PDA

View Full Version : I hate MLB.TV

downstairs
10-01-2008, 05:27 PM
So these playoff games count as national blackout games. What the heck is with that? I'm not going to watch MLB.TV if I had access to a television! I got MLB.TV so I could watch in the damn office!

This really has to be addressed. Internet is not a competition with TV. You think I really want to watch the games in choppy, low-resolution if I had a choice?

(Sorry... had to rant here).

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Nationally televised games are never on the web, especially playoff games.

That said, you can watch, for free, a live feed (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/hotcorner/index.jsp).

ChicagoG19
10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
check your pm

EuroSox35
10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
That sucks, I could've sworn one of the things MLB.TV was advertising was 'the rest of the regular AND the entire postseason'

dllrbll7
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Is anyone not getting sound on the TBS internet feed??

mccoydp
10-01-2008, 06:39 PM
I got burned by this same issue last year. I made sure I cut my subscription before it renewed today.

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Is anyone not getting sound on the TBS internet feed??

That's on purpose. It's not meant to televise the games online as much as to augment the TV broadcast. Thus, you get ambient sound with different video feeds [pitcher, hitter, dugout, whatever]. It's a cool feature, sure, but they should have both.

Trav
10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
MLB has been a huge pain in the butt for me. Between blackouts (I don't have cable) and a huge lag/ choppiness, it was a huge waste of money for me. That TBS stream is useful. I would have went to class today if I would have known I could have watched the game online.

scarsofthumper
10-03-2008, 11:45 AM
That sucks, I could've sworn one of the things MLB.TV was advertising was 'the rest of the regular AND the entire postseason'
They always advertised the postseason as Gameday Audio, and games video archived 45 minutes after the game concludes.

esbrechtel
10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
MLB has been a huge pain in the butt for me. Between blackouts (I don't have cable) and a huge lag/ choppiness, it was a huge waste of money for me. That TBS stream is useful. I would have went to class today if I would have known I could have watched the game online.

The only negative about the Hot Coner is that the cameras are fixed...you cannot see what occurs in the field. You see the pitcher throw the ball, the ball get hit then you just have to wait to see if the guy stays on base or if he gets thrown out...