PDA

View Full Version : Don't Stop Believing

Fenway
10-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Maybe I am completely nuts but I see the next Red Sox road game being Game 1 of the ALCS at The Cell.

If the White Sox win the next 2 at home they will win Game 5 at The Trop.

So keep believing in the 08 Sox. At least they have shown in the playoffs they know it is October unlike another team in Chicago.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Maybe I am completely nuts but I see the next Red Sox road game being Game 1 of the ALCS at The Cell.

So keep believing in the 08 Sox. At least they have shown in the playoffs they know it is October unlike another team in Chicago.
Hope is free. I load up on it. I like the Sox and Danks today, and if they get to tomorrow, I really like a well rested Floyd.

BigP50
10-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I think we will know the Sox fate after game 5 in Tampa.

If MB pitches like he did on friday in game 5 we could be moving on

sox1970
10-05-2008, 08:49 AM
I think we will know the Sox fate after game 5 in Tampa.

If MB pitches like he did on friday in game 5 we could be moving on

And maybe if the Sox knock in some runs early, he'll win.

Moses_Scurry
10-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Right now, I just want to see them get to game 4. I'd like to see 2 home games in the postseason. If they only play one, it feels like they didn't really make it. I already feel it has been a successful season. I just want more home playoff games.

Plus, there is the one game at a time thing. If they can get to game 5, they have a decent chance of advancing. Probably < 50%, but decent, none the less.

hawkjt
10-05-2008, 09:06 AM
One win is now my goal....then...two.
As we know, there is nothing quite like a playoff victory...for that day, you are the king of the world.
I want to taste that again. Today. Go Sox. Seeya at the ballpark.

SaltyPretzel
10-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm surprisingly upbeat considering we're down 0-2. We're at home the next two and we're not going to march Javy out there again, so I think we still have a chance anyways.

If the Cubs were advancing or the Sox hadn't won in '05 though, I'd probably be a nervous wreck right now.

Tragg
10-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Who's pitching today? Floyd?

SaltyPretzel
10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Danks vs. Garza. Ozzie wanted a lefty out there to try to control their running game. I'm sure Roger Bossard is watering down the basepaths to quicksand-like consistency as we speak.

Rockin Robin
10-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah I'm upbeat as well. Mostly because I didn't have incredibly high expectations coming in to the postseason anyway, but the Rays just held serve at home. If we do the same, we can make this mighty interesting.

It could be worse...we could've gotten swept with the home field advantage...

Brian26
10-05-2008, 09:46 AM

Gospel. The Sox won't lose another home game this season.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Everyone is available today. This is the third time in a week the Sox have played one of these games, all at home. They're 2-0 so far.

Play like there is no tomorrow because there isn't.

TommyJohn
10-05-2008, 10:18 AM

I like the way you think. Thanks for your support, but...

oeo
10-05-2008, 10:46 AM
When our backs are up against the wall, we play our best ball. I fully expect a win today, and hopefully tomorrow. Let's Go Sox!

voodoochile
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I never do, Fenway, I never do...

Time to break out the hammers, because the big sticks haven't been working...:cool:

jamiebd
10-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Feel's like I just went thru this a week ago, One loss and go home. And was at the game Tuesday night and I'm expecting the same atmosphere and the same result. We've won 3 in row when we had to before and we'll do the same thing this time. Like our chances of winning 2 at home and with a rested MB back down at Tampa.

GO GO White Sox.

DumpJerry
10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Well, we do have to do it for Chicago. The responsibility is all on our shoulders. This is fine because we can handle it, unlike others (no names mentioned...:rolleyes:)