PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from the Sox.....got the from Brooks

Parrothead
10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Sox fans and WSI Members,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the great support of the team over the past few days. When we lost our fifth straight last Saturday, we were all hanging by a thread but we still had a chance. To beat Cleveland, Detroit and Minnesota in consecutive days was nothing short of amazing on the field. Off the field, I tip my cap to all of you and all of our fans for the great support given to this team. The crowds were on every pitch and inserted an amazing amount of energy into the team and the atmosphere. Alexei’s slam on Monday leading to the “Blackout” on Tuesday are experiences that none of us will forget. Thanks for creating lasting memories for all White Sox fans.

That was truly “Sharing the Pride and Showing the Swagger.”

Thank you fans for the continued support and let’s hope we can keep the ball rolling.

Brooks
Chicago White Sox
2008 AL Central Champions

Edit: (title should read "got this from Brooks")

Marqhead
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Heres to you Brooks! :gulp:

dagame2005
10-01-2008, 12:32 PM
It was definitely a pleasure going to the last 3 games!

kevingrt
10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I was at all three games and it was awesome. Brook is awesome.

angiew
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Simply Awesome

Parrothead
10-01-2008, 08:14 PM
I am shocked there is not more love for Brooks. :o: He is good guy who cares.

spiffie
10-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Isn't this a copyright violation?

Brian26
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't doubt the validity of the letter, but why is Brooks sending messages to WSI through Parrothead? :scratch:

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't doubt the validity of the letter, but why is Brooks sending messages to WSI through Parrothead? :scratch:
I didn't get the email. Hmmm.

Jjav829
10-01-2008, 08:32 PM

Brooks is a huge Jimmy Buffett fan.

Brian26
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Brooks is a huge Jimmy Buffett fan.

Or Windy City Thunderbolts? :shrug:

Dibbs
10-01-2008, 09:55 PM
The pleasure is all on this side of the table.

Parrothead
10-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Or Windy City Thunderbolts? :shrug:

Not sure about that since he has not been to a game but he does get updates from me. Ask him about Peanut Williams he will know who told you to ask.

I know him and he asked me to forward it on. That is why.

Vernam
10-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't doubt the validity of the letter, but why is Brooks sending messages to WSI through Parrothead? :scratch:You mean, as opposed to sending them via Brian Anderson's doorman? :redneck

One of the only sour notes in yesterday's post-game coverage was when Josh Mora on CSN said the fans had "all but deserted" the Sox last weekend. :bs: These were some great crowds, and not just in the tiebreaker. I think Brooks, AJ, and the others were sincere in saying how much they appreciated the support. To me, it was phenomenal -- a sign that this franchise really did turn a corner in the past few years.

Vernam

jabrch
10-01-2008, 10:31 PM
You mean, as opposed to sending them via Brian Anderson's doorman? :redneck

One of the only sour notes in yesterday's post-game coverage was when Josh Mora on CSN said the fans had "all but deserted" the Sox last weekend. :bs: These were some great crowds, and not just in the tiebreaker. I think Brooks, AJ, and the others were sincere in saying how much they appreciated the support. To me, it was phenomenal -- a sign that this franchise really did turn a corner in the past few years.

Vernam

Keep in mind there were posters on this site making the arguement that Brooks had no business trying to come on the radio and sell the remaining few tickets available for the Detroit game - and that he was discrediting himself by being optimistic.

Vernam
10-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Keep in mind there were posters on this site making the arguement that Brooks had no business trying to come on the radio and sell the remaining few tickets available for the Detroit game - and that he was discrediting himself by being optimistic.Yep, I saw those posts, and when I can bear it, I sometimes even hear those people talking to Ronge. But I refuse to believe they define what it is to be a Sox fan. The people I talked to and sat with on Monday and Tuesday were phenomenal. I don't know how many teams would have packed the park for a make-up game like that, and I don't really care. The enthusiasm speaks for itself. I'm not comparing our fans to any others in terms of quality or quantity. Just saying that the quality was evident, and I believe the players (and Boyer) were sincere in their appreciation.

Honestly, I don't know who these people are who make asses of themselves on the radio and in the game threads. I don't meet many like that in real life, thank god. :shrug:

Jabrch, do you think the fans "all but deserted" the Sox? I still think that statement of Mora's was completely uncalled for, regardless of the most vocal cranks.

And regarding Boyer's call after Monday's game -- which I did hear -- it seems a lot more fans got fired up by the "blackout" than got offended by the sales pitch. Hey, it's a business. **** 'em if they don't like it. The place would've sold out yesterday with or without that call to Ronge.

Vernam