PDA

View Full Version : Time for "class"

pmck003
10-05-2008, 05:16 AM
I don't like the term class but I couldn't think of a better word. Honest, I think now is a good time to show the good cub fans some support. Course we can all think of the big wanker that we have to deal with, but they're many real baseball fans that are upset about the sweep. If you don't like that the Sox don't get enough attention in the Chicago media, now is the time to show that we care about mislead baseball fans.

cws05champ
10-05-2008, 08:39 AM
How do you deliniate the "good" Cub fans from the bad? The good friends I know are real Cub fans I'm not going to rub it in too much, especially since we still have to win a game in our playoff series.

However, those asshats that jump on the bandwagon I have no problem taking the knife that is already inserted and twisting it. With all fan and media crap we have had to put up with this year, I wouldn't feel any remorse in giving them some ****.

LITTLE NELL
10-05-2008, 08:48 AM
You gotta be kidding.

Frontman
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Actually, I think he has a point here. We as Sox fans are labelled as the "pissed off" fanbase, since the Cubs get all the love. Why play into the stereotype?

Cubs had a great season. Best regular season record. Hats off to them.

I don't see how celebrating the Cubs being done helps the Sox get any closer to the Series....

Hitmen77
10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes, I agree. Next year, Cub fans should show some class and not run around shooting their mouths off beginning in freaking May as if they have already won the pennant.

Racking up impressive win totals against the teams in the NL Central != World Championship.

"It's Gonna Happen!"

(by the way, I don't go around rubbing it in to Cub fans when they lose)

soltrain21
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I just wish everyone around here would stop being the fan police.

Brian26
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Actually, I think he has a point here. We as Sox fans are labelled as the "pissed off" fanbase, since the Cubs get all the love. Why play into the stereotype?

Meanwhile, George Ofman just said "at least the Cubs aren't like the White Sox and scored 800 runs this season." There's another way the Cubs aren't like the Sox, too, George. The Sox are still alive in the playoffs. :redneck

Cubs had a great season. Best regular season record. Hats off to them.

That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee. Meaningless in the long run. The Sox had 99 wins in 1983, but it's meaningless since they couldn't go to the Series.

GoSox2K3
10-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Ky9Kso9q_Ws

Woofer
10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Ky9Kso9q_Ws

These statements were spot on. He got a lot of critism about it at the time, but he got it right.

I want Mags back
10-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I know what you mean. I was sober driving last night and picked up one of my fraternity brothers around the 4th inning who is a die hard cubs fan and I legitimately felt bad for him. Then later in the night I meant some of the more usual Cubs fans we all know and hate and I made them feel like **** :cool:

GoGoCrede
10-05-2008, 01:08 PM
These statements were spot on. He got a lot of critism about it at the time, but he got it right.

I would kill for his thoughts on last night. I bet he's still laughing.

DickAllen72
10-05-2008, 01:08 PM
What goes around comes around. Many Cubs fans have been talking **** since early April. Now they have to reap what they have sown.

If you know any Cubs fans that are cool, show some restraint with them. As for the others, let 'em have it!

DickAllen72
10-05-2008, 01:14 PM
"It's Gonna Happen!"

It always does! :D:

TDog
10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I have never made life unpleasant for Cubs fans because I hate it so much when Cubs fans hassle me. And they have been known to do so. I hope such events as the last two postseason experiences make fans more humble. I'm guessing this will be too much to ask.

You could win more than 110 games and not win anything in October. The Mariners, behind Lou Piniella, didn't get to the World Series in 2001. The 1954 Indians lost four straight to the Giants. The 1906 Cubs, unless you're consulting Dick Stockton on the topic, didn't do well either.

Winning the World Series isn't easy, although there are plenty of Cubs fans who think it must be for the Sox to have won it.

At The Second City at 1616 N. Wells St. in Chicago this summer, I heard the cast sing a song about the Cubs that you'll never hear on the radio. The chorus ends with, "Why can't they win just one (expletive) time?" That is your heritage, Cubs fans. It's the heritage of most baseball teams, to a lesser degree. The Sox have won just once since 1917. The Phillies have won just once since, well, the invention of the World Series. The Giants have never won in San Francisco. During an A's game in September, the radio guys were talking about how the Cubs hadn't won a World Series since 1908, and the A's have won four since their first season in Oakland in 1968. It feels like it's been forever for their fans, though. And the thrill of beating the Giants in the Earthquake Series long ago wore off.

If your idea of success for your baseball team is nothing less than a World Series win, you are setting yourself up for failure. Nothing you do in April or can do anything but make it easier for you to get to the postseason. Trade for a stud pitcher in July doesn't guarantee he'll hold his opponent scoreless in the NLDS. Clinching early in September to set up your pitching doesn't mean the other team won't be ready for you.

In Los Angeles, it feels like forever since the Dodgers won the World Series. What was it, a fifth of a century ago? The World Series isn't an entitlement. In 1969, everyone was talking about how it's been 61 years since the Cubs won the World Series. Even after the collapse, it felt so close. Now it's been 63 years since the Cubs have lost the World Series.

I was at O'Hare this year waiting for a flight to San Francisco with the early innings of the Sunday Sox loss to the Cubs in my ear. A woman was going on about how the Cubs were going to win the World Series, and about how it was great they were knocking the Sox into submission. I told her flatly it wasn't going to happen, partly out of anger, although I kept my cool when I said it. It never happens, I told her. Something always goes wrong. Oh, the curse, she said. No, I answered. Baseball isn't about fate and curses. It's about things going wrong. I was polite enough that she probably thought I was a Cubs fan because she excitedly told me that the Cubs had increased their lead as I was boarding the plane.

Enjoy the baseball season. That's what it's there for. You aren't a loser because your team doesn't get to the World Series. You're a loser if you act like a jerk.

That goes for Cubs fans and White Sox fans alike.

Bucky F. Dent
10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I've got this jpeg of an "L" flag flying over Wrigley that I'd like to send to a few of my cub fan friends - but I really fee like the Sox should win a game before I start getting too obnoxious.

Optipessimism
10-05-2008, 01:54 PM
There are a lot of great Cub fans out there who have waited a long time to see something special, and I honestly feel bad for those fans. I know a couple, and am related to a couple, but unfortunately I seem to come into contact with more genuine Cub *******s than real Cub fans. For that reason I want them to lose.

Frontman
10-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Meanwhile, George Ofman just said "at least the Cubs aren't like the White Sox and scored 800 runs this season." There's another way the Cubs aren't like the Sox, too, George. The Sox are still alive in the playoffs. :redneck

That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee. Meaningless in the long run. The Sox had 99 wins in 1983, but it's meaningless since they couldn't go to the Series.

And the Sox are one game away from being swept. Not really the time to act like morons; especially if the Sox don't get a "W" in this post-season.

turners56
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I won't rub it in for the Cubs fans who actually know their stuff. As for the idiots, I'm ready to shoot away.

PKalltheway
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
I have never made life unpleasant for Cubs fans because I hate it so much when Cubs fans hassle me. And they have been known to do so. I hope such events as the last two postseason experiences make fans more humble. I'm guessing this will be too much to ask.

You could win more than 110 games and not win anything in October. The Mariners, behind Lou Piniella, didn't get to the World Series in 2001. The 1954 Indians lost four straight to the Giants. The 1906 Cubs, unless you're consulting Dick Stockton on the topic, didn't do well either.

Winning the World Series isn't easy, although there are plenty of Cubs fans who think it must be for the Sox to have won it.

At The Second City at 1616 N. Wells St. in Chicago this summer, I heard the cast sing a song about the Cubs that you'll never hear on the radio. The chorus ends with, "Why can't they win just one (expletive) time?" That is your heritage, Cubs fans. It's the heritage of most baseball teams, to a lesser degree. The Sox have won just once since 1917. The Phillies have won just once since, well, the invention of the World Series. The Giants have never won in San Francisco. During an A's game in September, the radio guys were talking about how the Cubs hadn't won a World Series since 1908, and the A's have won four since their first season in Oakland in 1968. It feels like it's been forever for their fans, though. And the thrill of beating the Giants in the Earthquake Series long ago wore off.

If your idea of success for your baseball team is nothing less than a World Series win, you are setting yourself up for failure. Nothing you do in April or can do anything but make it easier for you to get to the postseason. Trade for a stud pitcher in July doesn't guarantee he'll hold his opponent scoreless in the NLDS. Clinching early in September to set up your pitching doesn't mean the other team won't be ready for you.

In Los Angeles, it feels like forever since the Dodgers won the World Series. What was it, a fifth of a century ago? The World Series isn't an entitlement. In 1969, everyone was talking about how it's been 61 years since the Cubs won the World Series. Even after the collapse, it felt so close. Now it's been 63 years since the Cubs have lost the World Series.

I was at O'Hare this year waiting for a flight to San Francisco with the early innings of the Sunday Sox loss to the Cubs in my ear. A woman was going on about how the Cubs were going to win the World Series, and about how it was great they were knocking the Sox into submission. I told her flatly it wasn't going to happen, partly out of anger, although I kept my cool when I said it. It never happens, I told her. Something always goes wrong. Oh, the curse, she said. No, I answered. Baseball isn't about fate and curses. It's about things going wrong. I was polite enough that she probably thought I was a Cubs fan because she excitedly told me that the Cubs had increased their lead as I was boarding the plane.

Enjoy the baseball season. That's what it's there for. You aren't a loser because your team doesn't get to the World Series. You're a loser if you act like a jerk.

That goes for Cubs fans and White Sox fans alike.
Well put, TDog.:thumbsup:

doublem23
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
If you know a nice guy/girl who happens to be a Cub fan, who didn't rub **** in your face all summer and just generally is knowledgeable about baseball that just happens to be a Cub fan, I'd say go ahead and be supportive of them.

If you know a d-bag, who bought into this "This is the Year" crap hook, line, and sinker, has been dishing **** out to you all summer, then go ahead and stick a broom's head in his bed, burn an LA in his lawn, or mail him 100 photocopies of the three box scores everyday for the next month.

pearso66
10-05-2008, 07:17 PM
I won't be saying anything to any Cub fans, unless they know I'm just goofing around. There are 2 I know, who are extremely obnoxious. One told me a month ago that they had already won the World Series. The other one loves to hate the White Sox, and "knows" everything about baseball. I won't say anything to either of them, but I'd love to hear their excuses on why they lost.

VA_GoGoSox
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't like the term class but I couldn't think of a better word. Honest, I think now is a good time to show the good cub fans some support. Course we can all think of the big wanker that we have to deal with, but they're many real baseball fans that are upset about the sweep. If you don't like that the Sox don't get enough attention in the Chicago media, now is the time to show that we care about mislead baseball fans.

There were some pretty classy Cub fans at the Trop on thursday. How do I know they were Cub fans? They were wearing their Cubs gear. To a White Sox/Rays playoff game. One of them even had a sign that said "Holy Cow! Sox Lose!"

I know a few Cub fans that I feel genuinely sorry for, but the number of "wankers" in that fanbase is staggering.

cub killer
10-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I've already dealt with scrub sheep today that said that 1) the cubs won more world series than us and 2)the cubs were better this year because they had more regular season wins

I'm sorry, but for every humble cub fan, there seems to be 500 idiots like these. They know NOTHING about baseball, and just live to annoy. It's ridiculous. For these reasons, I will keep rubbing in 2005 and now 2008. 2008 was the most hyped year ever for the north siders and now they're sittin' home while we are still alive and with momentum in the playoffs. It's classy to show that your team plays winning baseball. I don't think we should hold back on ribbing the other team's fans, because we have a solid team on the south side that plays with heart, and they deserve the entire city's support.

WSox597
10-05-2008, 08:54 PM
At work there are a couple of these annoying fans, always babbling about their attendance.

And how the Cell will never outdraw the Urinal.

I usualy ask to see pictures of their attendance trophies, or their attendance champ rings.

Dead silence, or a constipated look is the usual response. You have to love it.

RadioheadRocks
10-05-2008, 08:57 PM
At work there are a couple of these annoying fans, always babbling about their attendance.

I usualy ask to see pictures of their attendance trophies, or their attendance champ rings.

Or you could take it one step further... take a few sheets of scrap paper, tear them up, toss them in the air and say "Congratulations, here's your parade!"

asindc
10-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I just wish everyone around here would stop being the fan police.

Fair enough, but the original poster has made a good point. What I don't get about some of our fans is that they complain about some Cubs fans being obnoxious, yet jump (unprovoked) at the chance to be obnoxious towards Cubs fans when they suffer a setback. Pot, meet kettle.

IronFisk
10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
If you know a nice guy/girl who happens to be a Cub fan, who didn't rub **** in your face all summer and just generally is knowledgeable about baseball that just happens to be a Cub fan, I'd say go ahead and be supportive of them.

If you know a d-bag, who bought into this "This is the Year" crap hook, line, and sinker, has been dishing **** out to you all summer, then go ahead and stick a broom's head in his bed, burn an LA in his lawn, or mail him 100 photocopies of the three box scores everyday for the next month.

bingo.

kitekrazy
10-05-2008, 09:24 PM
I thought the Bartman incident was the most classless thing I've ever seen.

You have governor, manager, fans and media taking a stand against one fan.

That's what happens though when you believe in the Cub superstitions.

kitekrazy
10-05-2008, 09:27 PM

I remember how it was noted the Sox WS was the least watched. Do they think Sox fans really care about that? Those are stats for losers.

OldRomanPizza
10-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I walked an hour to meet my friend at a bar to watch the Bears and the Sox today, wearing my Sox jersey and hat. On any given day during the last six months, at least one or a few people would have shouted something outside the window while passing by me.

Today, there was only silence.

At the bar, instead of the usual Cubbie taunting of our Sox...there was only silence.

For as long as we stay alive...they can't say anything!

We rule the school!:redneck

LongLiveFisk
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I remember how it was noted the Sox WS was the least watched. Do they think Sox fans really care about that? Those are stats for losers.

And I still say the people who didn't watch lost out on some of the greatest post-season baseball ever. All 4 of those games were hard fought and teeth-grinding. Because the uniforms didn't say "Boston" or "New York", people flat out missed out on exciting, fantastic baseball. Piss on them.

white sox bill
10-06-2008, 09:10 AM
I generally won't say too much unless provoked.

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Tell them to stop singing that ****ing song, especially on my answering machine. Most got what they deserved.......nothing. All I know is that they ALL at one point this season thought they were going to win it all. Didn't happen! We're still in, so I'm enjoying the ride.

jenn2080
10-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I was disgusted when I happened to turn on the Channel 7 news and Sox fans were talking **** about the Cubs when being interviewed. Who cares? Why not show some class and talk about how OUR team just won our ****ing game.

ChiSoxFan81
10-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I'll feel sorry for Scrubs fans as soon as they stop being the most annoying race of people on the planet. Did you read the freaking SI article last week? It's disgusting. They sell out a complete dump for the season before a pitch is even thrown, and yet call it the Taj Majal of baseball. Oooh, look at the pretty ivy!! Too bad the stupid stuff interferes with the playing of actual baseball. I guess after dodging the falling concrete and pissing in a trough, the ivy is pretty neat. Seriously, after 100 years of absolute failure, why are you still rooting for them. And not only rooting, but obnoxiously, like you are entitled to a title? I hope all those Scrubs fans who say they are done with them now are telling the truth. Please save yourself, your kids, your grandkids from lifetimes of misery. Losing is not lovable!!!

esbrechtel
10-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Very well put Tdog...While I would never say this to a cub fan many of them thought they deserved to win the world series because it has been so long, I feel bad for the true fans but even they felt like baseball owed it to them...Here's to hoping the sox continue avoiding the reaper! :gulp:

ChiSoxFan81
10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I was disgusted when I happened to turn on the Channel 7 news and Sox fans were talking **** about the Cubs when being interviewed. Who cares? Why not show some class and talk about how OUR team just won our ****ing game.

You know, I get that you want to break the stereotype of "Cubsessed" Sox fans, but you never will. What's the big deal? It's sports. It's any fan's perogative to root for or against any team they want. There are no "rules". Do you think that Boston and Yankees fans don't sling **** at each other? Yankees and Mets? Any number of other rival teams? Yes, if the Sox win, it does all the talking. But if neither team wins the WS (only once in the last 100 years has that happened), then why not take pleasure in the other team's misery, especially when their fans are so ridiculous about it all? Not to mention, if there was ANY time to be talking Scrubs smack, it is this year, the first year that both teams are in the postseason in 102 years! Especially given the circumstances with the Cubs apparently preordained to win it all, while the Sox would languish in 4th place.

asindc
10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
You know, I get that you want to break the stereotype of "Cubsessed" Sox fans, but you never will. What's the big deal? It's sports. It's any fan's perogative to root for or against any team they want. There are no "rules". Do you think that Boston and Yankees fans don't sling **** at each other? Yankees and Mets? Any number of other rival teams? Yes, if the Sox win, it does all the talking. But if neither team wins the WS (only once in the last 100 years has that happened), then why not take pleasure in the other team's misery, especially when their fans are so ridiculous about it all? Not to mention, if there was ANY time to be talking Scrubs smack, it is this year, the first year that both teams are in the postseason in 102 years! Especially given the circumstances with the Cubs apparently preordained to win it all, while the Sox would languish in 4th place.

Actually, twice in the last 100 years.

GoSox2K3
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM

Wow, some TV reporter found some sports fans who would rub it in to a rival team's fans? Shocking!!!!!! I know for a fact that Cub fans never would do such a thing about the White Sox.:rolleyes:

It's sports, fans do that. Get over it.

areilly
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Who has time for class when I'm too busy laughing in the faces of every self-anointed, it-was-over-before-it-started-so-let's-get-sweet-seats-for-the-parade-dude fan I know?

Cuck the Fubs
10-06-2008, 11:23 AM

Perhaps this would be easier to not rub it in had we not had THIS IS THE YEAR shoveled down our throats since spring training began.

They were destined to win it all, and we were to fend off the Royals for last place in the central.

Nothing wrong with taking some jabs at the all mighty Cubs.:happybday

Pear-Zin-Ski
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Perhaps this would be easier to not rub it in had we not had THIS IS THE YEAR shoveled down our throats since spring training began.

They were destined to win it all, and we were to fend off the Royals for last place in the central.

Nothing wrong with taking some jabs at the all mighty Cubs.:happybday

There ya go...thats why I've been a dick to all my Cub fans this year...why should I believe you are entitled to a World Series apperance just because its been 100 years???????????????

whitesox901
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
my dads the only Cubs fan I know, and when we beat the Twinkies last tuesday all he told me was "At least now I know who's gonna get swept by Tampa". Granted we are in a hole right now, but still, he'll get his come-up-ins!

ChiSoxFan81
10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Actually, twice in the last 100 years.

You are obviously correct. My mistake.

C-Dawg
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM

Wasn't it posted on here that the 06 Series had even lower ratings? This was all part of a long trend, downward every year with the exception of 2004.

I forgot who posted that the first time. But if its true, it really takes the wind out of the "least watched" BS.

white sox bill
10-06-2008, 01:19 PM
I was in Buffalo Wings and Things (or whatever its called), I was a bit hesitant to walk in there just because of the potential cheering, but I had no choice as the group I was with already had committed to going. When the final out was recorded, I noticed something rather odd:

Despite the large number of cub fans there all decked out, no one seemed too upset. They seemed relieved. Ahhhh I thought--they are back in familiar territory, explains why they weren't too upset!

ComiskeyBrewer
10-06-2008, 01:31 PM

That's the best answer i have heard yet. :tongue:

Cuck the Fubs
10-06-2008, 02:08 PM
That's the best answer i have heard yet. :tongue:

I have constructed several "HISTORIC" 2008 tissue boxes....

Took some of the most priceless images of the players and fans from the sweep and affixed them to all sides of the box.

Makes a great gift for the ******* Cub fan in your life :bandance:

SOXPHILE
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0099/2417/cubs-fans_feature.jpg
"It's o.k. bro-han. Let's head on over to Cubbie Bear. Chad's already there, he's got the Bud Lites line up.

TDog
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Wasn't it posted on here that the 06 Series had even lower ratings? This was all part of a long trend, downward every year with the exception of 2004.

I forgot who posted that the first time. But if its true, it really takes the wind out of the "least watched" BS.

"Most watched" is completely irrelevant. It's like comparing the White Sox winning to a tree falling in a forest with no one there to hear it. If Cubs fans pretend no one saw the White Sox win the World Series, maybe it didn't happen. It's garbage, of course. It irritates me when I hear it.

If that's the game, consider that no one watched the Cubs win the World Series on television. Television had not been invented, so maybe it's no fair to say nobody cared enough to watch the game.

Of course, the game that clinched the last World Series championship for the Cubs holds the record for lowest-ever attendance for a World Series game. (The biggest crowd for a World Series game saw the White Sox play in Los Angeles in 1959.) Did that mean no one cared about the Cubs in 1908 and their World Series title shouldn't count?

russ99
10-06-2008, 05:06 PM

Oh, forget that...

I'll show class when they drop this garbage of STILL thinking they have the best team in the league. There's some very deluded people out there. Give it up already.

I got way too much harrassment wearing my Sox hat on the North Side (where I live) this summer to not say anything.

But what I will do is cheer for the Sox first, and mess with the Cubs fans second. Maybe I can sway a few over to the dark side.

SteveFakeBlood
10-06-2008, 05:38 PM

I know there have been a few compliments on this post, but I also wanted to note how excellently I thought it was summarized. Still I wrote, a damn essay on this topic. So I figured for everyone's sake I'd summarize in bullet points:

- I drunkenly wrote a very kind message to the best Cubs fan I know- the long-time boyfriend of an old friend of mine. The guy pretty much has most of the qualities I equate to good Sox fans, I wish he was on our side.

- I left a snarky, harsh status on my Facebook- wanted to rub it in, but can't do too much from long distance other than send out a lot of personal e-mails which seemed a bit much.

- The problem a lot of us have with the Cubs is not that we're the second most popular baseball team in Chicago (who gives a ****, the Backstreet Boys have sold more records in the US than Bob Dylan- doesn't make them better...) which a lot of them believe is our issue, but rather that we're treated as second-class, while Cubs fans are beatified even when their fanbase perpetuates such "saintly" things as having complete strangers regularly talk **** to me, or come to the Cell to root against the Sox when the Cubs aren't even playing. Which would be OK if the company line wasn't denial that any of their fans hate the Sox and belief that the rivalry is one-sided.

It's all a judgement call, really. Talking **** is fun, but the massive karma that came in the form of them being embarrassed on their home field is worse than anything we could say.

The fact that I'm writing this while I'm watching our game is also pathetic- so I'll stop.

~Steve

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2008, 01:27 PM
"Most watched" is completely irrelevant. It's like comparing the White Sox winning to a tree falling in a forest with no one there to hear it. If Cubs fans pretend no one saw the White Sox win the World Series, maybe it didn't happen. It's garbage, of course. It irritates me when I hear it.

Isn't that what that tool from CSI-Miami said after we won it all in '05?

Lip Man 1
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
It was William Petersen from the original CSI.

Lip

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
It was William Petersen from the original CSI.

Lip

Oops, right series, wrong spinoff. Sorry 'bout that!

soxinem1
10-07-2008, 03:40 PM
When I first read this thread title I thought it was to show class for the White Sox losing the ALDS.

However:

1. The cub players did not show up. They looked, from the first inning of Game 1, like they wanted to be somewhere else (like the World Series, perhaps?).

They need to be reminded that the World Series has not started after the regular season ended since 1968.

2. The cub 'fans' did nothing to support the team. They did in 1984 and 2003, but the park sounded like a funeral home from the first pitch of the series on.

3. The fans and promo people got stuck with their thumbs up their asses again, with their '2008 NL Champion cubs' talk, and 'bringing Chicago it's first World Series Championship in 100 years' bull****.

4. The obnoxious attitude both their fans and jerks like Santo have exibited the past two seasons especially, only compounds the issue. How can you even mention showing class to classless sheep?

I can go on, but why bother? You get what you deserve.

Wait 'till next year!!!!

SoxSpeed22
10-07-2008, 05:04 PM
As you sow, so shall you reap.
That's one lesson that has shown itself time and again during the season, and life in general.
I'm not the type to start **** with people. We're in the same position as they are now so there's no need for any gloating.

DickAllen72
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
As you sow, so shall you reap.
That's one lesson that has shown itself time and again during the season, and life in general.
I'm not the type to start **** with people. We're in the same position as they are now so there's no need for any gloating.
Bull****.

We weren't going around proclaiming "This is our year" and "It's going to happen" from mid-April to October.

And the Sox won more playoff games this post-season than the Cubs have in the past five years.

soxinem1
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Bull****.

We weren't going around proclaiming "This is our year" and "It's going to happen" from mid-April to October.

And the Sox won more playoff games this post-season than the Cubs have in the past five years.

'One is the lonliest number, One is the lonliest.........'

SoxSpeed22
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Bull****.

And the Sox won more playoff games this post-season than the Cubs have in the past five years.Same thing applies to them. As they sow, so shall they reap. They made their own bed in April, now they have to settle in it until next year.

areilly
10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Today a Cubs fan acquaintance asked me how it felt to be a loser who backs a perpetually ****ty franchise. I showed class by not punching him in the mouth.

thomas35forever
10-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Please save yourself, your kids, your grandkids from lifetimes of misery. Losing is not lovable!!!
But...but...but...TRADITION!

turners56
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Today a Cubs fan acquaintance asked me how it felt to be a loser who backs a perpetually ****ty franchise. I showed class by not punching him in the mouth.

I love Cubs fans' ignorance. Some of my Cubs fan friends thinks that the Sox have a bunch of bandwagon fans because of 2005. How ironic.

cub killer
10-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I love Cubs fans' ignorance. Some of my Cubs fan friends thinks that the Sox have a bunch of bandwagon fans because of 2005. How ironic.

I hear ya. Over the weekend, I've been told that the scrubs won more World Series than us (which is false, we're up 3-2) and that they're better because of 97 reg season wins (which is also false, because October is what its all about).

Everything said in these threads has been spot on. Sox fans once again show that they communicate better and are more astute than cub fans. I especially liked the Backstreet Boys-Dylan analogy :cool:.

Anyway, I hope nobody here takes sympathy on these sheep. They don't deserve it. They deserve to have their failures rubbed into them until they finally admit which team is better. Screw them all.

SteveFakeBlood
10-08-2008, 03:17 AM

A few days ago, I decided to waste an hour when I should've been doing homework doing an objective comparison of the Cubs and Sox performance in my lifetime (since 1983, including the 1983 season since I was born in February)- I exclusively used baseball-reference.com which is the most factually reliable historical baseball information available on the internet. The only numbers I did on my own were record this decade and playoff record during my lifetime. In my personal- I think very reasonable- judgement I judged 90+ wins to be indicative of a good team and 90+ losses to be indicative of a bad one. Here's what I found:

Once again this is from 1983-2008 (my lifetime):

Tied:
Division titles
Head-to-head record

Advantage us:
PLAYOFFS:
More World Series titles
More pennants
More playoff wins
Winning record in the playoffs
More playoff series wins
More sweeps in playoffs
Fewer times swept in playoffs

REGULAR SEASON:
More winning seasons
Better record for the season 16 times (out of a possible 26)
Substantially better record since 2000 (WINNING RECORD since 2000- which they still don't have)
More 90+ win seasons
Fewer 90+ loss seasons
Fewer last place finishes

Advantage Them:
PLAYOFFS:
Playoff appearances

REGULAR SEASON:
More times in the Top 5 in League in Attendance
More times over 2 million attendance
Better attendance for the season 22 times (out of a possible 26, including 16 seasons in a row)

They have more playoff appearances than us in the last quarter century by one and we have an even head-to-head record. By every other possible standard we have outplayed and out-classed them on the field. While we've mostly been good, but not good enough or merely mediocre- they've been downright terrible on a regular basis for more than half of my life time.

BUT they of course, won in THE MOST IMPORTANT CATEGORY: Attendance. God, I'd definitely trade the World Series trophy to draw a bigger crowd...

~Steve

Ziggy S
10-08-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm not a teal believer, but if youre going to use it, you use this color.

AZChiSoxFan
10-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Comments like these from your acquaintance are what make me utterly despise the typical run of the mill cub fan.

What an ignorant tool.

white sox bill
10-09-2008, 10:35 AM

I woulda said "I don't know, you tell me, your the cub fan"

SOXPHILE
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM

If that isn't irony, I don't know what is. Wouldn't that be like somebody who owns a ****ty, rusted out Yugo, asking you how it felt to be a loser who drives a perpetually ****ty car ? Or some homeless skid (Ronnie Woo Woo ?) asking you how it feels to continue to go to your perpetually ****ty job ?

LongLiveFisk
10-09-2008, 10:36 PM

I would have said, "Why are you asking me? You already know!"
:rolling:

RadioheadRocks
10-11-2008, 02:41 AM

Exactly. Life lesson for the day... "don't write a check with your mouth that your ass can't cash".

pmck003
10-15-2008, 01:25 AM
I realize this was me talking to myself - no one needs a moral crusader. I still rubbed it in appropriately.