PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Divison Series... BLAH

kevingrt
10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
It's early but we are well on our way to all four series being 2-0. This sucks. Time for some football. Well unless the White Sox can win some games here.

Very uneventful playoffs so far even with two Chicago teams in. And look at the break that will occur with no baseball between the DS and CS series' if all series are swept (highly doubtful but...).

doublem23
10-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Aside from the Cub games, though, they've been pretty good. I mean, did you see Game 1 of the Red Sox/Angels series? That was some awesome baseball. Hopefully having a ton of "do or die" games will spark some more excitement.

GoGoCrede
10-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again - what's with all the errors? The Angels have at least one right now. Cubs had four. We had at least one too. Nerves, maybe?

EuroSox35
10-03-2008, 10:42 PM
One thing that's been consistent, terrible umpiring. Easy fair/foul calls, outs at plates, and terrible (or at least inconsistent) strike zones are things I've been seeing in multiple games

And just as I say that they may have missed another one with Hunter here...

GoGoCrede
10-03-2008, 10:43 PM
One thing that's been consistent, terrible umpiring. Easy fair/foul calls, outs at plates, and terrible (or at least inconsistent) strike zones are things I've been seeing in multiple games

And just as I say that they may have missed another one with Hunter here...

Probably, but he's lucky his antics didn't injure him seriously.

EDIT: He's out of the game.

kevingrt
10-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Aside from the Cub games, though, they've been pretty good. I mean, did you see Game 1 of the Red Sox/Angels series? That was some awesome baseball. Hopefully having a ton of "do or die" games will spark some more excitement.

This is true. The BoSox vs Halos Game one was a gem by both pitchers. However I though the Brewers vs Phillies series was kind of slow. There were some key moments late in games for the Brewers but that was about all that was interesting.

Both ALDS series despite perhaps heading 2-0 each have been entertaining.

But if (I know big, big hopefully wrong if) all series end in sweeps that means there is a five day break between the last game of the DS and CS. The CS starts on Oct 10. Talk about a buzz kill.

However, the Sox will be playing on Wednesday so that if means ****.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 12:09 AM
If all these series end up as sweeps, then it'll be time to pull hard for the Phillies and Rays. I do not want the Red Sox to win anything more, and I don't want to be hearing any more about Manny.

If it were a Phillies/Rays World Series, I'd definitely root for the Phillies.

realflava23
10-04-2008, 12:23 AM
If Red Sox hold up in this game. When was the last time, if any all series are 2-0 going into Game 3?

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 12:28 AM
If Red Sox hold up in this game. When was the last time, if any all series are 2-0 going into Game 3?
Last year.

realflava23
10-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Last year.

I should have known but I didn't care much about last year. :rolleyes:

GoGoCrede
10-04-2008, 12:31 AM
If all these series end up as sweeps, then it'll be time to pull hard for the Phillies and Rays. I do not want the Red Sox to win anything more, and I don't want to be hearing any more about Manny.

If it were a Phillies/Rays World Series, I'd definitely root for the Phillies.

Agreed on most counts. Rays have overstayed their welcome for me and Red Sox and their fans rival the Cubs for most annoying franchise. It's overkill. I've had enough of Papelbon and the like. But my dad was a Dodger fan so I'll pull for them in the NL.

I should have known but I didn't care much about last year. :rolleyes:

Why's that?

slavko
10-04-2008, 12:34 AM
The I-94 teams seem to be soiling themselves. One of them wasn't supposed to.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Agreed on most counts. Rays have overstayed their welcome for me and Red Sox and their fans rival the Cubs for most annoying franchise. It's overkill. I've had enough of Papelbon and the like. But my dad was a Dodger fan so I'll pull for them in the NL.
I'd root for the Dodgers over the Phillies if it weren't for Manny being there.

I'd root for the Phillies over the Rays, because at least the Phillies have real fans (and I guess another part is due to the fact that I'm drawn to Philly teams, especially the Eagles, who are my second favorite NFL team). I bet half the people in the crowd at either of these two Rays playoff games had never been to a game in the franchise's history. That alone makes them hard to pull for.

GoGoCrede
10-04-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd root for the Dodgers over the Phillies if it weren't for Manny being there.

I'd root for the Phillies over the Rays, because at least the Phillies have real fans (and I guess another part is due to the fact that I'm drawn to Philly teams, especially the Eagles, who are my second favorite NFL team). I bet half the people in the crowd at either of these two Rays playoff games had never been to a game in the franchise's history. That alone makes them hard to pull for.

True about Phillies fans. And Iguchi's on that team, so that's another reason.

I know I'm biased but the Rays fans pissed me off. All season long they were winning in front of half-full crowds. And those bells were annoying.

On another note, with K-Rod coming in for the Angels and Papelbon likely to pitch, it's a tough call which one I dislike more.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I know I'm biased but the Rays fans pissed me off. All season long they were winning in front of half-full crowds. And those bells were annoying.
I don't think you're being biased at all. You're being completely objective in that statement. The Rays don't have many real fans at all. You're seeing the biggest bandwagon in the history of MLB in proportion to how many actually attended non-playoff games.

And I wouldn't even consider these two home playoff games there at Tropicana Field to be sell-outs, because they put a tarp over about 1/3 of the seats in the upper deck. If an ass isn't touching every single seat in a stadium, it is NOT "filled to capacity" as was reported on the broadcast.

Sox4ever77
10-04-2008, 01:12 AM
True about Phillies fans. And Iguchi's on that team, so that's another reason..

On another note, with K-Rod coming in for the Angels and Papelbon likely to pitch, it's a tough call which one I dislike more.

I think both of them are ****ing *******s. I love it when both of them blow a save.

GoGoCrede
10-04-2008, 01:13 AM
I think both of them are ****ing *******s. I love it when both of them blow a save.

K-Rod just blew it. His reaction was priceless. But I still don't want the Red Sox to advance.

Sox4ever77
10-04-2008, 01:15 AM
K-Rod just blew it. His reaction was priceless. But I still don't want the Red Sox to advance.

Yeah, I hate the red sox and their fans. I don't even like many of their players.

champagne030
10-04-2008, 01:19 AM

That was a I'm ****ed either way. Pap smear is a complete tool and so is most of the Sawx team, but watching Mr. Point at the Sky blow things is nice. More inept umpiring is this game as well........I didn't see the first 3 innings, but I'm guessing the ump didn't call the in the vicinity on a force. Mr. Cereal was meat, but avoided the tag.....I only wish the game were normally called that way. Hopefully if the Sawx hold this gift we won't see some tool dance in his underwear on the field tomorrow.

scarsofthumper
10-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Mod edit: Any re-broadcast, without the expressed, written consent of Major League Baseball...

GoGoCrede
10-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Illegally posted copyrighted material removed.

EDIT: Sorry.

champagne030
10-04-2008, 01:25 AM
who the **** is sitting in those seats? some douche from the other team better never, ever be allowed to lean into our seats and make a catch.

thomas35forever
10-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Papelbon was celebrating like the Sawx just won the whole thing again.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 01:32 AM
I'll take K-Rod over Papelbitch any day of the week.

Fortunately, I think Tampa would take it to them. The Rays are damn good.

GoGoCrede

Annoying, but you know K-Rod would've done the same thing if the Angels won.

Angels battled, they made an impressive comeback.

Sox4ever77

What a piece of ****.

GoGoCrede
10-04-2008, 01:34 AM
I'll take K-Rod over Papelbitch any day of the week.

Fortunately, I think Tampa would take it to them. The Rays are damn good.

I'm honestly curious, what's your reasoning?

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Annoying, but you know K-Rod would've done the same thing if the Angels won.
I'm sure he would, and I would've wanted him to do it right in front of Papelbitch and the entire Red Sox dugout.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm honestly curious, what's your reasoning?
It's all about match-ups. This Rays team resembles our 2005 squad. Especially in their dome, they've had their way with the Carmines. And, the Rays would have home field advantage. I'm hoping I'm not wrong here.

GoGoCrede
10-04-2008, 01:41 AM
It's all about match-ups. This Rays team resembles our 2005 squad. Especially in their dome, they've had their way with the Carmines. And, the Rays would have home field advantage. I'm hoping I'm not wrong here.

Oh, I meant choosing K-Rod over Papelbon.

But you've got a good point. If we happen to get past the Rays, it'd be difficult to take on Boston. And I don't want a repeat.

Exciting game.

Hendu
10-04-2008, 01:49 AM
who the **** is sitting in those seats? some douche from the other team better never, ever be allowed to lean into our seats and make a catch.

Looked like it was the camera well, not into the stands.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Oh, I meant choosing K-Rod over Papelbon.
First off, Papelbon plays for Boston. Secondly, Papelbon plays for Boston. Thirdly, Papelbon plays for Boston. Finally, Papelbon is far more arrogant, cocky, and annoying than K-Rod.

PKalltheway
10-04-2008, 03:23 AM
For what it's worth, the last time that the Division Series went the full five games was in 2005, when the Angels took down the Yankees. For the NL, you have to go back to 2004, when the Astros finally took down the Braves for their first ever postseason series victory.

The only sweep that I'm hoping for is for the Dodgers to sweep the Cubs. As for the Sox, I am very confident that they can take this thing back to Tampa, and win it.

As for the other series (Brewers/Phils, Red Sox/Angels), while there have been some good games, I really hope they go more than just three games, for entertainment's sake. It would seem pretty lame if they ended up in sweeps.