PDA

View Full Version : Halladay Available?

dougs78
05-17-2002, 03:13 PM
Two quotes from an article on Sportsline.com
Baseball Weekly recently reported that the entire Toronto Blue Jays roster is on the trading block except for Vernon Wells, Felipe Lopez and Eric Hinske.
and...
However, the value of starting pitcher Roy Halladay would increase if dealt to a contender. Seattle has expressed interest in him as well as closer Kelvim Escobar. Halladay is already off to a good start, going 3-1 with a 3.46 ERA after eight starts.
Halladay would be an outstanding pickup in my opinion, even better than Weaver. He just turned 25 years old, only earns 2.5 million this year (not sure how long it runs) and is 3-1 with a 3.46 era for the Jays. Knowing the Jays, the would be after a load of prospects, but hey, this might be one thats worth it.

RedPinStripes
05-17-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
Two quotes from an article on URL=http://baseball101.fantasy.sportsline.com/mp/pro-news?league=zero&owner=&random=3473&key=249&]Sportsline.com[/URL]

and...

Halladay would be an outstanding pickup in my opinion, even better than Weaver. He just turned 25 years old, only earns 2.5 million this year (not sure how long it runs) and is 3-1 with a 3.46 era for the Jays. Knowing the Jays, the would be after a load of prospects, but hey, this might be one thats worth it.

I doubt Toranto wants to do buisness with the Sox. lol

CerberusWG
05-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Get Plesac :D

Yes, joke. We have two lefties anyways.

doublem23
05-17-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
We have two lefties anyways.

And?

If the Jays would do some business with the Sox, I would try and nab Halladay, if possible.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-17-2002, 05:57 PM
Maybe KW can deal them Parque? What? You don't think they can fall for it twice? :smile:

guillen4life13
05-17-2002, 06:27 PM
i'd say that they should send buford, and that other whatshisface they just picked up and a player to be named.

Garrison
05-17-2002, 06:39 PM
I would like to nab Halladay. Trading those three minor leaguers we picked up would be nice b/c at least it's nobody important. Send Parque too. They'll fall for it. I just want a starter without giving up too much talent or too much of the farm. This would be a cheap and easy way to do it. Maybe dump one of our big salaries? 2.5 million (Halladay) is pretty decent. Our pitching staff has one of the lowest payrolls in the bigs. Just stating that, I don't think we need to spend more or anything.