PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Playoff Tickets

kevingrt
10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Considering the Sox are still offering the "Playoff Payoff" plan where you put down a deposit towards next season and guarentee yourself tickets to all ALDS games, 1 ALCS game, and 1 WS game, and if they don't sell out of these plans, won't there be tickets available for Sunday and Monday (in necessary)?

I'm just wondering they cannot guarantee these people who want to buy the plan tickets if the place is already sold out. So they have not sold all the tickets to the ALDS games yet. I'm hoping they open up the ticket windows early Sunday or Monday and release the few (probably a couple thousand) tickets they have left.

Then again I should just buy the plan.

nasox
10-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Can you buy the plan, as in put a deposit on tickets, and then just not pay the balance and not get tickets next year? This would simply be like paying the deposit, paying for post season tickets, and then not getting tickets for next year and forfeiting the deposit as a sort of PSL for the playoffs.

kevingrt
10-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Can you buy the plan, as in put a deposit on tickets, and then just not pay the balance and not get tickets next year? This would simply be like paying the deposit, paying for post season tickets, and then not getting tickets for next year and forfeiting the deposit as a sort of PSL for the playoffs.

I am pretty sure you can do that. Weird but yeah.

comet2k
10-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Sure, you can do that, but it's a $500 non-refundable deposit for each ticket. The deposit can only be redeemed for ticket plans.

kevingrt
10-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Sure, you can do that, but it's a $500 non-refundable deposit for each ticket. The deposit can only be redeemed for ticket plans.

Yeah but if you really want to go to each game and think the Sox are going to make the World Series you more then make up the money you would have spent using StubHub or some other scalper.