PDA

View Full Version : Who went home?

ohiosoxfan
10-02-2008, 07:40 PM
On today's radio broadcast, Stone and Farmer were talking about the playoff roster and said that four of the guys who didn't make the roster chose to go home rather than stay and support the club/take in the playoff experience. This is very disappointing and I wonder who these four were - anybody hear anything? I would be surprised if any of the four are with the organization in the spring.

roylestillman
10-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I saw Wasserman in the dugout. Farmer said of those that didn'y make the roster, four stayed and four went home. That is pretty lame.

Steelrod
10-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Crede?

sox1970
10-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm assuming Crede, Contreras, and Getz don't count toward the eight.

So it's Bourgeois, Broadway, MacDougal, Logan, Phillips, Quentin, Ramirez, and Wassermann.

Quentin and Wassermann are there. I'd say the other two are Phillips and Bourgeois.

DumpJerry
10-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Javy

btrain929
10-02-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll put my paycheck on it that Broadway went home.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2008, 07:56 PM

So it's Bourgeois, Broadway, MacDougal, Logan, Phillips, Quentin, Ramirez, and Wassermann.

Quentin and Wassermann are there. I'd say the other two are Phillips and Bourgeois.

I think MacDougal should stick around if only because he needs to help park cars outside Sox Park on Sunday.
:wink:

:valet
"Hey now! That's my job!!!"

btrain929
10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I heard MacDougal and Logan went home together to get drunk and play Russian Roulette.

he_gone_89
10-02-2008, 07:59 PM

Bourgeois was there, I saw him. Fields isnt there because of surgery. I think Getz isnt there, also because of injury

sox1970
10-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Bourgeois was there, I saw him. Fields isnt there because of surgery. I think Getz isnt there, also because of injury

Fields is on the playoff roster. His surgery will be after the postseason.

daveeym
10-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Just before everyone gets reamed, the sox may very well be prohibited from paying these guys ways for them to attend. Take it for what it is.

Brian26
10-02-2008, 08:07 PM
I heard the same part of the broadcast. Farmer made a pretty big point about it being a bad decision, and Stone agreed with him by calling it a mistake.

Farmer went on to tell a quick story about a pitcher who had been sent down earlier in the year and then came back up and wondered why he had a different locker now, and the pitcher made a big issue of it with the clubhouse manager. Originally I thought it may have been Wassermann, but it sounds like Ehren is still with the team. Could this have been MacDougal or Logan? Farmer implied that this particular pitcher was one of the four that decided to go home.

I thought Farmer also said the Sox offered these guys the chance to sit on the bench and made arrangements for them (meaning, I suppose, that their meal money, rooms, etc were all paid for).

Foulke You
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I heard the same part of the broadcast. Farmer made a pretty big point about it being a bad decision, and Stone agreed with him by calling it a mistake.

Farmer went on to tell a quick story about a pitcher who had been sent down earlier in the year and then came back up and wondered why he had a different locker now, and the pitcher made a big issue of it with the clubhouse manager. Originally I thought it may have been Wassermann, but it sounds like Ehren is still with the team. Could this have been MacDougal or Logan? Farmer implied that this particular pitcher was one of the four that decided to go home.

I thought Farmer also said the Sox offered these guys the chance to sit on the bench and made arrangements for them (meaning, I suppose, that their meal money, rooms, etc were all paid for).
I heard that too. I found it surprising that these guys wouldn't come along for the ride. With injuries being a part of the game, one of those guys could have made the team for the ALCS (should we get there). You think the Sox will call upon the guys that stayed or the guys that left to go home first if an injury occurs? Idiots. Also, you are very lucky to be an MLB player and to have an experience in the dugout for a chance to go to the World Series and be with your team is an opportunity most of us would kill for. You have to question the passion or love of the game for the guys that decided to go home.

turners56
10-02-2008, 08:52 PM
It's probably Boone Logan.

pczarapa
10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
It's probably Boone Logan.

I'd rather not have Boone Logan or McDougal contaminating the pen

MushMouth
10-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Who can forget BA going ape**** during Pods home run? What a great moment. Can't imagine going home and missing playoff games...

turners56
10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Who can forget BA going ape**** during Pods home run? What a great moment. Can't imagine going home and missing playoff games...

BA: OH MY GOD!!!!
Rowand: NO WAY! NO WAY!
Both: Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
BA: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

GoGoCrede
10-02-2008, 09:02 PM
BA: OH MY GOD!!!!
Rowand: NO WAY! NO WAY!
Both: Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
BA: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Complete with the two of them jumping into each other's arms and BA jumping around excitedly. One of my favorite moments.

MHOUSE
10-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't know why any 20-something baseball player (and likely fan anyways) wouldn't want to sit in the dugout for a playoff series if offered a spot. Hell, I'd pay my own way to do that. Can I have one of their 4 spots? Dibs!

SBSoxFan
10-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't know why any 20-something baseball player (and likely fan anyways) wouldn't want to sit in the dugout for a playoff series if offered a spot. Hell, I'd pay my own way to do that. Can I have one of their 4 spots? Dibs!

I was thinking about this today. If I was a player and told I wasn't going to be on the playoff roster, the first thing out of my mouth would be: "Can I still stay?"

nccwsfan
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I heard that too. I found it surprising that these guys wouldn't come along for the ride. With injuries being a part of the game, one of those guys could have made the team for the ALCS (should we get there). You think the Sox will call upon the guys that stayed or the guys that left to go home first if an injury occurs? Idiots. Also, you are very lucky to be an MLB player and to have an experience in the dugout for a chance to go to the World Series and be with your team is an opportunity most of us would kill for. You have to question the passion or love of the game for the guys that decided to go home.

Agreed on all points. If they were offered a chance to be with the team and decided to go home it shows their commitment to their teammates and the organization. Hopefully KW will show them the door this offseason.

pudge
10-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Bourgeois was right in the middle of the pile for the division title celebration, which I thought was hilarious considering I thought he was a bat boy when he first stepped to the plate in New York. I thought it was impressive he'd be so into the division title.

Konerko05
10-03-2008, 03:51 AM
I'm only counting seven guys who would qualify. Wasserman, Bourgeois, Phillips, Broadway, Ramirez, Macdougal, and Logan. Who is the eighth guy?

Wasserman, and Bourgeois have already been spotted in the dugout.

I'd put my money on three of them being Macdougal, Logan, and Ramirez. They all probably thought they should have made the roster, threw hissy fits, and decided to go home.