PDA

View Full Version : I like today's lineup

hawkjt
10-03-2008, 02:19 PM
with Swish in left and BA in center...maybe Ozzie has been reading the board?...joking.

Swish in the two spot and BA down in 9th will be fine if they just do thier jobs. Now, BA,OC,and Swish in a row could be a black hole if they do not hit...but hey, worth a shot,right?

Swish and BA get a chance to make an impact in the 2008 playoffs..no time for sulking..just production. It should be like a new lease on life for both. I see BA going deep ....and Swish walking twice...that would work.

Go Sox.

10-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Agree, I like this lineup, and let's get a big win here. I'm rooting for Anderson in particular, I'd like to see him make the most of this opprottunity.

palehozenychicty
10-03-2008, 02:34 PM
with Swish in left and BA in center...maybe Ozzie has been reading the board?...joking.

Swish in the two spot and BA down in 9th will be fine if they just do thier jobs. Now, BA,OC,and Swish in a row could be a black hole if they do not hit...but hey, worth a shot,right?

Swish and BA get a chance to make an impact in the 2008 playoffs..no time for sulking..just production. It should be like a new lease on life for both. I see BA going deep ....and Swish walking twice...that would work.

Go Sox.

Well, Wise and Griffey weren't doing much either. At least with Nick and Brian you get better outfield coverage, which is critical in the postseason. They got lucky on Tuesday that Wise's awful fielding didn't decide the game. Yesterday, the defensive coverage was not good either.

Evman5
10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Is there a link to today's lineups? THanks

Konerko05
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM

The whole lineup has been a black hole for the last month. 3-4-5 have been the main culprits At least we have solid outfield defense. Maybe this little shake up will get the offense going.

MeteorsSox4367
10-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Who is this Nick Swisher guy?

All kidding aside, Swish and BA are two of my favorite players and I'd really like to see them both contribute to a Sox win today.

Sockinchisox
10-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Is there a link to today's lineups? THanks

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2073101#post2073101

soxfan43
10-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Hes 3-for-21 against Kazmir in his career. Has a Batting Average of only .182 (2-for-11) vs. Kazmir since last year.

Those are Swisher's stats vs Kazmir. Not saying this isn't the right move, just throwing some info out there.

Madvora
10-03-2008, 02:52 PM
You're playing Russian Roulette with Swisher, Anderson, Griffey and Wise. There's really no way of knowing when you're going to get something out of these guys. Griffey has looked terrible and Wise had a big hit, but isn't doing much while getting a lot of recent playing time.
I like switching it up. It's just a stab in the dark at this point.

(This post contains 2 metaphors)

hawkjt
10-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Now, I do have to say that for a guy that takes a ton of crap around here, DWise came up just about as big as a guy can with two outs, a failed attempt by OC ahead of him, and tremendous pressure to get the Sox on the board avoiding yet another blown opportunity yesterday.

If BA or Swish does that today, I will sing their praises...just as DWise should be praised for coming thru while much more highly paid and heralded teammates do not.

Madvora
10-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Now, I do have to say that for a guy that takes a ton of crap around here, DWise came up just about as big as a guy can with two outs, a failed attempt by OC ahead of him, and tremendous pressure to get the Sox on the board avoiding yet another blown opportunity yesterday.

If BA or Swish does that today, I will sing their praises...just as DWise should be praised for coming thru while much more highly paid and heralded teammates do not.
Wise was big late in the season, that's for sure. He was hitting homeruns left and right for that one week, also last night was nice, seeing as though we had no other offense. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the arm he has. However, he's cold right now, so I like the idea of making a change here.

Jaffar
10-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Wise got his praise yesterday for getting the hit when he did but he's getting blasted for hitting .206/.271 during the month of September while starting 16 games. Sep 14th was the PH slam and the 19th he had 2 homers in a Sox win over the Royals and then proceeded to finish the season 3 for 31 or .097.

Konerko05
10-03-2008, 03:10 PM
You're playing Russian Roulette with Swisher, Anderson, Griffey and Wise. There's really no way of knowing when you're going to get something out of these guys. Griffey has looked terrible and Wise had a big hit, but isn't doing much while getting a lot of recent playing time.

That's exactly why Guillen should be going with the two best defensive players. If Griffey and Wise don't hit, they are hurting the Sox on offense and defense. At least Swisher and Anderson will give above average defense. The Sox wouldn't be losing much in the offensive department anyways. Swisher and Anderson might even produce more offense. It's a no brainer.

jabrch
10-03-2008, 03:22 PM

I agree that it is nothing more than a guess at this point in time - but that's what Guillen is left with. Carlos would be playing LF if OG had his way. And then CF would be the only remaining ?. But it isn't that way - and since none of these guys are great right now, we will spend the rest of the season watching them platoon in those spots.

It's OK - it is what it is. Carlois' injury really messed up things. I hope that if we win, he can be back for the ALCS. That would be a huge boost if he were effective, even at less than 100%.

Daver
10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
A decent game might increase Brian's trade value.

Frater Perdurabo
10-03-2008, 03:35 PM
I like fielding the best possible defense behind Buehrle.

Although Swish isn't much of a hitter, he does know how to work counts and that could be helpful in trying to run up Kazmir's pitch count. It could also give Cabrera some SB opportunities.

And if BA can get on for Cabrera, it opens up the hit-and-run.

EndemicSox
10-03-2008, 03:36 PM
May as well pick the names out of a hat at this point, nobody seems to be hitting their weight. Time to step up boys!

JackK
10-03-2008, 03:36 PM

Go Sox.

Wonderful. Two of the most overrated guys on the Sox "get a chance to make an impact". Why not leave Wise in there? He was 3/4s of our run producing offense last game!!!

Dont get me wrong, i dont think there are two guys i wouldnt rather go out to bars with in LP than BA and swish, but they just cant produce offensively, and that is what we need!

I hope Ozzie pulls one of them after 2 AB and puts Dwise back in.

gogosox16
10-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Wonderful. Two of the most overrated guys on the Sox "get a chance to make an impact". Why not leave Wise in there? He was 3/4s of our run producing offense last game!!!

Dont get me wrong, i dont think there are two guys i wouldnt rather go out to bars with in LP than BA and swish, but they just cant produce offensively, and that is what we need!

Dwise will be in this ball game at some point, when Ozzie moves Swish to first and he puts Wise into left. But I don't believe it will be after 2 ab's. It will be 7th or 8th inning

hi im skot
10-03-2008, 03:40 PM

Welcome to WSI, Mrs. Wise!

hawkjt
10-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Best case scenario is that the sox run up Kazmir's pitch count and the Rays go to a righthander in about the 5th. Then you can pinch hit Griff for BA and maybe send Owens out to center with a lead. Or not.
Just get a lead sox, then put the best defense out there and hope our rested bullpen can hold them down.

JackK
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Welcome to WSI, Mrs. Wise!

Haha... Sure would be funny if I was him.

I wish I owned this board, it would be fun to see how many sox players actually read it. Im sure some do, i bet some post too!

Thome_Fan
10-03-2008, 03:46 PM

This is October baseball. Do you ever really know what you're going to get? lol

hi im skot
10-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Haha... Sure would be funny if I was him.

I wish I owned this board, it would be fun to see how many sox players actually read it. Im sure some do, i bet some post too!

In all seriousness, Wise has had some nice contributions this season. However, as bad as Swisher has been during stretches, he's one of the biggest reasons we're in the playoffs right now.

Wise is cold, and Swisher deserves a shot. Griffey hasn't done much offensively, and despite his great throw Tuesday, is a defensive liability. Give BA a chance to get it done against the lefty.

Lillian
10-03-2008, 03:48 PM
This move makes sense. Griffey is terrible vs. Lefties. Opposing batters put a lot of balls in play vs Buerhle, increasing the need for defense.

Thome_Fan
10-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Dwise will be in this ball game at some point, when Ozzie moves Swish to first and he puts Wise into left. But I don't believe it will be after 2 ab's. It will be 7th or 8th inning

I'm loving this Dwise thing. I had a teacher in high school named Dustin Wyse-Fisher (very cool guy), and he was D-Wyse to us, so... Funny seeing DWise on here :tongue:

hawkjt
10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I also like that Ozzie flip-flopped PK and Big Jim...Put the hotter bat,PK, in the 4th slot ...both JD and PK have some success against kazmir.

Will any of it work? who knows but it is worth a shot.

TDog
10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Agree, I like this lineup, and let's get a big win here. I'm rooting for Anderson in particular, I'd like to see him make the most of this opprottunity.

I too will be rooting hard for Brian Anderson and Nick Swisher. Big time.

I'm not a fan of Swisher, and I've been to games where he has played incredibly bad defense this year, but I know he can do better. I know Anderson can play defense. I would love to see both hit.

I know both could have good, maybe great games. Baseball is like that. I'm not confident that they will. The batting averages against Kazmir speak for themselves. But Anderson has faced Kazmir six times and struck out five times.

9in'59
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Pitching, Defense, and Timely Hitting. Put the best defensive team that we can muster out on the field. MB will need it. That way we won't have to score so many runs to win in this "craphole" of a baseball stadium.

BTW, I think that Mr. Longoria needs a little "chin music" to bring him back to reality. "NO MORE MR. NICE GUY"

Let's play the game the way it's supposed to be played tonight and get this win!

We can take these guys!! :angry:

champagne030
10-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Best case scenario is that the sox run up Kazmir's pitch count and the Rays go to a righthander in about the 5th. Then you can pinch hit Griff for BA and maybe send Owens out to center with a lead. Or not.

NOT.

Griffey, even though old and slow, is much better defensively than Owens. Owens can't judge a flyball and needs a cutoff man for a play at 2nd.

turners56
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Swish and Thome will have a terrible game. I can sense it. Anderson and Dye on the other hand...:rolleyes: