do it- which we should, if and only if, we play like we did today.

~Steve

kitekrazy
10-05-2008, 08:42 PM

Unless he makes it a priority it won't happen. He should know how to play defense by now.

kitekrazy
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
That Brit Burns game was one of the saddest days in White Sox history, I cried that day.

That was back when you weren't afraid to let a starter go past 9. Pitchers aint like that any more.

app2686
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Glad to see the White Sox can win a game without hitting a home run for a change.

tstrike2000
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Like Ozzie said in the post game, "You have to ween tree out a fye" and tonight's game is just what the doctor ordered. Danks is the fricken man for the second time in 5 days. Let's even it up tomorrow.

GoGoCrede
10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Like Ozzie said in the post game, "You have to ween tree out a fye" and tonight's game is just what the doctor ordered. Danks is the fricken man fior the second time in 5 games. Let's even it up tomorrow.

:rolling: at your Ozzie-speak. I had to say it out loud to figure out what you meant.

cub killer
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Congratulations...at least the Sox showed they can actually win a postseason game! (unlike some others :D:)

Just play it day by day and hope to keep going.

Lip

The scrubs were hyped all year long unlike almost any other team. Ozzie said it when he said "We are the bitch of Sheecago!" Well, the pitiful cubs are sittin' at home while we are alive with momentum to boot. If there was any doubt as to who Chicago's real baseball team is, 2008 should erase that.

chisoxfanatic
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Neat game to be at. Danks didn't have the same stuff he had on Tuesday; but, that didn't matter, because he still was able to pitch more than effectively. Nice job at the plate by AJ, and it's nice that we were able to score without needing the long ball.

I still think Wise needs to work on his fielding in LF. There were a couple balls hit to him that even Swisher would've gotten to.

Nice job by Dotel, Thornton, and Bobby to seal the deal.

I'll see you all again tomorrow.

TDog
10-05-2008, 08:49 PM
:rolling: I know we probably shouldn't be referencing the Cubs, but I support any and all trash-talking on the Cubs, considering how much crap their fans gave me all season long and now I live 1,000 miles away, so don't get as much of an opportunity for revenge. ...

There is another thread on this topic. Just knowing that if Cubs fans really are so desperate to bring a winner to Chicago they will have to get on the White Sox bandwagon, such as it is, is good enough for me.

I can understand why Guillen might be publicly waffling on a starter for Game 5. Game 4 is so important, it might require the first-choice Game 5 starter to get through it.

Zisk77
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Shhh! Don't tell trag.

I may be going to the game tomorrow (crosses fingers).

This team may give me a heart attack but dadgummit I love them anyway...they still have a way of making me naesous. "there is a fine line between love and Naesea" - coming to America

Oh, and I'm :gulp: so forgive the spelling errors.

IronFisk
10-05-2008, 09:17 PM

harumph!

nasox
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Is there something wrong with our mound?

BoysMom3
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Shhh! Don't tell trag.

I may be going to the game tomorrow (crosses fingers).

This team may give me a heart attack but dadgummit I love them anyway...they still have a way of making me naesous. "there is a fine line between love and Naesea" - coming to America

Oh, and I'm :gulp: so forgive the spelling errors.

They're giving me a heart attack too. I'm in it with them to the end though, heart attack or no. :o:

9in'59
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I couldn't have been the only one who knew the "Yellow Hammer" was coming!

We've been screaming for clutch hitting all year and Dewayne has come through. These hitters don't grow on trees! He has earned a place on the 2009 team!

Let's win tomorrow and put the "fear of God" into these cocky bastards!!

As Harry used to say, "Big possums walk late".

Go Go Sox!!:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::gulp :

BadBobbyJenks
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Just got back from the game. Not quite as good as last Tuesday, but I will take it. The crowd looked so much better when it was dark.

Danks was nails again for us. Did we really just win without a home run?:o:

Gavin the Great vs Sonnastine tomorrow, get that flight to St Petersburg ready.

That is how you cheer on your team there Chicago fans.:gulp:

JermaineDye05
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Just got back from the game. Not quite as good as last Tuesday, but I will take it. The crowd looked so much better when it was dark.

Danks was nails again for us. Did we really just win without a home run?:o:

Gavin the Great vs Sonnastine tomorrow, get that flight to St Petersburg ready.

That is how you cheer on your team there Chicago fans.:gulp:

Sonnastine has owned us, and Tampa has never seen Gavin. If Gavin can get ahead and get his curveball he should be good. I expect a low scoring game, a classic pitchers duel.

BoysMom3
10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I just loved that little moment when Thornton and Aybar played tough and then let each other know everything was cool with a knuckle punch thingy (you know what I mean.) That was very cool.

Brian26
10-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I just loved that little moment when Thornton and Aybar played tough and then let each other know everything was cool with a knuckle punch thingy (you know what I mean.) That was very cool.

Yeah, that was a nice moment. Cool to see Aybar come over and initiate it too.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-05-2008, 09:49 PM
That was a fun game to go to! Too mad I didn't get to hang around for BP since there wasn't any. :(: Oh well, all of a sudden I am going tomarrow too since my friend got tickets (finaly repaying me for the 2 times I took him *coughCubsVsSoxcough*)! I don't know what section they are in, but I'll be there anyway! :bandance:
Go Red Sox! :D:

Woofer
10-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Just got back from the game, we had a great time. Got a little nervous after Upton hit the home run, which took some of the energy out of the park. It was a great crowd, although not nearly as enthusiastic as the crowds I saw during the ALDS in 2005. The crowd was awesome at the end, and the combination of the black dressed crowd with the white towels was very cool to see in person.

I am going to the game again tomorrow, hopefully we get to see another White Sox victory.:smile:

twentywontowin
10-05-2008, 10:00 PM

I thought a fight was going to break out for a second. Aybar gets thumbs up in my book for the fist pound.

LongLiveFisk
10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
How exciting to see the Sox win this one. Lucky for you guys who have tickets to these games (I'm jealous!)

Hopefully tomorrow will be more of the same and a better blackout too.
Wear that BLACK!!

BleacherBandit
10-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Wow, I just got back. It was a nice atmosphere, and the fans were awesome. We've just got to come out tomarrow and support them like we did tonight, and it's back to Tampa.

God, for the first time, I'm rooting for the Red Sox to win tonight. That way, I can view the Sox play tomarrow at 7:00!

nccwsfan
10-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Gavin has the nastier curve- I'm looking forward to him putting it out there tomorrow.

Great game! Get a win tomorrow.

ohthosechisox
10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Sonnastine has owned us, and Tampa has never seen Gavin. If Gavin can get ahead and get his curveball he should be good. I expect a low scoring game, a classic pitchers duel.

Sonnastine owned the Sox in April, but his August outing against us wasnt quite the same. I believe he gave up 4 ERs. I hope Gavin never facing Tampa can only help. :)

Wow, I just got back from my first postseason game ever and my first postseason win. What a great day! Bring home another victory tomorrow, guys!

hawkjt
10-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Fun day to be in the ballpark..my son and I stood the whole game up in the UD last row and it was great. Really got the whole panoramic view of the whole spectacle..and it was a spectacle.

Crowd was very good....the game was better. Mr Clutch awards to AJ for that first base hit and Dwise..and junior and Mr.Incredible...and of course Johnny Bulldog Danks and the bullpen...Bad Bobby to the rescue.

Lets do it again tomorrow, eh guys? Go Sox.

RadioheadRocks
10-05-2008, 10:54 PM

I second that emotion! :)

hi im skot
10-05-2008, 10:55 PM

And your username...?

manders_01
10-05-2008, 11:03 PM

I thought a fight was going to break out for a second. Aybar gets thumbs up in my book for the fist pound.

I liked that as well. It was nice to see that every instance where there
some contact doesn't have to turn into the brawl to end all brawls.

I think Matt initiated it though, not Aybar. At first I thought the same but when they started replaying it, there was a camera angle that showed that was aimed more between the two (rather than behind Matt) and it appeared Matt put out his left fist then pulled it back when he thought he was going to be left hangin.

StillMissOzzie
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Yet another GREAT start by Danks. Some clutch hitting for a change, even if we did blow yet another man on 3rd, less than 2 outs opportunity.

That's fine, don't really care about the 101st win this year...

Excellent team effort offensively. Lots of patience as well as timely hitting. Wise and Uribe drove in runs, nuff said.

Mr. Danks, your table is ready.

Mr Jenks, you can have one too.

:)

:moonwalk:
Not at the beginning there wasn't! Didja notice that Thome's 2nd inning AB used up as many pitches as did the ENTIRE 1st inning?

He probably hasn't broken the news to Javy yet...

I was wondering just what was up with that little incident. At first it was a chest to chest bump, the I see Aybar doing the double point thing like, "Your turn to dance, Matt"

And unmentioned yet, how big was that Uribe 2-out RBI? TB might have played it different were they only one run down instead of two.

SMO
:gulp:

Alexei4president
10-05-2008, 11:14 PM
awesome gamethat field was electric tonight.....i really think floyd will have an awesome game tomorrow

TheOldRoman
10-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Fire Greg Walker!I agree, but its too late to shake things up. Wait for the offseason.

MisterB
10-05-2008, 11:24 PM
I have to bring it out again

Y6ljFaKRTrI

STILL ALIVE!!

You made me go and do it....

Still Alive (10/5/08)

This is a triumph
I’m making a note here: huge success
Though that might overstate my satisfaction
Here on the Southside
We do what we can because we must
For the good of all of us
Except the fans of the Cubs
But there’s no sense crying when our bats come up lame
You just keep on trying ‘til you run out of games
And we fans will have fun while you make a late run
For the White Sox, they are still alive

I’m not even angry
I’m being so sincere right now
Even though you broke my heart and killed me
With bad relief pitching
And offense that never did catch fire
It made my stomach churn but now
I am so happy for you
Now we have three guys that pitch a beautiful line
And we’ve got D. Wise who’s playing out of his mind
So I’m glad we’re not dead, despite what the “experts” said

Go ahead and tease me
And say you can really win it all
Maybe you’ll find someone else to help you
Maybe Contreras
That was a joke, ha ha, fat chance
Anyway the game was great
Although the weather was moist
Look at me still dreaming when it’s one game to two
But after last year, it makes me glad you’re not through
Please don’t rain on my parade, there is baseball to be played
And believe me they are still alive
They’re in the playoffs and they’re still alive
I feel fantastic ‘cause they’re still alive
They beat the Tigers and they’re still alive
Beat Minnesota and they’re still alive
Still alive
Still alive

guillensdisciple
10-05-2008, 11:26 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

OOOOPPSSS NEVERMIND!!!

GO SOX!!

Awesome, this is such a rub it in the face moment for the Sox. Loving every minute of it.

JermaineDye05
10-05-2008, 11:36 PM

Still Alive (10/5/08)

This is a triumph
Here on the Southside

I’m not even angry
With bad relief pitching
I am so happy for you

Go ahead and tease me
Maybe Contreras
Still alive
Still alive

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mccoydp
10-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Man, what a good, good win for the Sox today.

Danks showed guts today, again. The Sox got some timely hitting and a good save in the 9th inning by Jenks.

My gut tells me that Gavin Floyd is going to be up to the task tomorrow and that he will pitch like his life depends on it.

DanLB20
10-06-2008, 12:28 AM
The Sox gave them "The Bird" today.
Hopefully it will be back tomm.

Great win. GO SOX.

Shoeless_Jeff
10-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Way to go big game Johnny!!!! :gulp:

guillensdisciple
10-06-2008, 12:57 AM
As surprising as it is, this is the exact formula Ozzie needs to win. Mix power, with some timely hitting, and speed. That is the formula, that is the only way we will beat the Rays. We mixed it perfectly today, got on base, stole, timely hitting. This kind of game wins championships. The Sox are by no means out of it yet.... lets PLAY SOME BALL AND TAKE IT BACK TO TAMPA!!!

Bon Jovi and Living on a Prayer is on repeat right now...

we're halfway there, we're living on a prayer!

markopat
10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Let's get those Rays tomorrow Baby! What a great win today!

Go Go SOX!

Thome_Fan
10-06-2008, 01:11 AM

Still Alive (10/5/08)

This is a triumph
Here on the Southside

I’m not even angry
With bad relief pitching
I am so happy for you

Go ahead and tease me
Maybe Contreras
Still alive
Still alive

YES! Portal=win.

The cake is a li...................

JB98
10-06-2008, 01:13 AM
I thought the Sox ran the bases well today. In that fourth inning, we had the three slowest men alive on base, but they all advanced on that fly by Ramirez. I like to see that. Just because you are slow does not mean you cannot run the bases well.

Danks was solid again. Good work by Dotel to retire Longoria and put out the fire in the seventh. Thornton and Jenks, strong as usual.

Let's protect our house again tomorrow.

sunofgold
10-06-2008, 01:20 AM
We looks so much better at home. It is like two different teams. Just keep up the good work. It has been very exciting, too exciting. GO WHITE SOX!

WhiteSox5187
10-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Well, our backs are still up against it, but we're used to having our backs up against the wall. Let's just keep winning.

chisoxfanatic
10-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Good work by Dotel to retire Longoria and put out the fire in the seventh.
I was extremely nervous when Dotel came in, because he was facing Longoria. I thought the game would be tied with a long one. Dotel's either a feast or famine-type pitcher. Fortunately, he feasted today on his one batter.

ode to veeck
10-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Tomorrow the south side lumber co. will buy a ticket for the fat lady back to Tampa

Frankfan4life
10-06-2008, 04:30 AM
awesome gamethat field was electric tonight.....i really think floyd will have an awesome game tomorrowThe fan support was GREAT!! The cheering started during the National Anthem! :o: AWESOME!! We were so loud, Garza wore cotton in his ears (hint for Sox when they go back to the Trop). :cool: The crowd was live throughout the game and didn't get down even when we didn't have the lead and when Upton hit the two-run bomb. Good job everybody!

On the downside, I want to personally "Boo" everybody who couldn't find anything black in their closets. COME ON!! Let's do better tomorrow.

EuroSox35
10-06-2008, 04:45 AM
I really like what Ozzie did with the lineup. He basically alternated L/R for every spot (except 9, 1). Madden seems to be the type that prefers these one pitcher specialists or matchups, so not having a few in a row might help that

EuroSox35
10-06-2008, 04:50 AM
Also, this is what it takes to win, sending runners, going for that extra base/moving up on a sacrifice, not always looking for the long ball. I don't know why there's this belief that we can't do this on the road or domes. Everyone was sure we'd slow dirt and basepaths because of them, yet our team that's characterized as old and slow was doing all these things with no problem

Marqhead
10-06-2008, 05:17 AM
getting to go to last nights win was well worth todays 330 am wake up and 6 am flight. 6et em again tonight boys!

harwar
10-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Also, this is what it takes to win, sending runners, going for that extra base/moving up on a sacrifice, not always looking for the long ball. I don't know why there's this belief that we can't do this on the road or domes. Everyone was sure we'd slow dirt and basepaths because of them, yet our team that's characterized as old and slow was doing all these things with no problem

Yes,it was great to see Ozzieball making the difference,after hearing those guys on tbs saying how the rays will be hindered by the wet conditions.
whatever happens i couldn't be more proud of the way our guys are handling the pressure of all these elimination games .. they look pretty damn loose ..
Also,the rolling blackout theme is pure genius,and i wish so much that i could go,but my daughter is there in my stead,with not only an all black outfit,but a blackened face as well.

October26
10-06-2008, 08:25 AM
So proud of our White Sox for battling to get the win today. John Danks was amazing! :bandance: Also, kudos to all the Sox fans in attendance. We heard you loud and clear! Now we need a repeat performance for today (Monday's game). Let's go White Sox - get another win today and force the series back to Tampa.

Sad
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
what a great game!
got home and went straight to bed to recharge for today...

palehozenychicty
10-06-2008, 10:52 AM
We did everything right yesterday. We need to do everything right today. Then we need to do it again on Wednesday if we do it right today. :D:

daveeym
10-06-2008, 11:01 AM
The fan support was GREAT!! The cheering started during the National Anthem! :o: AWESOME!! We were so loud, Garza wore cotton in his ears (hint for Sox when they go back to the Trop). :cool: The crowd was live throughout the game and didn't get down even when we didn't have the lead and when Upton hit the two-run bomb. Good job everybody!

On the downside, I want to personally "Boo" everybody who couldn't find anything black in their closets. COME ON!! Let's do better tomorrow.
I was in the last row of the upperdeck down the 3rd base line. While we didn't get the full effect you could just tell it was LOUD. The crowd had a great vibe all game.

When it died down it just seemed like it was due to slow moments, points where a lot of people were hitting the concessions and bathrooms. Never any anxiety or people moaning in the stands even after the homerun. I heard from many people that attended one of the Cubs games that there was just so much tension in the stands.

The ovation for Danks when he was pulled was awesome. Got him to tip his cap when you could tell he was really ticked that he couldn't go further. The crowd also exploded when Bobby walked out of the bullpen.

Britt Burns
10-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Danks! What a clutch performance. Now it's Gavin's turn...

I know this has been brought up many other times on many other threads, but how can KW not win the GM of the year award? (And he won't). Danks. Floyd. TCQ. Alexei. I mean, really, who else has done more with less?

Lip Man 1
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Tampa's G.M. came out of nowhere absolute nowhere, to help get a team to what 97 wins?

He gets it hands down.

It's not fair how this often works, but it seems that if you are an atrocious club, that suddenly has a great season, you get it without question. While a mediocre team, for example, that has a good or great season, will get some consideration but that's all.

Lip

Jurr
10-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Just got back into the Burgh. Yawn. Tired.

Great atmosphere yesterday. Section 161 was rocking. I sat next to a bunch of hilarious people, including some relative of Roger Bossard (may have been a son?) that was a Cubs fan.

Rally towels, rally ponchos, churros, high fives, absolute pandemonium. God bless that stadium.

Stolen bases? Working counts? Was that our White Sox? Keep it up!

Jurr
10-06-2008, 12:29 PM
By the way, the sign that said "The Rays can't dodge(rs) us!!!" was classic.