PDA

View Full Version : Celizic with (another) gag-inducing article

mccoydp
10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26964124/

MSNBC's favorite Northeastern baseball fan at it again with his desired World Series matchups.

Take note of the many shots he takes at the White Sox. Pathetic nobodies? I think not. :angry:

SOXPHILE
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I like how he says a White Sox-Phillies series cuts off anyone east of the Mississippi. I think that should be reserved for a potential Red Sox-Phillies series, which would actually cut off anyone west of Pennsylvania.

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Clearly this guy is an absolute idiot. The White Sox don't have "nationally known" players? What do you call Jim Thome and Ken Griffey, Jr.?

DumpJerry
10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
He has no idea what he's talking about. Boston is the most popular team in baseball because they draw well on the road? Give me a break. Their Dead Head fans follow them on the road. They don't have a following outside the Massachusetts' zip codes.

Comiskey is a "black hole?" What is he talking about? Has he ever been here? He also completely missed the 1959 rematch angle with a White Sox/Dodgers World Series. He also disses the Dodgers while ignoring what the team has done since they got Manny.

Finally, who died and appointed this goof the arbiter of what people west of the Appalachian Mountains want to see?

eriqjaffe
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Comiskey is a "black hole?" What is he talking about?I'm sure he means that it looks that way because of the 40,000 fans all wearing black.

Ex-Chicagoan
10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I like how he says a White Sox-Phillies series cuts off anyone east of the Mississippi.

Right. Because Chicagoans have watched the Sox games on KWGN all year.

Idiot.

TommyJohn
10-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Every year some joke of a writer churns out stuff like this to show off his wit. I won't read it, I don't need the aggravation. The White Sox are going to have sneering haters no matter how many games or titles they win. In that way, they are like the Yankees. :redneck

DSpivack
10-01-2008, 04:43 PM
I like how he says a White Sox-Phillies series cuts off anyone east of the Mississippi. I think that should be reserved for a potential Red Sox-Phillies series, which would actually cut off anyone west of Pennsylvania.

Right. Because Chicagoans have watched the Sox games on KWGN all year.

Idiot.

To be fair, he said west. But that would be true with any series not involving either Los Angeles team.

thomas35forever
10-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Clearly this guy is an absolute idiot. The White Sox don't have "nationally known" players? What do you call Jim Thome and Ken Griffey, Jr.?
Retired.