PDA

View Full Version : NY media adopts Manny, Torre and friends

Fenway
10-05-2008, 10:48 AM
The NY tabloids have adopted the Dodgers for the 2008 post-season and they say it is simply because of their Brooklyn roots.

But listening to these writers on WEEI's Sunday baseball show you can tell they all want a Dodgers-Red Sox series because of the story lines involved. The mere thought of Manny and Lowe returning to Fenway, Torre in the dugout and Normar is a fascinating plot.

I think the Dodgers will win the NL pennant easily no matter who they play. The AL isn't as obvious. Tampa looks like the team to beat but can anybody bet against Boston now? Anaheim is on life support and the whispers from the SoCal media is Scioscia may get fired if they don't come back to win as the owner can see SoCal turning Dodger Blue again.

White Sox are in a little better shape than Anaheim because now they go home.

doublem23
10-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I like how the Boston sports folk seem to have already assumed they will win the ALCS, before they even get there or know who they'd play.

Maybe you should ask our friends 11 miles north how that works out for you. :rolleyes:

Fenway
10-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I like how the Boston sports folk seem to have already assumed they will win the ALCS, before they even get there or know who they'd play.

Maybe you should ask our friends 11 miles north how that works out for you. :rolleyes:

Oh it seems like Boston has this October thing figured out now.

There was a minor bump 3 years ago :tongue:

Seriously does anybody think Anaheim can win 3 with 2 in Boston?

doublem23
10-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Seriously does anybody think Anaheim can win 3 with 2 in Boston?

No, I think you're clear in through the LDS, the Red Sox own the Angels in October. But there's this little thing called the ALCS between you and the World Series. Might not want to just blow that off. :wink:

cards press box
10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
White Sox are in a little better shape than Anaheim because now they go home.

Maybe so but the Rays are certainly impressive. In fact, with their balance, good defense, deep starting pitching and lack of weaknesses, the Rays are quite reminiscent of the 2005 World Champs. The big difference between the 2005 Sox and the 2008 Rays is, I think, the fact that the Sox had a lights out closer in Bobby Jenks.

Anyway, I'm going today and I certainly hope that after the game concludes, Gene Honda says "there will be baseball tommorrow!"

Fenway
10-05-2008, 11:32 AM
No, I think you're clear in through the LDS, the Red Sox own the Angels in October. But there's this little thing called the ALCS between you and the World Series. Might not want to just blow that off. :wink:

The Rays proved their mettle by beating Boston 4 of 6 in September. Still I think having the experience will make Boston a slight favorite in the ALCS. ( of course that is if the Rays win the LDS which I feel will go 5 )

I don't understand why Anaheim goes belly up everytime they meet Boston in October as it is very similar to how Oakland owned Boston 20 years ago.

Believe me I would much rather see Boston at The Cell than at Cowbell Field. I think it would be a very gritty series.

If Joe Torre winds up as the last person standing I think all of baseball will be happy for him. McCourt has let Joe be and he asked him if he wanted Manny and Torre told the owner to get him.