PDA

View Full Version : Central Division Champions Hats

BV2005
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Anyone have any luck on buying the central division champion hats for the white sox today. I've been to sports authority and pro jersey and neither of them had any.

I asked why nobody had any and they said that MLB uses the same hats for all the division chamions and since the sox were the last team to clinch, their weren't many hats to go around.

ChiSoxFan81
10-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Anyone have any luck on buying the central division champion hats for the white sox today. I've been to sports authority and pro jersey and neither of them had any.

I asked why nobody had any and they said that MLB uses the same hats for all the division chamions and since the sox were the last team to clinch, their weren't many hats to go around.

Seems reasonable. All they do is sew patches onto the hats.

chisoxmike
10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
****. I noticed on the Sox site, they are not selling them. :(:

DaveFeelsRight
10-01-2008, 01:15 PM
im gonna head over to sports authority to see if they got the shirts/hats in

Rocky Soprano
10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
****. I noticed on the Sox site, they are not selling them. :(:

They had them last night, guess they sold out.

chisoxfan83
10-01-2008, 01:25 PM
grandstand had them last night

DaveFeelsRight
10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
every stand/store in the park had em last night. but i didnt have any money to pick one up :(:

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Grandstand sold out of both the caps and shirts last night. They were receiving a new shipment of shirts this morning, and caps were coming in Thursday.

The Sox gift shop sold out of the caps, and maybe the shirts as well last night.

mrfourni
10-01-2008, 01:32 PM

I waited about a month after the Sox won the WS. They tend to discount things rather quickly. I imagine the Central Division shirts/hats will be the same way.

esbrechtel
10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
I went to sports authority to pick up a tshirt but was told they would not be carrying any White Sox playoffs apparel because they sponsor the cubs. I was told by 2 store managers at this location.....I promptly walked out and will not be shopping there ever again :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

jabrch
10-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I went to sports authority to pick up a tshirt but was told they would not be carrying any White Sox playoffs apparel because they sponsor the cubs. I was told by 2 store managers at this location.....I promptly walked out and will not be shopping there ever again :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Are you serious? Wow - that's bold...

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 01:41 PM

Wow, that's just bad business. Even Grandstand carries all of the Cubs championship gear.

Rockabilly
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
if that is true I will NEVER shop at Sports Authority again...

jabrch
10-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow, that's just bad business. Even Grandstand carries all of the Cubs championship gear.

That's insanely bad business. You can buy a Cubs hat at the New Era Cap store in USCF, I think...

MeteorsSox4367
10-01-2008, 01:46 PM

Shoot. Grandstand even has two stinkin' signs in its window about carrying Cubs' stuff. One of the signs is even in the east window on Wallace facing the Cell.

SOXPHILE
10-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Don't know if that's true or not about SA not carrying any Sox stuff because they sponsor the Cubs. I did just run over at lunchtime to the Schaumburg location, and they had a sign on the door saying they didn't have any of the merchandise yet.

I can't see how this thing about not carrying any Sox stuff is true. I've purchased quite a bit of Sox merchandise there, even as recently as a month ago.

siugrad25
10-01-2008, 01:54 PM
I was going to head out to Sports Authority today out here in Naperville after work, but it sounds like hat/t-shirts either aren't in stock or will be arriving tomorrow? I guess I have to wait :(

esbrechtel
10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I don't believe that they would do that maybe the store manager was being a jerk but there are two locations close to my house and one of the locations NEVER has any sox stuff....either way there is a Dick's Sporting goods really close so they will be getting all of my business

I wouldn't say all of the sports authorities would follow this rule but this one bad experience has made me never want to even look at another location for anything ever...

esbrechtel
10-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Don't know if that's true or not about SA not carrying any Sox stuff because they sponsor the Cubs. I did just run over at lunchtime to the Schaumburg location, and they had a sign on the door saying they didn't have any of the merchandise yet.

I can't see how this thing about not carrying any Sox stuff is true. I've purchased quite a bit of Sox merchandise there, even as recently as a month ago.

I am not saying all Sports Authorities are like this, but I have no reason to lie about what the store manager told me :dunno:

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I am not saying all Sports Authorities are like this, but I have no reason to lie about what the store manager told me :dunno:

Maybe he was Bizzaro Hangar....

Railsplitter
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
T-shirts available at Stratford Square Mall.

esbrechtel
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
T-shirts available at Stratford Square Mall.

That is actually where I ended up getting them at "Plaques Plus" I also told him my Sports Authority story....it was at the Sports Authority over by Target on Army Trail Road

chisoxmike
10-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Went to the Sports Authority downtown.

They have the shirts on a table in the store. The rest of the store is filled with Cubs glee, hats, shirts, sweatshirts, jersey's, and a magical atmosphere.

Go Cubs Go!

JB98
10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
MC Sports in North Aurora has the T-Shirts, but no hats. The clerk said they hoped to get a shipment tomorrow. She took my name and number and said they would call when the hats come in.

Sports Authority in Geneva has nothing but Cubbie crap. Apparently, they aren't too interested in getting business from Sox fans.

JB98
10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
went to the sports authority downtown.

They have the shirts on a table in the store. The rest of the store is filled with cubs glee, hats, shirts, sweatshirts, jersey's, and a magical atmosphere.

go cubs go!

lol.

Rohan
10-01-2008, 02:44 PM

They might have just been screwing with you... I've seen sox stuff and cubs stuff alike at sports authority...

daveeym
10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
They might have just been screwing with you... I've seen sox stuff and cubs stuff alike at sports authority...
That's what I'm guessing. I was just at a Sports Authority on Monday and they were loaded with Sox gear. Almost picked myself up a Sox hat. This sounds like a Hangar story to me.

Sox4ever77
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
That's what I'm guessing. I was just at a Sports Authority on Monday and they were loaded with Sox gear. Almost picked myself up a Sox hat. This sounds like a Hangar story to me.

Newbie here. What does that mean?

esbrechtel
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Even if they were screwing with me, that is really stupid business. Why is it so hard to say, we just dont have any. I by no means am Flubsessed, you can take a look at my post history and see that I am not making up some crappy story. The store manager told me what he did, and like I said I am not saying anything bad about Sports Authority in general, I am saying bad things about this particular location, never once did I say that we should boycott

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Even if they were screwing with me, that is really stupid business, why is it so hard to say, we just dont have any...I by no means am Flubsessed you can take a look at my post history and see that I am not making up some crappy story

I believe you. Sounds like the manager was just screwing with you.

SOXPHILE
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM

Not saying you did. Just thinking that it's pretty dumb /goofy of them to tell you that. You're there and you were going to give them some business, and that manager tells you that ? What a jackass.

daveeym
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Newbie here. What does that mean?
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=738418

Read any of the "stupid cub fan moment" threads about midway down the page.

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Went to the Sports Authority downtown.

They have the shirts on a table in the store. The rest of the store is filled with Cubs glee, hats, shirts, sweatshirts, jersey's, and a magical atmosphere.

Go Cubs Go!

Any caps, Mike?

chisoxmike
10-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Any caps, Mike?

They said tomorrow.

I saw on the register they have a picture of the hat and a bar code under it. So I would assume they will get it. Doors open at 9am.

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 03:41 PM
They said tomorrow.

I saw on the register they have a picture of the hat and a bar code under it. So I would assume they will get it. Doors open at 9am.

Thanks for the info!

cws05champ
10-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I bought one on mlb.com last night....

Dirty30
10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Dick's Sports will have hats tomorrow. They also got a shipment of shirts today at noon. This is the one on 183rd and Harlem. Went there today and picked up some shirts.

Law11
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Dicks sports in Streets of Woodfield had them coming in at noon today.
I picked up a t-shirt. Man slim pickins.. Tshirts thats it..

russ99
10-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I'll get a t-shirt only cause the caps are hideous. They look like a 10-year old put them together. Uh, whoops...

Besides if the Sox can win a round or two or three, future hats might mean a lot more.

Viva Medias B's
10-01-2008, 07:48 PM
This morning around 9:15 a.m., one of the souvenir stands normally set up in the USCF parking lot was at the Gas City in Orland Park at 167th & LaGrange. We were able to get our shirts and caps.

soxfanreggie
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM
After 2005, I think I'll wait to get ALDS stuff on discount. Once past the ALDS, then I'll probably fork out the bucks.

BleacherBandit
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I got the T-Shirt the players were wearing last night. It's way too big, because Lids only had Larges...

Brian26
10-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I waited about a month after the Sox won the WS. They tend to discount things rather quickly. I imagine the Central Division shirts/hats will be the same way.

Right. They were $35 at the park last night before they ran out. No matter what happens the rest of the way, these will be on sale three or four weeks from now for $10 a piece.

MiamiSpartan
10-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I thought that was one of the ugliest hats I've ever seen....
It'll same me some money at least....love the t-shirts, tho.

Brian26
10-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I thought that was one of the ugliest hats I've ever seen....
It'll same me some money at least....love the t-shirts, tho.

2008 AL Central Champion Shirts > 2005 AL Central Champion Shirts

TheOldRoman
10-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Right. They were $35 at the park last night before they ran out. No matter what happens the rest of the way, these will be on sale three or four weeks from now for $10 a piece.Not necessarily. I hadn't bought the division champs shirt or hat, and couldn't find them afterward. Actually, the stores I went to ordered almost none to begin with. Everything they had sold out, but they never ordered more. I called Dick's and Sports Authority right after the game, and they had no idea when they would get them. They said maybe on Saturday morning (they clinched on thurs). I called again on Saturday morning, and they told me they got them in the day before, all they had left was size medium, and they weren't ordering more. It was obvious the high ups thought "there are no Sox fans, anyway."

I don't know if you remember, but you told me that you saw the shirts and hats discounted at the Carson's on State Street in January, so I was able to pick them up. I still owe you a beer for that.

My point is, in 05, the stores barely ordered any division champs gear. It all sold out, so they ordered a lot more AL champs gear. That was flying off the shelves, so they ordered an insane amount of world series champs stuff. They ordered so much that every store had racks of the lockerroom shirts for a year afterward. Their stupidity cost them. From the first day after the division this year, it looks like they are off to the same stupid start as in 2005 . I won't wait to buy my division champs stuff, because I don't want to risk not being able to find any.

TheOldRoman
10-01-2008, 09:43 PM
2008 AL Central Champion Shirts > 2005 AL Central Champion ShirtsNo way! This shirt is just meh. I loved the 2005 shirt. It was cool because it broke with tradition and was a baseball raglan with different colored sleeves, and I loved the skyline in the background. The only bad aspect was that the name of the division they actually won was barely there. That wasn't changed for this year. "Central Division" is gray on a gray shirt, yet inexplicably, there is a giant AL in the background. This would work for the pennant winners, but not for divisions.

cbone
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Sports Authority in Oak Lawn on Cicero had a table full of t-shirts but no hats. Manager said he was expecting a shipment by the time the store opened. He also said that so many people had asked for them if they come in he will open early if people are waiting outside.

C-Dawg
10-03-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't know if you remember, but you told me that you saw the shirts and hats discounted at the Carson's on State Street in January, so I was able to pick them up. I still owe you a beer for that.

I owe him a beer too then.... I made the CTA ride downtown and scored a couple ALDS hats after the mention here on WSI. They would up being the only ones I've ever seen in stores, and I haven't seen too many more than that in person. I actually wear mine occasionally; unlike the World Series hat which is much too small for me, the ALDS hat actually fits my giant fat head.

Thome_Fan
10-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Are we talking about the hats that the players were wearing after the game, or those ugly, ugly black hats on the mlb.com site? I would love to get my hands on one of the hats with the patch, not so the black hat...

hi im skot
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Not necessarily. I hadn't bought the division champs shirt or hat, and couldn't find them afterward. Actually, the stores I went to ordered almost none to begin with. Everything they had sold out, but they never ordered more. I called Dick's and Sports Authority right after the game, and they had no idea when they would get them. They said maybe on Saturday morning (they clinched on thurs). I called again on Saturday morning, and they told me they got them in the day before, all they had left was size medium, and they weren't ordering more. It was obvious the high ups thought "there are no Sox fans, anyway."

My point is, in 05, the stores barely ordered any division champs gear. It all sold out, so they ordered a lot more AL champs gear. That was flying off the shelves, so they ordered an insane amount of world series champs stuff. They ordered so much that every store had racks of the lockerroom shirts for a year afterward. Their stupidity cost them. From the first day after the division this year, it looks like they are off to the same stupid start as in 2005 . I won't wait to buy my division champs stuff, because I don't want to risk not being able to find any.

I bought the 2005 division champs shirt at Soxfest in 2007 for $10.

Grandstand has the 2005 league champs caps for $10 right now.

:shrug:

GoGoCrede
10-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Did anyone else who ordered off the MLB site get their order cancelled? I ordered a hoodie on Tuesday and just got an e-mail saying they are unable to fulfill the order.

MeteorsSox4367
10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I picked up my t-shirt on Wednesday at Grandstand. The lines were a little long and all the stuff was behind the counter, but I got the shirt and it runs big which is good for a full-figured dude like me.

I think this brings my Sox t-shirt total to 30.

dakuda
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
How are those tshirts after you wash them? I picked up an XL, since that is what I always wear, and it is huge on me.

Dick's claims that it will shrink, but I don't want to wash it to find out, because then I cannot exchange it.

Soxaholic
10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Knowing someone who works at Sports Authority, it is well known that the District Manager of the Chicago district including the Lasalle St, Burbank, Clark St, Oak Lawn and other stores is a huge Cub fan. In fact many of the stores had very few Sox items. It took them until September to get a Quentin jersey (no shirt) but there was plenty of Reed Johnson apparel. In fact, these Sports Authorities have receieved dozens of Cub Playoff Sweatshirts that are unsold, yet they only receive 70 AL Central Champ hats (32 were gone 5 minutes after opening.) Sorry, no one going into these stores looking for a Sox hat is going to come out with a Cub hat. We need to call the corporate office on this because its not just a division hat problem but a problem with the DM.

Frontman
10-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I emailed the Sox about this; because that is total BS that a local district manager can keep product from being sold. It's moronic for one person's bias towards a team to keep his company from making money.

I'm not giving up on Dick's or Triple Threat Sports, as they are solid retailers.

JohnnyInnsbrook
10-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Knowing someone who works at Sports Authority, it is well known that the District Manager of the Chicago district including the Lasalle St, Burbank, Clark St, Oak Lawn and other stores is a huge Cub fan. In fact many of the stores had very few Sox items. It took them until September to get a Quentin jersey (no shirt) but there was plenty of Reed Johnson apparel. In fact, these Sports Authorities have receieved dozens of Cub Playoff Sweatshirts that are unsold, yet they only receive 70 AL Central Champ hats (32 were gone 5 minutes after opening.) Sorry, no one going into these stores looking for a Sox hat is going to come out with a Cub hat. We need to call the corporate office on this because its not just a division hat problem but a problem with the DM.

I highly doubt this is the case.....

Has any one been to any of the road side stands? More specifically the one on 159 near oak park ave. Do they have any thing good?

Frontman
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I highly doubt this is the case.....

Has any one been to any of the road side stands? More specifically the one on 159 near oak park ave. Do they have any thing good?

Nope. Was told by the supervisor at Sports Authority in Orland that "They wouldn't bother" getting more because "the Sox will be eliminated by the time we'd get them back in stock anyways." (This was before yesterday's game was even played.)

Pure BS.

champagne030
10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Nope. Was told by the supervisor at Sports Authority in Orland that "They wouldn't bother" getting more because "the Sox will be eliminated by the time we'd get them back in stock anyways." (This was before yesterday's game was even played.)

Pure BS.

We'll be in the playoffs longer than the flubs. We might go out in 3 too, but our season won't be officially over tomorrow.

Frontman
10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
We'll be in the playoffs longer than the flubs. We might go out in 3 too, but our season won't be officially over tomorrow.

When I asked at Dick's how many people have come in after they sold out, the guy (who was wearing a Ray's shirt) said he stopped counting after 50, and probably was close to 100.

I said "At 25 bucks a pop, that's a nice start to the day you'd get 100 of those in, eh?"

Brian26
10-03-2008, 11:11 PM

I owe him a beer too then.... I made the CTA ride downtown and scored a couple ALDS hats after the mention here on WSI.

I remember very well. I just wanted the hat more than anything. For some reason I wasn't a fan of the half-sleeve Division Champs t-shirt.

chisoxmike
10-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Got the AL Central Champs hat at a sports store in the Nordstroms downtown on Thursday.

PatK
10-04-2008, 01:17 PM

Pure BS.

People experiencing this sort of stuff should get the person's name and call corporate to complain.

That's unacceptable in retail to just insult someone because they are fans of a different team.

MISoxfan
10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
2008 AL Central Champion Shirts > 2005 AL Central Champion Shirts

Yeah, but the half sleeve 2005 shirt was the best of all. The one the team wore right after they clinched.

Edit - I just read your post up above this? That shirt was awesome. Way better than all of the AL playoff/NL playoff crap they're putting out for everyone now. Save that for the wild card.

tstrike2000
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Maybe it's just me, I realize the stores are gonna stock tons of Cubs stuff and that the White Sox were perceived to not go anywhere by the powers that be, but am I the only one who's a little shocked at the lack of availability of the Sox division champion shirts and hats? Basically, two hours after they opened on Wednesday, calling two Dick's Sporting Goods and two Sports Authority's in my area had no adult sizes left. Hats flew off the table before I could get there Thursday morning. Small availability I understand, but to have zero, nada, goose egg after getting such a small shipment in the first place just kind of floored me.

RadioheadRocks
10-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe it's just me, I realize the stores are gonna stock tons of Cubs stuff and that the White Sox were perceived to not go anywhere by the powers that be, but am I the only one who's a little shocked at the lack of availability of the Sox division champion shirts and hats? Basically, two hours after they opened on Wednesday, calling two Dick's Sporting Goods and two Sports Authority's in my area had no adult sizes left. Hats flew off the table before I could get there Thursday morning. Small availability I understand, but to have zero, nada, goose egg after getting such a small shipment in the first place just kind of floored me.

Sounds like quite a few retailers dropped the "supply and demand" ball here. :(:

ChiSoxGirl
10-04-2008, 05:26 PM

Does this mean I shouldn't even stop at the one in Schaumburg tomorrow morning? I'm actually looking for the women's cut Central Division Champions shirt, which I saw on mlb.com the other night, but has since disappeared.... :dunno:

I just went to the Dick's Sporting Goods website (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715323) and they're selling the Phillies NLDS hooded sweatshirts, Angels' Western Division Champion hats, and Cubs & Phillies NLDS Champion "roster" t-shirts, but NOTHING Sox-Championship related at all. :scratch: ***?

Frontman
10-04-2008, 05:41 PM
People experiencing this sort of stuff should get the person's name and call corporate to complain.

That's unacceptable in retail to just insult someone because they are fans of a different team.

I did point him out to the manager; saying "Your clerk there cost you money, not just today; but I won't be back."

Why would I? Dick's carrys everything Sports Authority does; and if they want to be rude I'll go elsewhere.

Frontman
10-04-2008, 05:43 PM
AND THEY ARE AVAILABLE AT THE 167th and LaGrange roadside stand.

And no, please do not PM me to "run and pick one up for you." I'd love to be able to do that, but I don't have that kind of money to buy them up.

But they are available today at the roadside stand at the Gas City station at the above intersection.

RealFan
10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Count me in the crowd of people stunned that local stores don't have much Sox stuff in stock. First, the Sox/Cubs inventory appears to be about 20%/80% in favor of the Cubs. Second, there is very little choice amongst the Sox stuff. My family is going to the game with me tomorrow and we went to Dicks, Champs, and The Sports Authority and came home empty handed.

Now our plan is to head early to the park tomorrow, swing by Grandstand first, and then the stores in U.S. Cell as a last resort. Very big waste of time today...:angry:

Soxaholic
10-04-2008, 05:56 PM
At the local Sports Authority (Burbank) there are three 4-way stands with just Cub playoff sweatshirts. There are three 4-way stands with ALL of the White Sox merchandise the store carries. This includes mens, womens, and kids sizes on just these racks. It has been this way all year long. By my count there were 11 or 12 total racks of Cub apparel in just the front of the store. It doesn't have to be just the AL Central Champs apparel, but ANY White Sox apparel. It is on 77th and Cicero just a few miles away from the Oak Lawn store which is supposed to be White Sox territory. Do they want to lose business? I always have to buy my White Sox apparel at Grandstand or the ballpark because no one carries ANYTHING.

Frontman
10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Actually, let them have all the Cubs stuff. Its moronic to tie up your funds in shelf-warmers. When I went to get my Sox shirt; the over-abundance of Cubbie wear is actually pretty funny.

GoGoCrede
10-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Just got mine at the Tribune store downtown. They also have shirts, if anyone is interested in getting one there too.

Also, I got a men's shirt too (they didn't have women's cut) and they are ridiculously long. I hope they shrink, anyone washed theirs yet?

Brian26
10-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I stopped at the Sports Authority at Clark & Barry this morning (in the heart of Wrigleyville), and they had both Cubs and Sox division championship t-shirts at 50% off (Discounted to $12.50). They had neither team's division caps, and they only had the Cubs playoff hoodies left.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/pic100408_1.jpg

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Anyone flying in or out of Midway will find some of the division caps at the Discover Chicago gift shops. I got mine yesterday when I flew in ($27.95); not sure if they'll be discounted now that the Sox are out.

southside rocks
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Does this mean I shouldn't even stop at the one in Schaumburg tomorrow morning? I'm actually looking for the women's cut Central Division Champions shirt, which I saw on mlb.com the other night, but has since disappeared.... :dunno:

I just went to the Dick's Sporting Goods website (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715323) and they're selling the Phillies NLDS hooded sweatshirts, Angels' Western Division Champion hats, and Cubs & Phillies NLDS Champion "roster" t-shirts, but NOTHING Sox-Championship related at all. :scratch: ***?

Carson's has Division Champion t-shirts, in the men's department. I got one yesterday at the Carson's near me. Had to pay full price, but what the hey.

The Sports Authority near me had no Sox ALC Champion t-shirts but tone of Cubs NLC Champion shirts, and also hooded sweatshirts. Very annoying. However, the Cubs stuff was all 50% off, and it still wasn't moving here on the far south side.

jabrch
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
They didn't make many of the sweatshirts due to the timeline that we clinched on. Sports Authority on Ohio has a bunch of Ts. No hats.

That place has so much Cubs stuff - all of which is on sales. The nice themal NL Central Champs sweatshirts are a great buy at half price. In 3 weeks they will by 75% off. By January, they will be giving some of that stuff away.

I think all the local sporting goods stores ordered for a long Cubs post season. I can see them missing their sales forecasts in Q4 - bigtime.

SOXYoose
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I am never going to Sports Authority again. There is a total Cubs bias because of their sponsorship of the team. I was able to find 1 AL DIVISION lockerroom cap at Kohls in Plainfield. It was the last one though. Got it marked off 25%.

BoysMom3
10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
For anyone who bought a hat, what is the going price? What seems like a reasonable price to pay for a championship hat? Just curious.

jabrch
10-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I am never going to Sports Authority again. There is a total Cubs bias because of their sponsorship of the team. I was able to find 1 AL DIVISION lockerroom cap at Kohls in Plainfield. It was the last one though. Got it marked off 25%.

Nobody has a lot of Sox stuff this season. We made the playoffs 2 days after the season ended. Cubs stuff was printed weeks earlier - even before they mathematically clinched.

Give Sports Authority a break on this one. In 2005 they were more than fair to Sox fans, in general. (not the one in Deerfield, but that's a different story)

Woofer
10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
At Sundays game the merchandise trailers in the parking lots had alot of the Division champs hats and shirts. After the game, all the hats were gone. I was bummed because I wanted one. I should've bought before the game.
After yesterdays loss, one of the trailers had put a sign at the front that basically said, " Thanks for asking, yes, everything is still full price." I thought, fine, take it all back to the warehouse with you. They think that the value is going to hold up on the stuff I guess.

soxfan21
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
For anyone who bought a hat, what is the going price? What seems like a reasonable price to pay for a championship hat? Just curious.

Got mine at the park before ALDS game 3, paid $35 for it, which is kinda high. A buddy of mine got one for $30 at Dick's Sporting Goods.

hi im skot
10-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Grandstand has the caps for $25, for what it's worth.

Woofer
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Grandstand has the caps for $25, for what it's worth.
Are these available online, or just at the store?

hi im skot
10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Are these available online, or just at the store?

I don't think they're online...just give them a call and order that way. 773-927-1984.

Woofer
10-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't think they're online...just give them a call and order that way. 773-927-1984.
Thanks, will do.

ChiSoxGirl
10-07-2008, 10:16 PM
UGH, I was so annoyed this afternoon! I went to the Sports Authority in Niles, looking for the Championship shirts and what was I greeted by? Seriously, there were like 35 racks of Cubs crap and a mere THREE racks of Sox stuff. There wasn't a Sox Championship shirt to be had, either. A guy asked if he could help me, and I said in an uncertain tone, "White Sox Division Championship shirts...?" He told me they were all gone, the store only got one shipment, and that was it. I asked if he had any suggestions where I could fine one, and all he said was "mlb.com."

As I said in a previous post in this thread, I'm in search of the women's style of the shirt, so I went to mlb.com (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3295078&clickid=body_rv_img) and found it... except there are no sizes to select from and when you click "add to cart," it says, "There are no products in your shopping cart." I've never seen a shortage of Sox championship shirts like this. :mad: My plan is to call Grandstand on Friday and see what their supply is, then make the drive down there on Saturday if they've got what I'm looking for. This is beyond annoying!!!

SOXYoose
10-07-2008, 11:16 PM
DICKS out it Lombard: the guy there told me they typically do their markdowns on Weds. Including the few SOX div champ shirts they have - like 3 of them.

siugrad25
10-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Quick question: Has anyone seen any hats out in near the Fox Valley Mall or near the Louis Joliet Mall. I work in Aurora and live in Plainfield, and I can't believe how hard it is to find a ALDS hat... grrr.

esbrechtel
10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
The only places I have seen the ALDS hat was at the park ($35 :o:) and grandstand...

Warriorjan
10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I heard that only the park and Grandstand ever had the hats, they were the only places that carried them. We got a small amount because of clinching so late, and no more were made.

SOXYoose
10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
I know a couple of things. These division champ lockerroom caps are going to be a collectors item. I am actually having a hard time finding the shirts now, and it absolutely kills me to see a hundred cubs shirts going dirt cheap.

Warriorjan
10-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Got a cap today at the Tribune store and they had t-shirts for sale as well (don't yell at me, I was walking by and was curious to see if they had any Sox stuff at all). There was only 1 or 2 on the shelf. All discounted.

ChiSoxGirl
10-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I called Grandstand this afternoon and they have mens and womens Championship shirts. However, they're out of the hats and the girl told me they won't be getting anymore because MLB is sold out and done producing them. :mad:

Medford Bobby
10-10-2008, 11:24 PM
I called Grandstand this afternoon and they have mens and womens Championship shirts. However, they're out of the hats and the girl told me they won't be getting anymore because MLB is sold out and done producing them. :mad:
I think this means there will be no close out specials during spring training. During ST this year at TEP, they were giving away DBacks hats for about 3 bucks and t-shirts for about 5 bucks and this was NLCS stuff with the Rockies. I wonder if they held back making alot of stuff as the Sox were so late confirming they're play-off status??:scratch:

ChiSoxGirl
10-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I think this means there will be no close out specials during spring training. During ST this year at TEP, they were giving away DBacks hats for about 3 bucks and t-shirts for about 5 bucks and this was NLCS stuff with the Rockies. I wonder if they held back making alot of stuff as the Sox were so late confirming they're play-off status??:scratch:

I don't know what the deal is with the merchandise being so limited this time around, but it's annoying, that's for sure! I love Grandstand and all, but I would've rather gone to a local Sports Authority or Dick's Sporting Goods for my shirt, rather than fighting traffic on the Kennedy on a Saturday afternoon.

SOXYoose
10-11-2008, 12:10 AM
In case anyone was interested. These hats are going for up to 60 dollars on EBAY. Nuts.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUSQ5fSMQ5fFanQ5fShop?_nkw=sox+division+ hat&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=division+hat&_osacat=0

FielderJones
10-11-2008, 12:18 AM
In case anyone was interested. These hats are going for up to 60 dollars on EBAY. Nuts.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUSQ5fSMQ5fFanQ5fShop?_nkw=sox+division+ hat&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=division+hat&_osacat=0

http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3300252&cp=3300252

:dunno:

Ragator43
10-11-2008, 11:21 AM
http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3300252&cp=3300252

:dunno:

The locker room hat isn't listed. It was on there for a couple days following the division clincher, but it hasn't been available through the MLB shop since.

Brian26
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't know what the deal is with the merchandise being so limited this time around, but it's annoying, that's for sure! I love Grandstand and all, but I would've rather gone to a local Sports Authority or Dick's Sporting Goods for my shirt, rather than fighting traffic on the Kennedy on a Saturday afternoon.

And you would have paid 50% of at Sports Authority ($12.50). Meanwhile, I bet Pete and Rosemary have their shirts going for full price if not slightly marked up.

soxfanreggie
10-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I bought a shirt, but if I get anything else from the 2008 playoffs, it will be on clearance.

wxkid23
10-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I might go for that practice hoodie....

hi im skot
10-11-2008, 02:06 PM
And you would have paid 50% of at Sports Authority ($12.50). Meanwhile, I bet Pete and Rosemary have their shirts going for full price if not slightly marked up.

Shirts are still normal price ($25). Everything was much more expensive at the park.

ChiSoxGirl
10-11-2008, 05:16 PM

Except I went to two different Sports Authorities and they had absolutely nothing. I made Grandstand my last resort because of the lack of convenience, but I knew if anyone would have the shirts, they would. I got my shirt there this afternoon and paid $21 for the women's style; I'm OK with that.

I might go for that practice hoodie....

That thing is pretty sweet. I asked for it for my birthday. I hope I get it! :praying:

soxfanreggie
10-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I just saw the greyish colored shirts on sale for $4.97 at MC Sports; however, they only had XXL shirts left.

soxfanaticpaulie
10-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I got 2 hats today (one for me, one for the fiance) at a store called Fansedge in Woodfield mall. Small, privately owned place. He has the Hats, shirts, and hoodies. Had plenty of them too!

I figured I'd find it in a small mall store. Probably the best bet if you are still looking.

ChiSoxGirl
10-12-2008, 12:28 AM
I got 2 hats today (one for me, one for the fiance) at a store called Fansedge in Woodfield mall. Small, privately owned place. He has the Hats, shirts, and hoodies. Had plenty of them too!

I figured I'd find it in a small mall store. Probably the best bet if you are still looking.

You've just given me something to do tomorrow! Where exactly in the mall is Fan's Edge?

kruzer31
10-12-2008, 01:21 AM
I also got hats and shirts at a store in Woodfield called Love from Chicago.....a little Chicago souveniere shop there

Jeff

tstrike2000
10-12-2008, 09:03 AM
I also got hats and shirts at a store in Woodfield called Love from Chicago.....a little Chicago souveniere shop there

Jeff

You've just given me something to do tomorrow! Where exactly in the mall is Fan's Edge?

Yes, me too. I'll have to try those two places since I'll probably be in that area.

soxfanaticpaulie
10-12-2008, 11:13 AM

Sorry, I can't remember exactly, I was all around that mall yesterday. I know it is right outside of a department store, I just can't remember which one. Check the directory!

Cuck the Fubs
10-12-2008, 04:14 PM

I thought it was across from the Lego store.....

If you do happen to go there, please let us know if there's any left and how much they are...I'm going to try and get there Monday night!

ChiSoxGirl
10-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I thought it was across from the Lego store.....

If you do happen to go there, please let us know if there's any left and how much they are...I'm going to try and get there Monday night!

I was at Fan's Edge (right next to J.C. Penney on the upper level) around 12:30p today and they had three hats left on the counter and three scattered among the Sox player tee table. With tax, the cost came to a little over $30.

Cuck the Fubs
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
I was at Fan's Edge (right next to J.C. Penney on the upper level) around 12:30p today and they had three hats left on the counter and three scattered among the Sox player tee table. With tax, the cost came to a little over $30.

Thanks much for the info :D:

Ill have to stop in tommorow!

BainesHOF
10-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I picked up one at Fan's Edge at 2 p.m. Sunday. There were about a half dozen left. If you don't see one by the Sox shirts, there were a couple odd ones scattered about the store. A young clerk chatted me up about how rare the hats are. He knew all about them going on eBay for $50 apiece, so I'm sure that's where they're still full price while the shirts and hoodies were marked down considerably.

tstrike2000
10-12-2008, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the tip. I got to Fansedge when it opened this morning, picked up the hat, then relayed the message to Chisoxgirl. Those of us that were looking for the hats are grateful for the info.

ChiSoxGirl
10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
I picked up one at Fan's Edge at 2 p.m. Sunday. There were about a half dozen left. If you don't see one by the Sox shirts, there were a couple odd ones scattered about the store. A young clerk chatted me up about how rare the hats are. He knew all about them going on eBay for $50 apiece, so I'm sure that's where they're still full price while the shirts and hoodies were marked down considerably.

The same clerk waited on me, as he was also talking to me about the hats going for double the price on eBay.

soxfanaticpaulie
10-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Glad I could help get a few more people the hats they wanted.

I want the "real" Sox fans to get them, not humps who will sell them on Ebay!

cbone
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I went to Sports Authority in Oak Lawn today and there are big signs at the entrance saying "Official retailer of the Chicago Cubs" Do the Sox have an offiicial retailer?

chisoxmike
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I went to Sports Authority in Oak Lawn today and there are big signs at the entrance saying "Official retailer of the Chicago Cubs" Do the Sox have an offiicial retailer?

Grandstands

Brian26
10-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Grandstands

Gonna stop by there after I go Jewels and Cubs Food tonight.

soxfan21
10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Went up to Fan's Edge this afternoon to get one of those 2008 playoff sweatshirts for cheap, and they still had a ton of hats there if anyone else was looking for them.

siugrad25
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
This place is at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg right? Grrr... I'll call them tomorrow (Thursday) and maybe I can drive up there on my day off on Friday... I'm just curious how long the drive is between Plainfield and there...

siugrad25
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Went up to Fan's Edge this afternoon to get one of those 2008 playoff sweatshirts for cheap, and they still had a ton of hats there if anyone else was looking for them.

How much are the sweatshirts???

kruzer31
10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
This place is at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg right? Grrr... I'll call them tomorrow (Thursday) and maybe I can drive up there on my day off on Friday... I'm just curious how long the drive is between Plainfield and there...

45 minutes with no traffic, with traffic........Longer

chisoxmike
10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
There is a Fan's Edge downtown if that is easier for some people. It's on Grand & Wabash next to the entrance of the Nordstroms.

soxfan21
10-15-2008, 12:50 PM
How much are the sweatshirts???

I got mine for $43, pretty cheap considering they were goin for $55-$60 a week ago. I got the last large one, but they still had a few XL and XXL left.

siugrad25
10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
I got mine for $43, pretty cheap considering they were goin for $55-$60 a week ago. I got the last large one, but they still had a few XL and XXL left.

This is what I get for losing my weight... Before it used to be that when I would look for something all I could find are larges... Now that I need a large, everything is XL or XXL... But thanks for the tips... I think I'll have to drag the kids for a field trip Friday morning.

Cuck the Fubs
10-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, I FINALLY got to make the trek out to Woodfield this evening....got there about 7pm.

After looking all over the damn store, the clerk asked if he could help...I asked if they had any Sox division champ hats left.....

Sold the last 4 to the same guy 1 hour before I got there. :whiner:

Guess I'm not getting one after all :angry:

tstrike2000
10-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Well, I FINALLY got to make the trek out to Woodfield this evening....got there about 7pm.

After looking all over the damn store, the clerk asked if he could help...I asked if they had any Sox division champ hats left.....

Sold the last 4 to the same guy 1 hour before I got there. :whiner:

Guess I'm not getting one after all :angry:

Call the Fansedge Chisoxmike mentioned above and see if they possibly have any left.

chisoxmike
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Anybody want one of these...
http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-5264928reg.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:showEnhanced%28%29;)

:rolling:

Cuck the Fubs
10-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Call the Fansedge Chisoxmike mentioned above and see if they possibly have any left.

Thanks for the lead...but I can't get down there till Sunday....

Football practice Thursday
Football game Friday night
Family stuff all Saturday

Story of my life :redneck

GoGoCrede
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Anybody want one of these...
http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-5264928reg.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:showEnhanced%28%29;)

:rolling:

That's as funny as the Cubs hat with 1908-2008 on it. It says "Chase the Dream" or "Year of Destiny" or something to that effect. Who else has seen those?

chisoxmike
10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
That's as funny as the Cubs hat with 1908-2008 on it. It says "Chase the Dream" or "Year of Destiny" or something to that effect. Who else has seen those?

They're still selling them at the Borders on Michigan Ave!

GoGoCrede
10-15-2008, 11:15 PM
They're still selling them at the Borders on Michigan Ave!

I know, my friend and I wore them and took photos. That whole section still isn't marked down. Hilarious. :redneck

chisoxmike
10-15-2008, 11:16 PM
I know, my friend and I wore them and took photos. That whole section still isn't marked down. Hilarious. :redneck

I wanted to buy one.

GoGoCrede
10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I wanted to buy one.

It would make for a nice Halloween costume or gag gift. Along with that book that has an annoying Zambrano photo. My friend and I received looks of death as we laughed.

cws05champ
10-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I just got mine yesterday after I ordered it online after they clinched...

cbone
10-16-2008, 11:31 AM
If this cap is a must have for you, someone just listed a bunch of them on ebay with starting bids of 40 bucks. They are 1 day auctions so you might have have a good shot at picking one up if you really want one.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=white+sox+division+cap&_sacat=See-All-Categories

mrwag
10-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I am sorry, but these are the ugliest hats I've seen. Whoever was in charge of this design needs to be fired.

hi im skot
10-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I am sorry, but these are the ugliest hats I've seen. Whoever was in charge of this design needs to be fired.

They're charmingly-unattractive. Sort of like Steve Buscemi.

jmeneghini1433
10-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Actually ran into one of these caps on accident. I was walking through the Kohl's at Chicago Ridge Mall and it was jumbled in with a bunch of various other caps that had nothing to do with baseball. It was the only one and I even asked the guy. He said that I was lucky and they had only got a shipment of and sold out in about 45 minutes.

White Sox 2008 Attendance Record
19-5
Opening Day
3 Sox/Cubs (1 @ Wrigley)
Tiebreaker!
2 ALDS