PDA

View Full Version : Konerko Needs To Be On The Ballot!

BearSox
05-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Here are some stats following last nights game.

In the A.L. Paulie is

2nd in Hits
2nd in RBI's
6th in BA

Of all ML 1st baseman with atleast 100 ABs

1st in Hits
1st in RBIs
1st in BA

With those numbers he should be a starter but i'm sure come July we'll have to see Giambi there at first just because he's payed a lot, even if Paulies numbers stay constant which i don't see why not.
Before we worry about him starting we need to get him on the ballot and i don't know how other than just doing a lot of write in votes. Any ideas?

Moses_Scurry
05-17-2002, 10:48 AM
Paulie's got four votes from me so far! He also has a vote from my girlfriend and a vote from one of my other friends.

nut_stock
05-17-2002, 11:10 AM
Yes he should have been on the ballot. But it'll be great to see a position player who wasn't on the ballot go to the game anyway (coach pick)

Cheryl
05-17-2002, 11:21 AM
There's not going to be a position player from the Sox voted into the All Star Game. So quit worrying about it. At least one will be named to the team by Torre. Maybe it'll be Paulie.

I don't even bother voting. The game is a waste of time anyway.

dougs78
05-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Cheryl is right, even if Konerko was on the ballot he would not have gotten the votes. We just don't get nearly enough attendence or have the name recognition. Realisitically though, PK and Maggs should both be shoo-ins for the all-star game at this point. We still have a good amount of time to the break though and with each team needing a representative, it will be hard to pick 2 bench players from the same team. Especially when you consider that Torre will take at least 7-8 yankees again.

Dadawg_77
05-17-2002, 12:42 PM
Mags and Paul got at least 50 votes from myself so far. Hey does anyone have a script or program that can create a free email account, voted 25 time online and then do it again? We live in Chicago the home of vote early, vote often.

foulkesfan11
05-17-2002, 12:42 PM
Even though I know it was a waste of time, my friends & I filled out about 100 ballots the other night when we lost and we wrote in Konerko's name.

I hate the all-star game anyway. As stated before in previous posts.

Maybe if the Yankees actually lost one year & Torre didn't get to pick the team, it would be more interesting. But I doubt it.