PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Boston/Fenway tomorrow!

Foulke You
05-17-2002, 04:03 PM
I'm flying out to Boston tomorrow and will be present for all 3 games in beantown mon-wed. I promise I'll bring home at least 2 out of 3 wins. However, I can't promise that the BoSox fans will let me out of Fenway alive wearing my Keith Foulke Sox jersey and Sox hat. I know Foulkesfan11 is going to be at one of these games too so WSI will be representin' in Boston. Is anyone else from this board going to be in Boston for the White/Red Sox showdown? I'll try to find someplace in Boston where I can get internet access and give you guys a WSI "update from the trenches". Ritchie, Wright, and Garland will be going for our Sox.

:hawk
I loooove visiting the Carmines!

Spiff
05-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I'm flying out to Boston tomorrow and will be present for all 3 games in beantown mon-wed. I promise I'll bring home at least 2 out of 3 wins. However, I can't promise that the BoSox fans will let me out of Fenway alive wearing my Keith Foulke Sox jersey and Sox hat. I know Foulkesfan11 is going to be at one of these games too so WSI will be representin' in Boston. Is anyone else from this board going to be in Boston for the White/Red Sox showdown? I'll try to find someplace in Boston where I can get internet access and give you guys a WSI "update from the trenches". Ritchie, Wright, and Garland will be going for our Sox.

:hawk
I loooove visiting the Carmines!

I was gonna go to one of them but I thought this was finals week (turns out it's not, doh) when we were thinking about getting tickets.

I went to a game a couple years ago with a White Sox hat and jacket, and nobody really cared. That was the game after Belle plowed into Mark Lemke and Albert got extra boos (Sox lost too).

Have fun walking around Boston and Fenway (which smells like piss and sausages). I don't know how often you go there, but it's fun to park somewhere and ride the T to the park. Just make sure you get on the train going in the direction you want (mistake I've made before).

RedPinStripes
05-17-2002, 04:25 PM
Have fun! I need to go to bean town some time soon. I love the old ball parks! And i like the RedSox as long as they're not playing the White Sox.

Foulke You
05-17-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

I was gonna go to one of them but I thought this was finals week (turns out it's not, doh) when we were thinking about getting tickets.

I went to a game a couple years ago with a White Sox hat and jacket, and nobody really cared. That was the game after Belle plowed into Mark Lemke and Albert got extra boos (Sox lost too).

Have fun walking around Boston and Fenway (which smells like piss and sausages). I don't know how often you go there, but it's fun to park somewhere and ride the T to the park. Just make sure you get on the train going in the direction you want (mistake I've made before).

Actually, this will be my first trip to Fenway. We planned on taking the T to the park. Thanks for the advice. Are the stations marked like Chicago's "L" stops or is it more confusing? Any good restaurants or bars around the park?

Chisox_cali
05-17-2002, 04:32 PM
I just hope your trip to see the Sox go a little better than mine :smile:

Have Fun!

Foulke You
05-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I just hope your trip to see the Sox go a little better than mine :smile:

Have Fun!

Hey, as long as the Sox are out of California, we're OK! Maybe the east coast will have an opposite effect on our players? Boston is playing good ball right now though...

Chisox_cali
05-17-2002, 04:37 PM

Hey, as long as the Sox are out of California, we're OK! Maybe the east coast will have an opposite effect on our players? Boston is playing good ball right now though...

Here's to hoping... :gulp:

dougs78
05-17-2002, 04:40 PM
Go to a little vendor cart on Landsdowne street behind the Green Monster. You can't miss anyone who calls himself "The SausageGuy". Some seriously tasty sausages too. Check out his website... www.sausageguy.com

enjoy the park...its my favorite in the bigs.

Cheryl
05-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Yeah, the Sausage Guy. The food in the ballpark is crap. Also, a map of the T:

http://www.mbta.com/schedmaps/subway/index.cfm

Spiff
05-17-2002, 05:00 PM

Actually, this will be my first trip to Fenway. We planned on taking the T to the park. Thanks for the advice. Are the stations marked like Chicago's "L" stops or is it more confusing? Any good restaurants or bars around the park?

There is a map here if you don't already have one.

http://www.mbta.com/schedmaps/subway/index.cfm

Edit: Cheryl beat me to it while I was typing this... :smile:

It can be confusing.

Just have to make sure you get on the right train, in this case "D" and it is going in the right direction. The stations are easy enough to identify when you stop, there are signs and maps in each station that you can see from the window.

Last time I went into Boston was to go to the Fleet Center. We parked in Riverside (way out to the left) and took the D to North Station. It cost like $1.25 going in. What confused me though was they make you convert your dollars into those new golden dollar coins with Sacajawea to put them in the machine. Watch out for that little bit of aggrivation. Afterward it was free going back to Riverside, except we got on the one going out to Lechmere, so we had to get off at the end, go around the station and get back on the one going the right way, which was still free.

As far as bars and restaurants, I am not too familiar with them but there are tons (and there is always Cheers, heh). The streets are always crowded, the traffic barely moves and there's lots of street vendors and program pushers. There is a really big, really nice souvenir store (the name escapes me) across the street, it's one of my favorite parts of going to Fenway.

Also there are tons and tons of pigeons in that city. It's unbelievable.

Foulke You
05-17-2002, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll have to visit that sausage stand guy too...mmmmmm...sausage! I'm hungry.

Zednem700
05-17-2002, 09:15 PM
My last final, ever is Wednesday so I'll be going Wednesday night and maybe Monday as well. DEFINITELY take the T, its real easy and cheap, a token is only a dollar. I've never had to convert my dollars into the dollar coins, but I guess there might be a station or two that only has a machine that does it that way. Basically all you have to do is get on the Green Line and get off at Kenmore Square. its pretty simple, I think every train except the E goes to Kenmore, but I'm not sure. There will be signs too so you shouldn't have too much trouble. If you have trouble you can always just ask someone or follow the mobs of people in Red Sox regalia.

Fenway is great, and surprisingly small. I've gone to quite a few games when the White Sox were in town and I've never had any trouble showing my support. Like all parks the bleachers are most likely to be the site of trouble, but fights are pretty rare mainly because tickets are so damn expensive. Hope you have a good time while you're in town.