itsnotrequired
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
what's the problem?

It's Time
10-01-2008, 12:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/

sox1970
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
For the next week, I'm almost as big of a Dodgers fan as a Sox fan.

Not really, but you know what I mean.

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Don't worry! We're in the playoffs too! It's time to focus on the SOX!!!

And, did any of you see the little video to the right of the "Top 10 Reasons the Cubs WON'T win it all?" Hilarious!

bigsoxfan420
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
I get my sports news from this great web site, whitesoxinteractive.com. You guys heard of it? :redneck

Daver
10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I get my sports news from this great web site, whitesoxinteractive.com. You guys heard of it? :redneck

Got a link?

cws05champ
10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
We basically got two full days of wall to wall National media coverage because there was no other game in town. The Cub love is gonna exist...deal with it. It's a story and there are a lot of Cub fans so thats why they're doing it.

palehozenychicty
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
It is what it is. I know that ESPN is dying for a Cubs-Sawx WS, but none of them picked the Phils to win in the LCS?

They've only had the last two league MVPs and would've had three if Utley didn't slow down in mid-summer, with a reasonably good rotation and pen.

Billy Ashley
10-04-2008, 11:21 AM
It is what it is. I know that ESPN is dying for a Cubs-Sawx WS, but none of them picked the Phils to win in the LCS?

They've only had the last two league MVPs and would've had three if Utley didn't slow down in mid-summer, with a reasonably good rotation and pen.

Most of the experts picked LAAAAAAAAAA to beat the sox, so I don't think that had anything to do with them picking the Cubs.

The entire anti white sox ESPN thing is really really lame. Rob Neyer posted a blog yesterday about how of the teams down 0-2 the White Sox have the best chance to come back given that they have a often times dominate starter for game 3 and are playing games 3 and 4 at home. He stated this despite that fact that the Angels won 100 games this season and that the Cubs were seen by many as an almost slam dunk for the World Series going in.

As far as the disrespect going into this season- Baseball Prospectus and the better analysts on ESPN didn't seen Danks making the strides he did this season. They also liked Quentin but didn't envision him being such a fantastic player so soon... can we really fault them? The White Sox going into this season was a team with an aging core surrounded by some very nice high upside young players. The young players have panned out (something that doesn't happen that often) and 2008 has been a very special year for the White Sox. Furthermore, the future looks bright for the ball club. I don't think any of these so called anti white sox analysts would dispute any of that.