PDA

View Full Version : Last night's LOUDEST moments!

gosox83
10-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Last night's game was the loudest I have ever been to at the Cell.

Even K.W. came out afterward to address the crowd and said he thought it was more intense than 2005.

So with that in mind let me tell you last nights LOUDEST moments.

1. Anderson's catch to clinch!!

2. Cuddyer out at the plate on Griff's throw and AJ's tag.

3. Jim's blast.

4. Thunderstruck...Sox take the field.

5. Swisher takes the microphone after the game and says "Lets get Tampa!!!" Crowd erupted.

AWESOME NIGHT!

INCREDIBLE!!

JackK
10-01-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't think anything was louder than the paulie chant right after thome hit his home run. I turned to my wife and screamed "this is crazy" right in her ear, and she didnt hear me. They must have been re-pumping it through the PA or something.

gosox83
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't think anything was louder than the paulie chant right after thome hit his home run. I turned to my wife and screamed "this is crazy" right in her ear, and she didnt hear me. They must have been re-pumping it through the PA or something.

Totally forgot about that one. You are right. Even when he was down in the count.....PAULIE PAULIE PAULIE

MADNESS I TELL YOU ....MADNESS!!!

GOD BLESS RICK HAHN'S SON FOR CALLING HEADS!!

WE NEEDED THAT HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!!!

gosox3072
10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Sorry to be a dark cloud, but despite the fact that was the most intense game ive ever been to, the 3rd game in minnesota was louder. That dome sucks

The blackout however was awesome!

hi im skot
10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Sorry to be a dark cloud, but despite the fact that was the most intense game ive ever been to, the 3rd game in minnesota was louder. That dome sucks

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-5190466dt.jpg

btrain929
10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
It had it's moments of being loud, but we weren't ever able to get a few good things going at once to have it really really loud for long periods of time during the game. Uribe fielded his double play, then we go down 1-2-3. Griffey double, then nothing. But the homer, gunned runner at home, and final out were all awesome!

gosox3072
10-01-2008, 09:58 AM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-5190466dt.jpg

Well put!!!:bandance:

aryzner
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
About the loudness thing... how are the mics to get the crowd noises placed at US Cellular? I watched the highlights on whitesox.com after I got back from the game and it was WAAAAYYYY louder in person than it sounded on TV. Now, I know this is always going to be true, but I've seen things like Cub games on TV that sound incredibly loud even on the TV. The video/audio that I saw made it sound way less loud than it actually was imo.

AnkleSox
10-01-2008, 10:37 AM
About the loudness thing... how are the mics to get the crowd noises placed at US Cellular? I watched the highlights on whitesox.com after I got back from the game and it was WAAAAYYYY louder in person than it sounded on TV. Now, I know this is always going to be true, but I've seen things like Cub games on TV that sound incredibly loud even on the TV. The video/audio that I saw made it sound way less loud than it actually was imo.

I'm not too sure about the mics, but I do remember in 05 the Fox guys saying that the Cell may be the loudest they've ever heard a stadium (or something along those lines).

Law11
10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
KW said after the game he thought that crowd last night was as loud if not louder than the WS in 05.

PatK
10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I couldn't hear the fireworks after Thome's home run.

ChiSoxFan81
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I couldn't hear the fireworks after Thome's home run.

There were fireworks?

chisoxfanatic
10-01-2008, 11:05 AM
I'd have to agree. That was almost deafening!
KW said after the game he thought that crowd last night was as loud if not louder than the WS in 05.
I wasn't at any of the WS games; but, I must say that it was pretty much as loud as when Crede knocked in the winning run in Game 2 of the ALCS.

gosox83
10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Can anyone name the song Nancy played on the organ when Anderson caught the final out?????

If you can you have non-human ears.

Now that somebody mentioned it,,,,,you really couldn't hear the fireworks after Thome's home run.

WikdChiSoxFan
10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
honestly, that was the loudest i've ever heard the stadium, the most intense the crowd has ever been. ...and it will remain that way...

because this was a game 7, a do or die, and unlike any of the other playoff games, all the seats were sold to fans...

in the playoffs you've got to deal with a quarter of the stadium being given away to sponsers etc...

...best game ever...

markopat
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
WOW...reading this I especially wish I could have been there...

WE ROCK!

tebman
10-01-2008, 12:27 PM

Fenway can explain this more explicitly than I can, but all the audio for a radio or TV broadcast is mixed just like a recording. The mics used by the announcers are tightly directional and pick up very little sound other than the announcer's voice. They have mics hanging somewhere outside the booth to pick up crowd noise and then mix it in with the other sound, so they can make the crowd as loud as they choose for the broadcast. The audio is also electronically processed more or less depending on the network's tastes. That's why Fox broadcasts always sound so shrill and NBC broadcasts sound more low-key.

I heard part of the game on the radio and most of it on TV, and the TV mix was definitely lower. I guess TBS was paying big money to three announcers so they wanted us to hear them more than the crowd. :tongue:

WisSoxFan
10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
honestly, that was the loudest i've ever heard the stadium, the most intense the crowd has ever been. ...and it will remain that way...

because this was a game 7, a do or die, and unlike any of the other playoff games, all the seats were sold to fans...

in the playoffs you've got to deal with a quarter of the stadium being given away to sponsers etc...

...best game ever...

That might be the best point of this entire thread. What a great opportunity and night for those great Sox fans who were able to get in. The players make it a game worth watching. The fans make it an event. Thanks!

slavko
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
That might be the best point of this entire thread. What a great opportunity and night for those great Sox fans who were able to get in. The players make it a game worth watching. The fans make it an event. Thanks!

That's what I was looking for. No tix brokers, no corporate types in three piece suits, no out-of-towners, just the folks who bought the tickets at face seeing their beloved perform a minor miracle. It might have even impressed a few people around the country watching the only baseball game being played.

ACTF_ZETT
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I have quite a few dissagreements here. First of all the towels are awesome, but because you always have a towel in your hand, the overall crowd noise is lower.

With that said, last night after the play at the plate was by FAR the loudest the crowd has ever been when I have been at a game. Even with the towels. I dont even think this is close to being debateable. The play at the plate was much louder than even the winning catch. Also the crowd never stopped going bonkers until the sox started batting the next inning.

Loudest crowd moment I have ever been at, 2005 Indy 500 when Danica Patrick took the lead. I am not a Danica fan, but that was practically 500,000 people jumping and screaming.

What a great time last night though, I will never forget it.

GlassSox
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Loudest game that I've been to. That was a really great experience.

The next loudest game that I attended was 1982 World Series game 7 in St. Louis

ACTF_ZETT
10-01-2008, 09:28 PM
One more thought, "Living on a Prayer" last night was awesome. Entire crowd was screaming.

BoysMom3
10-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Have I mentioned how very jealous I am of every person who was there last night? Oh yeah, I did. Must have been unreal!!!!!

Frankfan4life
10-02-2008, 12:17 PM

...best game ever...I also agree with all of your points. I also want to add that even though there were less fans in the ballpark on Monday, the crowd was proportionately as loud and intense as they were on Tuesday.

To illustrate your point further about playoff game tickets, during the cubs game yesterday, despite what the players and mediots said, the Wrigley crowd was almost dead silent for most of the game.

I really hope this doesn't happen when the Sox return to the Cell even if they're down two games.

hawkjt
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
I know we get on the Trib around here but Rick Morrisey has really stepped up the last few columns chronicling the Sox 3 game run.
He had me in tears this morning with his column on Alexei and Big Jim and their epic homers.

Rick Morrisey...best columnist in town...nice job.

Both game will live on in Sox annals as alltimers.

gosox83
10-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I know we get on the Trib around here but Rick Morrisey has really stepped up the last few columns chronicling the Sox 3 game run.
He had me in tears this morning with his column on Alexei and Big Jim and their epic homers. .

Link please??? I stopped getting the trib, but would like to read that.

I heard a caller on the radio say today that he was at the cub game and it was dead. He goes, "It makes me so frustrated because the night before the Sox fans were all wearing black and loud as hell and they got their team the win, if the cubs fans would have been like that Dempster would have threw more strikes"

He was practically crying.......AWESOME!!!!!

GO SOX!

BTW,,,,ever since the Rays came into existence they have played us well. NOW THAT IT REALLY COUNTS WE WILL DOMINATE...BOLLEVE IT!!

Roof Shot
10-02-2008, 12:53 PM
One more moment to add to the list.

After Blackburn was taken out of the game, the Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye song was extremely loud! Just unbelievable! It would be awesome to get a recording of that.

By the time I got home from the game, my ears were ringing as if I went to a concert.

BadBobbyJenks
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I am glad I got a free bowling towel. I needed a new one.

Thome's homer, I didn't even see it land I was just celebrating with everyone on the Fundamentals deck as soon as it left the bat.

Alexei got a pretty solid ovation during the intros, but it did not live up to any in game moments.