PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle stealing the ATV

cws05champ
10-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Was this caught on TV? I was at the game, and prior to the game the Rays mascot who was tooling around on an ATV brought a stuffed doll out with a Sox uniform on and Ozzie's face on it. His plan was to run over the doll on the ATV in front of the Sox dugout. When he got off the ATV to put the doll on the ground Buehrle ran down from the Bullpen and jumped on the ATV and took off...ruining the whole stunt.
Then when the Rays mascot came down the left field line to retreive the ATV Mark while standing next to it pulled the accelerator and sent the ATV by itself into the OF. It was pretty funny stuff if you were a Sox fan but got some boos from the bandwagon fans.

Jaffar
10-03-2008, 08:26 AM
That's pretty awesome, would love to see that video.

esbrechtel
10-03-2008, 08:33 AM
I saw it while I was at work on the "TBS Hot Corner" on the computer and I was thinking...is this really going on?

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
That's awesome.....someone's gotta find that video!

SOX ADDICT '73
10-03-2008, 08:40 AM
...prior to the game the Rays mascot who was tooling around on an ATV brought a stuffed doll out with a Sox uniform on and Ozzie's face on it. His plan was to run over the doll on the ATV in front of the Sox dugout...
Wow...if that's their idea of a "stunt"...just wow.:o:

"...at U.S. Cellular Field today, White Sox mascot Southpaw entertained the home crowd by propping a stuffed effigy of Rays manager Joe Maddon up against the outfield wall, blindfolding it and lighting a cigarette that had been taped to the dummy's mouth. To the sound of a drum roll over the PA system, the furry green scamp proceeded to fire upon the mannequin repeatedly with a hot dog cannon. A good time was had by all..."

kkappelk
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Story from MAY 31 2008 on chisox.com...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080531&content_id=2807162&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws&vkey=news_cws

cws05champ
10-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Story from MAY 31 2008 on chisox.com...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080531&content_id=2807162&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws&vkey=news_cws
I didn't know about the past incident as well...now we have history with the Rays mascot. If only the Mascot could have run over Javy Vazquez pre-game :D:.

areilly
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
It was pretty funny stuff if you were a Sox fan but got some boos from the bandwagon fans.

I saw that on Hot Corner - highly entertaining, but I think it was Dotel, not Buehrle.

I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, savage beatings and stolen vehicles? I like where this series is going." Now, not so much.

BleacherBandit
10-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Haha, Raymond got owned. :bandance:

salty99
10-03-2008, 09:48 AM
I saw that on Hot Corner - highly entertaining, but I think it was Dotel, not Buehrle.

I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, savage beatings and stolen vehicles? I like where this series is going." Now, not so much.

It was Dotel and Buehrle and then Buehrle took off with the ATV.

cws05champ
10-03-2008, 09:58 AM
It was Dotel and Buehrle and then Buehrle took off with the ATV.
I only saw Buehrle riding the ATV down the LF line and then sending it off into the outfield.

salty99
10-03-2008, 10:07 AM
I only saw Buehrle riding the ATV down the LF line and then sending it off into the outfield.

Right. Dotel was the one with the doll outside of the dugout and then buehrle hopped in and took off.

EndemicSox
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
i didn't know about the past incident as well...now we have history with the rays mascot. If only the mascot could have run over javy vazquez pre-game :d:.
:d: