PDA

View Full Version : Which Garland Will Show Up Tonight?

DrCrawdad
05-17-2002, 06:06 PM
Which Garland will show up tonight? Will it be the Garland who pitched well against the Angels (after spotting them 5 runs)? Or will it be the scared Garland serving up cookies for the Angel's bashers?

With the Angel team, we'll probably know quite quickly.

Come on Garland, shut down these cocky Angels! If you get behind in the count, put a couple of the Angels on their arses!

- DrCrawdad.

Foulke You
05-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Regardless of how well Garland pitches, someone better bean Eckstein tonight! I'm still mad about that bush league crap of sticking a leg out to let a pitch hit you.

Overall, I think Garland is a starter by default. He showed last year that he is much more suited for the bullpen then for starting. But we have nobody else (Parque anyone?) to throw out there so Garland will keep getting the ball every 5 days. I hope he proves me wrong but he just hasn't been able to get any consistency as a starter.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-17-2002, 06:17 PM
Well Dr.C I think Jon will settle down tonight! The Angels are coming in the hottest team just like the Tribe did a month ago! And they left with their tails between their legs! So I smell a repeat! :smile:

Garrison
05-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Garland leaves aftrer 4.1 IP with 5 runs allowed (3ER). The four walks really killed him tonight. I don't necessarily disagree with Foulke You. He makes a good point that Garland pitched very well out of the pen last year, but has gotten no consistency as a starter over the past two seasons. When has he strung together more than 2-3 quality starts? Not that I can remember. I want to stick with him, but maybe some more time out of the pen will do him good. He seemed to straighten some things out last year. Maybe it's just a better fit for him. He certainly didn't take a page from Danny Wright's book. We asked the younger pitchers to really show up and pitch well these next few outings. Danny Boy did, but Garland just didn't get it done tonight. Now Osuna is pitching. Oh boy here we go..... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ode to veeck
05-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Which Garland Will Show Up Tonight?

Unfortunately, for Sox fans this question has been answered.

The next question is which Sox batters will show up tonight?
the ones that score 13 runs ... or the ones that leave runners in scoring position all night long

baggio202
05-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

Unfortunately, for Sox fans this question has been answered.

The next question is which Sox batters will show up tonight?
the ones that score 13 runs ... or the ones that leave runners in scoring position all night long

well so far the answers to both question arnt what we want to hear...we got inning before percival....dont want to see his ugly ass tonight

charlie browned
05-17-2002, 10:44 PM
I just installed the great WSI Sox wallpaper on my desktop. Great shots of Buerhle, Frank, Mags, Manos, and...?GARLAND!?
Konerko, or, if another pitcher was needed for compositional balance, Foulke, seem much more worthy...if Jon-boy keeps up this 1:1 K:BB ratio, I may have to uninstall the wallpaper.

Daver
05-17-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by charlie browned
I just installed the great WSI Sox wallpaper on my desktop. Great shots of Buerhle, Frank, Mags, Manos, and...?GARLAND!?
Konerko, or, if another pitcher was needed for compositional balance, Foulke, seem much more worthy...if Jon-boy keeps up this 1:1 K:BB ratio, I may have to uninstall the wallpaper.

Don't give up on Jon too soon,he should have been left in AA for a season more than he was,and he is still only 22.

Garrison
05-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Is it just me, or do a lot of young White Sox pitchers get rushed from the minors to a huge role in the bigs labeled as the next big thing?

Garrison
05-17-2002, 11:56 PM
Hmmmmm stand up..........
:jon :wright :kipper
:rauch :fogg :porzio

:butter
"Don't forget my call-up after 'rehab.'"

GASHWOUND
05-18-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by daver

Don't give up on Jon too soon,he should have been left in AA for a season more than he was,and he is still only 22.

I agree, it feels likes he's been with the big club forever, hence some people think he's a 30 year old veteran or something. Pitchers usually don't hit their stride till their mid-20's. Although it is frustrating to see all the inconsistency. If Biddle is healthy and gains the arm strength back he should replace Garland in that 4th spot. Garland performed well last year in that roll of long relief/setup guy so lets just stick em there until he gets his act together.