PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else suffering from White Sox withdrawal?

kitekrazy
10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
After last night watching the team and the fans at the Cell, I just can't get enough.

Even after last year's dismal season that first week of October was tough because the Sox season was over. It was by habit that I started to check what channel they were on.

Baseball is probably the only sport that still holds an interest in the offseason. There's no waiting for a draft. Trades, releases, free agency all start to happen. It's a business that doesn't stop.

B&B on the SCORE were pointing out last nights game is what makes baseball so great. You have to stop and think how great last night was. How often do you see where a team has to play 3 different teams in 3 days.

jabrch
10-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't mind a night off...

Sockinchisox
10-01-2008, 09:54 PM
No, today was very relaxing, a day of postseason baseball without having to worry.

Revolutn
10-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Yes.

And yet.....I don't think I could have taken much more.

I can use the night off....besides....there's tears :whiner: in mudville tonight, so that's enough to sustain me for this evening.

We get our chance tomorrow afternoon.....damn you work...you really interfere with my day Sox.

getonbckthr
10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Honestly, NO! Since the series in Minnesota I have been so attached and crazy that today was great. I woke up for work at 230 am, got there around 3. Took my time on my route paced myself and finished around 1130. Got home around noon. Took a nap for an hour woke up and took a shower. Watched Philly- Milw with no rooting interest and just enjoyed the game for what it was. I realize starting tommorow from the moment I wake up for work my focus will be split between work and Sox. Today was a great free day to just relax.

soxwon
10-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Early november ill be burned out, after the Rally at Daley Plaza.

turners56
10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
No. I got to enjoy a Cub roasting tonight.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2008, 10:02 PM
It was nice to have a day to relax.

BoysMom3
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
No. I was on a White Sox high all day. Now I'm ready for tomorrow's game.

hawkjt
10-01-2008, 10:52 PM
The Buzz from last nite just would not quit all day.
But now, after watching the Cubs get hammered I am starting to fret a bit about losing tomorrow which statistically really puts any team in a bind for a the series. Winning tomorrow would be monumental. I admit I am very spoiled having watched 13 postgame shows on Comcast since the playoffs started in 05 and only having to suffer one time. 12-1 including last nite.
That spoils a fan. I dread losing any playoff game. It sends the whole psyche into a tailspin. Right now cub fans are panic city.
I have humble goals right now...I want two home games in this series. I will start there.

chisoxmike
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Actually, today was a nice day off. I went to the games Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Three high stress games a in a row...nice to give the head and liver a day off.

Brian26
10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
B&B on the SCORE were pointing out last nights game is what makes baseball so great. You have to stop and think how great last night was. How often do you see where a team has to play 3 different teams in 3 days.

This is why sports talk-radio is for people who can't think for themselves. Do you really need someone on the radio to point out to you the significance of last night's game? That's not something you couldn't formulate on your own while watching the game or about ten minutes after the game ended?

Brian26
10-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Actually, today was a nice day off. I went to the games Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Three high stress games a in a row...nice to give the head and liver a day off.

I did the same thing. Four games in five days, including the rain delay on Monday. I'm wiped out. I feel like I've been living on the Green Line since Friday.

illini81887
10-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Today was a much well deserved and earned day off. Needed for players, coaches, front office peeps and fans

geraldfritz
10-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I definitely do not mind the off day. I was at school all day, so if they played I would have missed it. Tomorrow I have a test at 1pm, and I get to go home and watch the majority of the game, and then go to work at 5. Then I am off on friday, and have my sister's wedding to go to on saturday, (Thank god it is an off day) then i have sunday off. SO I am freakin ecstatic.

oeo
10-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Nope. After the last three days of do or die, I'm glad there's a night off. It's been a stressful few days.

hawkjt
10-02-2008, 12:16 AM
I definitely do not mind the off day. I was at school all day, so if they played I would have missed it. Tomorrow I have a test at 1pm, and I get to go home and watch the majority of the game, and then go to work at 5. Then I am off on friday, and have my sister's wedding to go to on saturday, (Thank god it is an off day) then i have sunday off. SO I am freakin ecstatic.

Congrats to the happy couple. May their first born be named Toby.

guillensdisciple
10-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Massive withdrawal, I am on a HUGE sox high at the moment and I need more. Regardless of what happens, I just need to see the sox play.

Adele_H
10-02-2008, 12:52 AM

Oh ya.

After feeling like giving up on baseball after that horrendeous display of CHOKERY in Minnesota, further compounded by the laying down to the Indians on Friday & Saturday by the entire pitching staff.....

Seeing things magically unfold as they have in the last 3 days... The rollercoaster was worth it. Crazy fung!

(In fact, on some level, it's preferrable to the feeling I bet a lot of Bulls fans had when they knew if Jordan played, Bulls would be champions. How magical)