PDA

View Full Version : Don Orsillo feedback

Fenway
10-02-2008, 06:26 AM
For the next few days you will be hearing play by play by NESN (Red Sox) announcer Don Orsillo on TBS.

I am curious on how you will react to him.

At least you don't have to deal with Chip Caray.......

NDSox12
10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
For the next few days you will be hearing play by play by NESN (Red Sox) announcer Don Orsillo on TBS.

I've heard him many times on Extra Innings and think he's one of the best play by play guys around, so I was very happy when I saw he would be calling these games.

Sockinchisox
10-02-2008, 08:06 AM
I already know Orsillo is solid.

seventyseven
10-02-2008, 08:43 AM
I've heard him many times on Extra Innings and think he's one of the best play by play guys around, so I was very happy when I saw he would be calling these games.

Agree 100%

harwar
10-02-2008, 09:01 AM

Same here .. I say THANK GOD we got Orsillo .. i'm a big fan .. i'd like to see him do the red sox broadcasts with Wally and let Remdog sit in tht little chair ..
those other guys on tbs are not very good ..
I was actually happier with the espn guys tuesday .. they,at least,were showing some emotion and were all caught up in the big gram slam .. they couldn't contain their excitement and seemed to be really enjoying themselves ..

EastCoastSoxFan
10-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Do we know who the color man will be...?

champagne030
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Orsillo is good, but I still cannot stand listening to the Red Sox on Extra Innings because Remy makes DJ sound like a Vin Scully in his prime.

illini81887
10-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Harold Reynolds will also be on the broadcast

Chisox353014
10-02-2008, 11:19 AM
As long as it's not Berman or Buck, I'll be happy.

EuroSox35
10-03-2008, 02:40 AM
I really liked Harold Reynolds. I have no problem with Don, sometimes I think he can be a little boring (both on the Red Sox broadcasts and if you were turned away you might not have noticed the Sox scored during their HRs) but overall he did fine

Adele_H
10-03-2008, 03:00 AM

Honestly...

As long as the Sox are winning, I don't care if Helen Keller is in the booth.

In fact she'd represent a marked improvement over most commentators out there.

whitesox901
10-03-2008, 03:18 PM
I am a fan of him and his work

EuroSox35
10-03-2008, 10:40 PM
The one thing I wish they'd do is make any mention of Carlos Quentin. MVP candidate, give the guy his due! Maybe it's to make me feel a little giddy for the future as I watch this terrible offense, but yeah, old and slow HR or nothing offense goes over a little better with a guy like Quentin healthy...

DumpJerry
10-03-2008, 10:42 PM
The one thing I wish they'd do is make any mention of Carlos Quentin. MVP candidate, give the guy his due! Maybe it's to make me feel a little giddy for the future as I watch this terrible offense, but yeah, old and slow HR or nothing offense goes over a little better with a guy like Quentin healthy...
The votes have been cast already.

Foulke You
10-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Orsillo was solid but I didn't care for Harold Reynolds all that much though. I never liked Reynolds when he was on ESPN and I don't like him doing TV color work.

hawkjt
10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
He was solid...Harold was a little too out there but ok.
I did not like the obsession that TBS and the crew had with always fascinating catwalks and grid work of the dome....who the hell cares?
It is ugly and should be ignored or hidden,not focused on for half the game.

Medford Bobby
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
At least he has only called Boston Globe sports writer Amalie Benjamin "Emily Brown" only once......:wink:

tacosalbarojas
10-04-2008, 01:33 AM
He was solid...Harold was a little too out there but ok.
I did not like the obsession that TBS and the crew had with always fascinating catwalks and grid work of the dome....who the hell cares?
It is ugly and should be ignored or hidden,not focused on for half the game.Agreed. Reynolds also went on far too long about his insistence that Kazmir hit OC on purpose to start the game.