Whoa is he testy tonight.

turners56
10-03-2008, 08:11 AM

He's a Cubs fan. That was expected.

DrCrawdad
10-03-2008, 08:15 AM

Let me guess, spent a lot of his on-air time moaning about Sox fans pestering him?

Dick Allen
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
The punk cut off a caller who was calmly giving his opinion because he had the audacity to say he wasn't a Cub fan.

SOXPHILE
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
He tries WAY too hard to be like his heroes, B & B.

Huisj
10-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Did he break his bat?

hawkjt
10-03-2008, 11:19 AM
That was some entertaining reality radio...he was this close to going totally unhinged. You could practically hear the foam hit the mike as he ranted. And yes, Bernstein his his hero and that says it all.....vile is a good word for Bernsy's style.

I was waiting for the first live radio self-snuff job. He was barely hanging on to his last shred of sanity.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Damn, I miss everything. :D:

I guess the true Sports Triumvirate of Terror would be Bernstein, Abbatacola, and Mariotti. Mariotti also has expressed man love for Bernsy.

PatK
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I wonder what Murph will sound like. I may actually tune in for once.

Lefty34
10-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I wonder what Murph will sound like. I may actually tune in for once.

Please do not give Murph the pleasure of listening to anything that comes out of his mouth. B & B are the only personalities I enjoy listening to on the Score. That, and Murph is such a freaking homer, and I get enough of that from Hawk.

PatK
10-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Please do not give Murph the pleasure of listening to anything that comes out of his mouth. B & B are the only personalities I enjoy listening to on the Score. That, and Murph is such a freaking homer, and I get enough of that from Hawk.

Don't worry, I couldn't torture myself that way.

WhiteSoxRich
10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Listening to Abbatacola last night & Murph today was sheer pleasure. I normally can't stand listening to Murph, but I made a point of it and it was worth it.

SOXPHILE
10-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Listening to Abbatacola last night & Murph today was sheer pleasure. I normally can't stand listening to Murph, but I made a point of it and it was worth it.

I despise Murph with every fiber of my being. There were a couple of occasions when I did purposely listen to him though:

-Following the Sox clinching the ALDS, AL Pennant, and finally the World Series in 2005. It was pure joy to hear the bile and jealously in his voice as he had to put on a happy face and force himself to talk about White Sox baseball. He did keep throwing in Cub references and sort of steering the conversations that way though, but people called him out on it.

Also, following their collapse in 2003 and ass whipping last year, I loved listening to his high pitched bitching and whining, with the same old broken record complaints, and wondering if he would ever live to see a Cubs championship. Not if we're lucky Murph, not if we're lucky. Tool.

OldRomanPizza
10-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Lawrence Holmes said today that he and Abbatacola got into a heated argument today, off air, about something to do with the fans at Wrigley.

Frontman
10-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Lawrence Holmes said today that he and Abbatacola got into a heated argument today, off air, about something to do with the fans at Wrigley.

Holmes probably said that the idiot who threw at Ramierez should be prosecuted; Matty probably said, "But he's my bud, man!"

WhiteSoxRich
10-04-2008, 12:58 AM
I despise Murph with every fiber of my being. There were a couple of occasions when I did purposely listen to him though:

-Following the Sox clinching the ALDS, AL Pennant, and finally the World Series in 2005. It was pure joy to hear the bile and jealously in his voice as he had to put on a happy face and force himself to talk about White Sox baseball. He did keep throwing in Cub references and sort of steering the conversations that way though, but people called him out on it.

Also, following their collapse in 2003 and ass whipping last year, I loved listening to his high pitched bitching and whining, with the same old broken record complaints, and wondering if he would ever live to see a Cubs championship. Not if we're lucky Murph, not if we're lucky. Tool.

And add Santo to the mix..........................The Perfect Trifecta!!!

popilius
10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Did he break his bat?

Don't listen much to sports radio besides White Sox pre and post game.

Why does Hawk refer to him after a broken bat? I'm sure I'm missing something and I'm curious to know. . . thanks.

:gulp:

Steelrod
10-04-2008, 07:53 PM

Why does Hawk refer to him after a broken bat? I'm sure I'm missing something and I'm curious to know. . . thanks.

Because Hawk's mission in life is to create his own dictionary of sayings!

cub killer
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Because Hawk's mission in life is to create his own dictionary of sayings!

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :rolling::rolling::rolling:

You can cancel the postgame show on that

Thome_Fan
10-05-2008, 04:03 AM

Matt A Bat acola.

Broken bat.

That's really all the connection it takes for Hawk lol.

TornLabrum
10-05-2008, 07:53 AM
If Pepsi or Coke is really into marketing in the Chicago area, maybe they should come out with Mattabata Cola.

PatK
10-05-2008, 12:18 PM
If Pepsi or Coke is really into marketing in the Chicago area, maybe they should come out with Mattabata Cola.

If so, it will be flat and lacking taste.

WHILEPITCH
10-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I guess the true Sports Triumvirate of Terror would be Bernstein, Abbatacola, and Mariotti. Mariotti also has expressed man love for Bernsy.

Mariotti makes straw-man after straw-man; Bernstein actually argues things out to a logical conclusion.

I think people dislike how Bernstein shows no respect to the callers. I used to have a problem with this, but hey - it's entertainment. If the problem is his style, that's a matter of opinion.

If we're talking about the sports mind of each guy, however, there's no comparing Mariotti and Bernstein.

PatK
10-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Mariotti makes straw-man after straw-man; Bernstein actually argues things out to a logical conclusion.

I think people dislike how Bernstein shows no respect to the callers. I used to have a problem with this, but hey - it's entertainment. If the problem is his style, that's a matter of opinion.

If we're talking about the sports mind of each guy, however, there's no comparing Mariotti and Bernstein.

People don't like Bernstein because he is an arrogant, know-it-all ass most of the time.

Sometimes he argues to a logical conclusion, but most of the time he calls anyone who doesn't agree with his opinions an idiot.

chaerulez
10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Damn, I miss everything. :D:

Boers and Bernstein rip into Mariotti all the time... I doubt Mariotti likes Bernstein.

GoGoCrede
10-05-2008, 03:02 PM

:rolling: I have a bad cough, thanks for making me nearly hack myself to death laughing. :)

TornLabrum
10-05-2008, 03:49 PM

:rolling:

turners56
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM

Some guy called up one day and said that Matt's name sounded like Matt, how bout a Cola? It could work...

areilly
10-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Hawk's said Abbatacola asked Hawk to work his name into his repertoire while he was an intern with. . . wherever he would've been an intern.

So Hawk picked broken bat bloop shots. I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get him dropping my name every time someone strikes out looking.

"So Swisher's out on an Andrew Reilly and leaves the sacks packed with Sox. No score, we'll head to the fourth."

Nellie_Fox
10-06-2008, 01:26 AM
If so, it will be flat and lacking taste.:lol: :kneeslap:

Ex-Chicagoan
10-06-2008, 04:56 AM
I think people dislike how Bernstein shows no respect to the callers. I used to have a problem with this, but hey - it's entertainment.

I rather enjoy hearing some idiot caller with no tangible point being summarily dismissed. I just wish it wasn't the bulk of the callers.

Steelrod
10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Does it make sense that a majority of the hosts on our channel are Cubs supporters? Do you think WGN radio would tolerate that?

WhiteSoxRich
10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Does it make sense that a majority of the hosts on our channel are Cubs supporters? Do you think WGN radio would tolerate that?

I never understood that.

jabrch
10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Sometimes he argues to a logical conclusion, but most of the time he calls anyone who doesn't agree with his opinions an idiot.

He's usually right too. The callers into sports talk radio, at least an overwhelming majority of them, are complete morons. I'm glad we have radio hosts who don't pander to their callers. I wouldn't want that. Listen to a WGN call-in show about the Cubs after a loss during the regular season...It's painful hearing them fellate the callers when many clearly have no idea.

jabrch
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM

Are they? I don't think so.

Mully - Sox
Hanley - Cubs
(replacing North who is a Sox fan, but not a Cub hater)
Murphy - Cubs
Hampton - Neutral
Holmes - Sox
Boers - Neutral?
Bernstein - Sox
Huebner - Sox
ZZ - Cubs

I think it is fairly even - if not tilted towards us.

goon
10-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Are they? I don't think so.

Mully - Sox
Hanley - Cubs
(replacing North who is a Sox fan, but not a Cub hater)
Murphy - Cubs
Hampton - Neutral
Holmes - Sox
Boers - Neutral?
Bernstein - Sox
Huebner - Sox
ZZ - Cubs

I think it is fairly even - if not tilted towards us.

I don't listen to their show much, but I'm pretty sure Boers is a Cubs fan.

MUsoxfan
10-06-2008, 02:34 PM

There's a big difference. WGN is a news network that has Cubs games so it would make sense that anyone talking sports is a Cubs fan.

The Score is a sports station that happens to have Sox games. They have to cover all the bases in the Chicago sports world

chisoxfanatic
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
They have to cover all the bases in the Chicago sports world
:?:

But the Cubs are not even part of the Chicago sports world.

Frontman
10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
There's a big difference. WGN is a news network that has Cubs games so it would make sense that anyone talking sports is a Cubs fan.

The Score is a sports station that happens to have Sox games. They have to cover all the bases in the Chicago sports world

It's the same over at ESPN for the local guys; maybe a bit tilted towards the Cubs.

Again, you can't 'make' the radio guys be unbiased; as they got into sports broadcasting because they were fans. If due to how they cover sports bothers you; tune them out.

Matty's allright in my book. Sure he can have a brain fart every once in a while; but all in all he produces a solid show, and is a decent weekend host.

chisoxfanatic
10-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Matty's allright in my book. Sure he can have a brain fart every once in a while; but all in all he produces a solid show, and is a decent weekend host.
He is pretty decent for the most part; but, the best guy on the Score is Jay Zawaski.