PDA

View Full Version : Griffey - this year's for you!

PennStater98r
10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
That peg last night was just awesome. Think about him throwing in on the tag to third - probably loosened up his arm.

Anyway, he's one of the greats - maybe the greatest in our era of baseball (him or A-Rod imo). I want him to get a ring - and this is the year he deserves it!

ChiSoxFan81
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
It'd be great to win it for Griffey. But don't forget about Thome!!!

esbrechtel
10-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I love how during the post game festivities they said the two guys that stepped up are the two who are running out of chances for a ring....Has Griff ever played in a WS?

Huisj
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Has Griff ever played in a WS?

no

Madvora
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
That peg last night was just awesome. Think about him throwing in on the tag to third - probably loosened up his arm.

Anyway, he's one of the greats - maybe the greatest in our era of baseball (him or A-Rod imo). I want him to get a ring - and this is the year he deserves it!
When I saw that weak throw to third I was thinking that his arm is totally dead at his age, but he proved me wrong right after that.

PennStater98r
10-01-2008, 04:46 PM
When I saw that weak throw to third I was thinking that his arm is totally dead at his age, but he proved me wrong right after that.

Yeah - that's why I drew attention to it. I suspect he was throwing 'safe' so that it wasn't a wild throw. Obviously he unleashed the cannon when going home!

khan
10-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Griffey's done more for this team than I thought he would.

But him getting Cuddyer at home was more about Cuddyer being Konerko-esque on the basepaths than it was about Griffey's arm. Griffey didn't get a running start to his throw, and didn't get as much on it if he did.

For that matter, I don't remember any White Sox outfielder using that technique... Perhaps this is just one more example of this team not being fundamentally sound.

Jpgr91
10-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Griffey's done more for this team than I thought he would.

But him getting Cuddyer at home was more about Cuddyer being Konerko-esque on the basepaths than it was about Griffey's arm. Griffey didn't get a running start to his throw, and didn't get as much on it if he did.

For that matter, I don't remember any White Sox outfielder using that technique... Perhaps this is just one more example of this team not being fundamentally sound.

Baseball is results orientated... And that result was excellent.

khan
10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Baseball is results orientated... And that result was excellent.

Don't you mean "results-oriented?"

What is "orientated," anyway?

Sure, I'm pleased with the outcome. But that outcome is no reason to laud Griffey, and ESPECIALLY no reason for him to return to the Sox for 2009.

Jpgr91
10-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Don't you mean "results-oriented?"

What is "orientated," anyway?

Sure, I'm pleased with the outcome. But that outcome is no reason to laud Griffey, and ESPECIALLY no reason for him to return to the Sox for 2009.

What if a player sets up for the throw in the "perfect" or "correct" way, but then misses the plate by 20 feet? Using your logic, I am assuming you would say the player should be lauded? Griffey made an excellent throw that resulted in preventing a run from scoring in what ended up to be a 1 run victory.

Its all about the results.